Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489392 times)
gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #3510 on: March 21, 2015, 05:29:21 AM »

Several. Some are easy to miss, some jump out and slap you across the face.

Obi Wan vs Grievous. The two sabers in his right hands, one is the prop for Anakin's Saber (Graflex), has Green blade, the other is Obi Wan's, has a blue blade. After he loses the hand with Obi Wan's saber, in the shot where he's crossing two sabers in front of Obi Wan, we see the Graflex with a blue blade.

Palpatine vs Windu: in some close up shots, he's carrying a Graflex, though it's easy to miss, since his hands are covering most of the saber. Look closely at the emitter, especially when the camera is centered on Palpatine himself.

Anakin vs Obi Wan: the scene where Anakin is strangling Obi Wan, from the upward angle, Obi Wan is holding his own saber. From the down angle used a few seconds later, it's Anakin's handle, and it switches back and forth a few times.

Obi vs Grievous: The action is way too fast for me to have ever notice those.  Sounds like someone was being funny I guess.

Palpatine vs Windu: Apparently and don't quote me on this as I heard second-hand, there was footage of Anakin being present for the entire fight between Palps and Windu.  Windu either loses his saber early or grabs Anakin's saber right away. 

Anakin vs Obi-Wan: Apparently and don't quote me on this as I heard second-hand on this as well, there was footage where Obi-Wan disarms Anakin and has both sabers in his hands for a few moments during the fight. 

Overall guess:  George Lucas either sucks at editing or was constantly reshooting scenes and causing the editor fits as the editor attempts to cut a consistent film.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3511 on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:59 AM »

I'd dig a Windu style saber or replica like with the others of either versions =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #3512 on: March 21, 2015, 07:56:13 AM »

Obi vs Grievous: The action is way too fast for me to have ever notice those.  Sounds like someone was being funny I guess.

Palpatine vs Windu: Apparently and don't quote me on this as I heard second-hand, there was footage of Anakin being present for the entire fight between Palps and Windu.  Windu either loses his saber early or grabs Anakin's saber right away. 

Anakin vs Obi-Wan: Apparently and don't quote me on this as I heard second-hand on this as well, there was footage where Obi-Wan disarms Anakin and has both sabers in his hands for a few moments during the fight. 

Overall guess:  George Lucas either sucks at editing or was constantly reshooting scenes and causing the editor fits as the editor attempts to cut a consistent film.

For Greivous vs Obi: Fair enough.

Palpatine vs Windu: But that then the blade would've been blue instead of red, so they probably just used a different prop for some reason and eitehr didn't think anyone would notice, or didn't notice themselves.

Mustafar duel: If I'm not mistaken, I think that's correct according to the novel. At the very least according to a short kids book adaptation I have.

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #3513 on: March 21, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

For Greivous vs Obi: Fair enough.

Palpatine vs Windu: But that then the blade would've been blue instead of red, so they probably just used a different prop for some reason and eitehr didn't think anyone would notice, or didn't notice themselves.

Mustafar duel: If I'm not mistaken, I think that's correct according to the novel. At the very least according to a short kids book adaptation I have.

I misread your previous quote to say that Windu had Anakin's blade but it was Palpatine who had Anakin's blade <-- I popped in ROTS to that scene and you were right..

Palpatine vs Windu:  During filming they may have intended for Anakin's blade to be used. However, once it was decided that Palpatine would use his own weapon throughout the fight, all they would need to do is find the fast shots that obscure the hilt and give it a red blade in post-production.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3514 on: March 25, 2015, 10:30:42 PM »

The new CREE LEDs? ;o Would be epic. I'd then have to send in ALL my sabers for an upgrade for sure. Lol. unless those are in the future sabers as well?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

« Reply #3515 on: March 25, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »

I misread your previous quote to say that Windu had Anakin's blade but it was Palpatine who had Anakin's blade <-- I popped in ROTS to that scene and you were right..

Palpatine vs Windu:  During filming they may have intended for Anakin's blade to be used. However, once it was decided that Palpatine would use his own weapon throughout the fight, all they would need to do is find the fast shots that obscure the hilt and give it a red blade in post-production.

My explanation for why palpy used Anakin's hilt would be that maybe his saber prop either wasn't as sturdy or got broken when that scene needed to be filmed, or they were rushing and it was an oversight and hoped nobody would notice. But that's just my guess.

Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #3516 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

The grab bags, how about an option to have "NOT [insert blade colour]"

At this point i'd love a random saber , but not a colour I already have.. Maybe charge something like $3 this way you're still paying for a random colour but you've elimination one that you def don't want...

Just my 2 pence..

Adz

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

« Reply #3517 on: March 25, 2015, 11:36:38 PM »

That's actually a pretty good idea. Process of elimination.

Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3518 on: March 25, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »

I completely back the non-color option for grab bag sabers and would happily pay a small fee for that service.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

« Reply #3519 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »

I have a few new suggestions.

An LE version of the Archon, or an Archon V3 to make it look more like Luke/Obi Wan's saber, a Crossguard saber with a shorter handle ( my friend suggested that) and a solid black Omen, since they have a black Omen hilt on the Flamberge V2. I'd like to see a black Omen with silver highlights.

Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Syl-Rel Veloci
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3520 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:46 PM »

With regards to Grab Bag Lightsabers, I would suggest maybe giving out more of the designs that ended up on the cutting room floor. They may not have made the floor stock designs but they sure are unique and we wouldn't mind getting our hands on them.  For example, the blue colored Liberator Lightsaber... hilts with different tone, color, or etching (like the Reaper)... unique blade LED colors etc.

Lightside Points Appreciated

Crimson Scorpion with Fire Orange Blade
Dominix LE V3 with Guardian Blue Blade

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3521 on: May 14, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »

The grab bags, how about an option to have "NOT [insert blade colour]"

At this point i'd love a random saber , but not a colour I already have.. Maybe charge something like $3 this way you're still paying for a random colour but you've elimination one that you def don't want...

Just my 2 pence..

Adz

That is actually a great idea.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3522 on: May 14, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »

It's probably been suggested before, but I wasn't going to read 230+ pages, but how about latching switches that look like a non-illuminated AV switch, and just ditch the black latching switch all together?

Would love to have the stunt sabers look sleeker.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3523 on: May 14, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »

It's probably been suggested before, but I wasn't going to read 230+ pages, but how about latching switches that look like a non-illuminated AV switch, and just ditch the black latching switch all together?

Would love to have the stunt sabers look sleeker.

They already have them, but they are only put on stunt versions of the Graflex, Chosen One, and Malice hilts. These switches are longer than the normal ones and therefore need the extra depth given by the activation boxes, which are nothing more than aluminum blocks used to raise the switches.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Xavon
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3524 on: May 17, 2015, 01:43:11 AM »

It did not come up in the search, but I'd love to see a reproduction of the Kagemitsu G4.  Given that it comes in multiple colors in SAO, the silver/black/red/blue variants would be perfect.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: