Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489449 times)
ThirteenthBrother
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #4290 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:56 AM »

The ability to purchase individual halves of the black or silver adjustable couplers. They make great pommels acoustically speaking. Also it'd be fun to be able to order them mixed then by selecting one half of each if you wanted that aesthetic.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #4291 on: June 03, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »

There's one thing actually preventing me to purchase saber parts from US even if I'd like to.
It's the postage cost scheme.
I'm in the UK and I accept the generally higher cost of postage but what makes me hesitate is the following.

Last time I put a spare blade into my basket but retracted it immediately when I saw that increasing the whole postage cost like I ordered a full saber.
Same with a coupler.
US is great in packing a lot of things in one long box but for FedEx it only seems to matter how many separate titles there are in the same box rather than how many boxes they deliver.
Three sabers in one order have the same postage cost like one saber and two extra blades or two blades and one coupler.
Although every added title in the same order comes cheaper to post but still the postage of a single blade costs more than what I pay for the blade, even a coupler can cost as much as a full saber.
And still all in one box.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a more "user friendly" postage scheme as I don't really want to make FedEx rich but US who really provides the added value.
I would have been happy to order extra blades every time (there was plenty of space in the same box for them) but it would easily triple the postage cost which would technically multiple the price I had to pay for the blades or other tiny and literally weightless parts.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4292 on: June 07, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »

^ I agree . . . this actually prevents me from ordering bits and pieces I want from US as well.  Just can't justify paying full shipping on an MLS, emitter or spare blades.  I've taken to the "other guys" for extra parts partly because of superior shipping costs on small sized items.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4293 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »

^ I agree . . . this actually prevents me from ordering bits and pieces I want from US as well.  Just can't justify paying full shipping on an MLS, emitter or spare blades.  I've taken to the "other guys" for extra parts partly because of superior shipping costs on small sized items.

Order them with a saber purchase, or save up and order enough parts to justify the postage. Or tack them onto a return shop order. Like when I had a Covertec added to my friend's son's saber. I had them add 2 circle plugs (1 for each of us) and a clip for him and a coupler to use as a neck for my Archon. BAM!.

But I wouldn't think parts would cost as much as a full saber to ship. Blades might, but that has more to do with the oddly shaped long parcels.

I used to run into a similar shipping dilemma when I mail ordered model kits. Sometimes I would find a deal on price, but then be expected to pay more for shipping than the item cost. Bollucks to that. Timing is everything.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4294 on: June 09, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »

Reverse Sound setups, where the speaker is near the emitter and there are sound holes near the emitter.  The tricky part is hiding the sound holes: you can do it by adding shrouds, but I think only the Guardian has one.  For something like the Apprentice, the sound holes would be in the recessed part of the ribs, and a partial shroud covers the holes while still letting sound escape.  I'm not sure how to aesthetically blend/hide sound holes on, say, a War Glaive.

But if US could figure it out, all that, in conjunction with optionally shorter hilts, would make for my dream staff setup.  E.g., a War Glaive, minus the claws, reverse sound, and the hilt is 1" shorter.  Now the sound isn't in the center, but is biased toward each end; also, there isn't an obvious sound hole (via the vented coupler).  Then I have a staff whose total length is comparable to a double Menace and I start screaming "shut up and take my money".  Smiley

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #4295 on: June 09, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »

What I want most of all is for Ultra Sabers to try and fix the *Rattling LED* problem. I cant even move my saber without the LED rattling around inside. This shouldn't be a problem to fix.

TuFnGood4U
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #4296 on: June 09, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »

I would like to see a crossguard saber with a size that is closer to the one in TFA, I get that it would not be that small due to the items that need to be put in but they are monstrous. Also a ignition of the top blade, then the two sizes after.   

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #4297 on: June 09, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »

What I want most of all is for Ultra Sabers to try and fix the *Rattling LED* problem. I cant even move my saber without the LED rattling around inside. This shouldn't be a problem to fix.
Put an o-ring in there around the LED and then use a c-clip to lock it down. Wink

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4298 on: June 09, 2016, 07:44:49 PM »

What hilt?

Put an o-ring in there around the LED and then use a c-clip to lock it down. Wink

This isn't a bad idea. Or even just a small thing rubber band. Just enough to keep the metal LED housing for hitting the hilt metal.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #4299 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »

Time to Bang on my Drum again,
 US Genie this is the wish
Ahsoka Tano Hilt
Ahsoka Tano Saber by bulvoy, on Flickr

prophecy's in a V4 version, for emerald would be Kickin too Grin

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4300 on: June 10, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

Time to Bang on my Drum again,
 US Genie this is the wish
Ahsoka Tano Hilt
Ahsoka Tano Saber by bulvoy, on Flickr

prophecy's in a V4 version, for emerald would be Kickin too Grin

Again, rumor has it that this is in the skunk works.

Sig by For Tyeth

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4301 on: June 10, 2016, 09:44:02 PM »

Reverse Sound setups, where the speaker is near the emitter and there are sound holes near the emitter.  The tricky part is hiding the sound holes: you can do it by adding shrouds, but I think only the Guardian has one.  For something like the Apprentice, the sound holes would be in the recessed part of the ribs, and a partial shroud covers the holes while still letting sound escape.  I'm not sure how to aesthetically blend/hide sound holes on, say, a War Glaive.

But if US could figure it out, all that, in conjunction with optionally shorter hilts, would make for my dream staff setup.  E.g., a War Glaive, minus the claws, reverse sound, and the hilt is 1" shorter.  Now the sound isn't in the center, but is biased toward each end; also, there isn't an obvious sound hole (via the vented coupler).  Then I have a staff whose total length is comparable to a double Menace and I start screaming "shut up and take my money".  Smiley

As I was thinking more about this: in addition to Reverse Sound, a saber that's primarily designed as a staff weapon would (IMO) have the activation buttons in the middle.

So going back to the War Glaive model: when the two are screwed together, the smooth section & the button should be the middle, with the ridges near the emitters.  The big advantage?  Hold the staff exactly in the middle, and the activation button should fall right under your thumb!  So now you can do the twirl-your-staff trick with one blade illuminated, and then hold it out in front of you ala Darth Maul, and if you're holding it out with your left hand, get the right blade to light up.  And with a Reverse Sound setup, it'd clearly be coming from that end of the staff, too.

Not to mention when you're then fighting with it, the buttons are safely nowhere-close to where your hands will be.

The downside, of course, is that as a single saber, it'd look upside-down.  But personally, I'm okay with that.  If you really did want a single saber, swap out the second hilt for a yari pike extension, and then it'd look like a normal, long-handled single-blade saber.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #4302 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:09 AM »

DEEP RED! A Deep Red LED would be a great option for US to add for those picky saber enthusiasts (like myself) that aren't fans of the orange tinge of blazing red sabers. Deep Red is an available color for LED manufacturers, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. The good thing about deep red is that it's like a sith/blood red, no orange tinge at all (especially on camera). The downside is a bit of a loss in brightness, not nothing massive
Think about it!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

ukyavuz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -63

« Reply #4303 on: June 14, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »

more classic hilts like the omen (by the pwoer of ultrasaber comes to mind Tongue)

More clawed hilt design becuase you cant have enough claws on a hilt Tongue

colored couplers for making colored double staff similarly colored yari pike extensions (i have this interesting idea with menace but not having a good matching coupler kinda makes it hard.)

a string to make it easier to pull battery pack (this is especially serious problem in my flamberge v2)

eventually emerald setting for side blades of relic and/or flamberge (seriously just having silver+rgb disks kills the reason to get these hilt with an emerald which i regretted doing)

My sabers:

Dark War Glaive (emerald obsidian 40 inch ultraedge heavy grade blade)
The mliace (large claws and black/silver square pommel emerald obsidian 40 inch ultraedge heavy grade blade)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4304 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:33 PM »

more classic hilts like the omen (by the pwoer of ultrasaber comes to mind Tongue)

More clawed hilt design becuase you cant have enough claws on a hilt Tongue

colored couplers for making colored double staff similarly colored yari pike extensions (i have this interesting idea with menace but not having a good matching coupler kinda makes it hard.)

a string to make it easier to pull battery pack (this is especially serious problem in my flamberge v2)

eventually emerald setting for side blades of relic and/or flamberge (seriously just having silver+rgb disks kills the reason to get these hilt with an emerald which i regretted doing)
I like these.  Especially the battery pull one.  There aren't too many people who wouldn't I'd imagine.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: