Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489431 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #3900 on: January 22, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »

Isn't that what the Emerald sabers are for?   Any color.  Any time.

Generally when I get a saber I have a specific color in mind for it, I don't want to pay so much extra for emerald when I will probably just find the color I want it in and leave it like that.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3901 on: January 22, 2016, 06:44:46 AM »

I'd like some new premium/basic/forum colors myself.  I really want Indigo, a couple new greens like a lime green would be cool, and amber would be awesome!
I definitely think we need some more colours.
Isn't that what the Emerald sabers are for?   Any color.  Any time.

You could always order adegan silver and experiment with the colour discs. I saw a great youtube video where someone did that and came up with some really nice looking colours using up to three disc combos.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3902 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »

There is still only so much one can get consistently out of two colors mixes without going RGB.  Sure I suppose they could come up with a new standardized RGB color with some regularity, but will it be worth it?  Just how many shades of any color can be made consistently and look good as a preset and no driver?  Wasn't there a problem with some of the forum colors not being consistent for a while?  

Though I suppose that the Emeralds can model the colors and when a good one is found, it can be locked in as a new forum color and preset is a RGB LED as long as it doesn't need the extra white or amber of the RGBW or RGBA.  

Did Ultrasabers ever use RGBG, and how did those turn out with the extra green?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3903 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:11 AM »

Not all of us can afford Emerald. But other new colors would be cool though. Indigo would be an interesting new color for sure though too. I'd still like to see more of a crimson shade of red rather than the one we already have. Bane's Heart isn't really crimson though but more magenta if anything am I right?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

CarsonW
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3904 on: January 22, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »

A couple suggestions I've thought of
1. Electrum finishes: Although some hilts have some gold on them, A mace or emperor palpatine hilt style would look really cool. Imagine the monarch with an electrum finish.
2. Crystal reveal sabers: Crystals look really cool when they are exposed and this would look awesome.
3, A true orange: In my opinion, FO is too yellow looking and PO is too red looking. I would love a more fruit orange colored saber(kind of in-between FO and PO.)
4. Leather wraps: These would add to the grip and look great.
5. Mariss Brood style hilt.
More Impossible changes
Black bladed lightsabers and inquisitor style spinning saberstaff.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #3905 on: January 23, 2016, 07:13:36 AM »

You could always order adegan silver and experiment with the colour discs. I saw a great youtube video where someone did that and came up with some really nice looking colours using up to three disc combos.

Not keen on the color disks dimming the blade brightness, plus having to change them out.

Not all of us can afford Emerald. But other new colors would be cool though. Indigo would be an interesting new color for sure though too. I'd still like to see more of a crimson shade of red rather than the one we already have. Bane's Heart isn't really crimson though but more magenta if anything am I right?

I really want Indigo, I love that color.  A new shade of red would be pretty awesome too.  I also like the idea of leather wraps for hilts similar to what one of "the other guys" do.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3906 on: January 23, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »

3, A true orange: In my opinion, FO is too yellow looking and PO is too red looking. I would love a more fruit orange colored saber(kind of in-between FO and PO.)

I read a lot of different opinion about Pyrestone Orange; some say it's too red while others think it's too yellow.

I agree that Fire Orange is on the yellow-side of orange (looks the same as freshly squeezed orange juice with pulp). But my PO looks alright as it's more orange than FO but I don't see any hue of red at the blade. The reflection onto surrounding walls in the dark shows more red than the blade it self.

I bet other factors affecting PO include Li-Ion versus AAA and resistor versus buckpuck?

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3907 on: January 23, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I have two soundboard related ones.

1) Have the Obsidian Lite board come in three varieties: Jedi (standard), Sith, and Knight of Ren (unstable). Once you choose, that's it, so choose wisely.

2) Wi-fi connections to both Obsidian and Emerald.  This also has the benefit of reducing handling and therefore wear and tear. If good wifi cards are small enough to fit in my phone, this is plausible.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3908 on: January 23, 2016, 06:38:04 PM »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I have two soundboard related ones.

1) Have the Obsidian Lite board come in three varieties: Jedi (standard), Sith, and Knight of Ren (unstable). Once you choose, that's it, so choose wisely.

2) Wi-fi connections to both Obsidian and Emerald.  This also has the benefit of reducing handling and therefore wear and tear. If good wifi cards are small enough to fit in my phone, this is plausible.

No need to apologise Justicar.

In answer to question 1 - Lord Ravage and I had similar ideas. He emailed Emory and got the following response:

"...Right now every Lite soundboard that is manufactured has the default Obsidian soundfont uploaded and this cannot be changed.  We are also currently back-ordered several thousand sabers requiring Lite soundboards.  Down the line, once we are able to get ahead of this overwhelming demand, we will consider manufacturing two versions of the Lite soundboard and keeping two version in stock.  Right now we can’t keep anything in stock and we just need to focus on getting these back-orders fulfilled..."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3909 on: January 24, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »

Its because Ultra Sabers is awesome like that to everyone =] I would love to see other finished blade size options though like 34 inch or whatever. Love that blade size

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

ShadowTheULF
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

"Who said you could remove that helmet?"

« Reply #3910 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »

Staggered ignition for crossguard sabers

B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #3911 on: January 24, 2016, 08:29:04 PM »

The Wifi Idea is awesome! That would save alot of hassle with changing soundfonts!

As for my personal idea, I'd love staggered ignition for the cross-guard sabers as well, that's the only thing keeping me from buying a cross-guard saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3912 on: January 28, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »

How about a twin to the Archon like back in the pvc days? Say a Nemesis re-issue but with the thick neck design and such? But differemt design than the Archon. Just an idea. I really liked the design of the Nemesis too so

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3913 on: January 28, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »

Wouldn't the modern version of the Nemesis be the Prophecy?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Wil Pathen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -44

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3914 on: January 29, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »

the ability to acknowledge a backorder on any saber that isn't in stock.

Hah!! I guess they do read this thread. Wink

Owned:
Bellicose - Emerald - Obsidian V4
Manticore CE Obsidian V4 - SRD
Phantom v4 Staff w/Li-ions - Tri BR
Dark Apprentice V2 w/NBv3 sound - CG
Graflex SE - AB
Dark Apprentice V4 Staff - BR
Standard Issue V3 Staff - Tri AS
Initiate V2 - AS

Grab Bag - Dark Liberator V3 - VA
Grab Bag - Dark Apprentice V3 - CG