Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1490284 times)
MaestroZee
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #5040 on: March 28, 2017, 02:52:46 AM »

OK. having purchased three obsidian sabers for myself, being awarded two stunt initiates, purchasing two obsidian lite sabers for friends, and purchasing one grab bag for a friend, here is my list of wants from ultrasabers. Obviously I don't know the saber/prop industry so some of these may not be viable/useful ideas.

-Make a flash-based program where you can build your own saber with mhs parts. I saw this on an other guys' store and having the ability to see what your saber will look like all customized really helps and may serve to sell parts that people may sometimes overlook.

-make recharge ports an option on obsidian lite sabers. Maybe there's a technical reason why this isn't possible but a lot of DIY builds I've looked at online have recharge ports, no matter whose sound card they throw in there.

-Make more of the mhs parts available on the parts section. I understand that this may not be feasible due to supply/logistical concerns.

-Finish options on sabers. I know this would drastically slow the rate at which sabers can be produced and shipped out, but perhaps have a few weathered/powder-coated/whatever else options for the more popular hilts.

-Sell gloves. I guarantee people will spend the $15-20 on gloves that look the same as paintball gloves except they say ultrasabers on them.

-Patches. It's walking advertisement.

-Sell carrying cases/foam. Companies exist solely to do this for tabletop gaming miniatures and the principle would be the same. If it's good enough to put plastic sci-fi models in and good enough to put guns in, it should serve well to put sabers in.

-Offer install services on other guys' hilts/custom built hilts. So what if they bought the hilt from someone else, if they have your electronics installed in it there's a higher chance they will come to you for their next saber.

-Offer distribution possibilities for comic/board game stores. Obviously you'd want to keep the higher-end items as a direct-exclusive, but for the casual nerd the entry drug could be the stunt or obsidian lite they purchased from their local comic shop. Then they come to you for the fancy stuff. You'd obviously have to sell to the store for cheaper so that they could sell your products at the same price you do (distribution/wholesale price vs. retail) but half of the window shoppers would buy a little something from the comic shop, or just go onto your website and end up ordering from you online in the first place.

Idk...those are just my thoughts; I'm sure they have been mentioned before.

Saber Armory - In order of purchase
Dark Prophecy V3 (BR) Obsidian V4
Dark Prophecy V3 (AV) Obsidian V4
Dark Initiate V2 (GB) Stunt
Dark Initiate LE V4 (FO) Stunt
(Other Guys) Sinister Prophecy (MG) Champion Crimson
Electrum Wind (BH) Obsidian V4

MaestroZee
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #5041 on: March 28, 2017, 02:53:19 AM »

OK. having purchased three obsidian sabers for myself, being awarded two stunt initiates, purchasing two obsidian lite sabers for friends, and purchasing one grab bag for a friend, here is my list of wants from ultrasabers. Obviously I don't know the saber/prop industry so some of these may not be viable/useful ideas.

-Make a flash-based program where you can build your own saber with mhs parts. I saw this on an other guys' store and having the ability to see what your saber will look like all customized really helps and may serve to sell parts that people may sometimes overlook.

-make recharge ports an option on obsidian lite sabers. Maybe there's a technical reason why this isn't possible but a lot of DIY builds I've looked at online have recharge ports, no matter whose sound card they throw in there.

-Make more of the mhs parts available on the parts section. I understand that this may not be feasible due to supply/logistical concerns.

-Finish options on sabers. I know this would drastically slow the rate at which sabers can be produced and shipped out, but perhaps have a few weathered/powder-coated/whatever else options for the more popular hilts.

-Sell gloves. I guarantee people will spend the $15-20 on gloves that look the same as paintball gloves except they say ultrasabers on them.

-Sell carrying cases/foam. Companies exist solely to do this for tabletop gaming miniatures and the principle would be the same. If it's good enough to put plastic sci-fi models in and good enough to put guns in, it should serve well to put sabers in.

-Offer install services on other guys' hilts/custom built hilts. So what if they bought the hilt from someone else, if they have your electronics installed in it there's a higher chance they will come to you for their next saber.

-Offer distribution possibilities for comic/board game stores. Obviously you'd want to keep the higher-end items as a direct-exclusive, but for the casual nerd the entry drug could be the stunt or obsidian lite they purchased from their local comic shop. Then they come to you for the fancy stuff. You'd obviously have to sell to the store for cheaper so that they could sell your products at the same price you do (distribution/wholesale price vs. retail) but half of the window shoppers would buy a little something from the comic shop, or just go onto your website and end up ordering from you online in the first place.

Saber Armory - In order of purchase
Dark Prophecy V3 (BR) Obsidian V4
Dark Prophecy V3 (AV) Obsidian V4
Dark Initiate V2 (GB) Stunt
Dark Initiate LE V4 (FO) Stunt
(Other Guys) Sinister Prophecy (MG) Champion Crimson
Electrum Wind (BH) Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5042 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »

1.) Already been suggested. I have my suspicions that this is in the works and probably due to come online in 2017.

2.) Recharge ports are for Li-ion batteries. Obs Lite runs on standard AAAs, and the one US furnish with sabers are alkaline and not rechargeable at all.

3.) Again, already been heavily suggested. Lack of listing does not mean you can't special order. Simply email them at info@ultrasabers.com and they can hook you up with a price and order method for just about anything. I've ordered a Scorpion claw and HP Manticore pommel w/ nickel finish with that method.

4.) Powder coating, despite its vast color options, produces an inferior finish (IMO), and raises machining problems. Anodizing can be done after complete machining and won't muck up threads. However, I feel you on wanting a wider color palette. I've wanted more metal finishes like brass and copper. The big downside to anodizing or powder coating, is that you have to run them in batches in order to make it cost effective. US limits coloring to what they believe will sell in the long run. If enough buzz came in for one specific color, it might be added to the line up.

5.) I think they stay away from gloves because they are "highly advised" for another guy's sabers due to inferior machine quality resulting in dangerously sharp edges. Angry But most duelists know where to go to get sparring equipment.

7.) The only carry apparatus needed is called a belt clip. Tongue Functional and stylish.

8.) Asked about this once as well. Different smiths use different size "guts" depending on what their metal will accommodate. Hence why sound won't fit in any V2 hilts, and V3s can't do sound and Emerald.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5043 on: March 28, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »

Azure/Crimson option for future Dominix, Aeon, Sentinel sabers please? Smiley

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5044 on: March 28, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »

Azure/Crimson option for future Dominix, Aeon, Sentinel sabers please? Smiley
I think those could work for very well for the V-series.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5045 on: March 28, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »

I think those could work for very well for the V-series.
Agreed.  Perhaps include the Apprentice/Initiates as well...

Also, why is there no azure Scorpion?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5046 on: March 28, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »

V-Series? Explain Tongue also I don't ever remember seeing an Azure Scorpion when all the other Azures were brought out now that you mention it o_o Anyway, I've never heard of a V-Series of sabers coming out. Are they gonna be more detailed a bit or something?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #5047 on: March 28, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »

V2, V3, V4... thats what Logos means.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5048 on: March 28, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »

I don't ever remember seeing an Azure Scorpion when all the other Azures were brought out now that you mention it o_o

Exactly.

Why not??!!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« Reply #5049 on: March 28, 2017, 06:10:02 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would love Archon V3 with the activation box like in ROTJ. That's the only thing stopping me from buying that saber. Though I have plenty of other sabers I would like to buy so I'm not too worried about it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5050 on: March 28, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »

Agreed.  Perhaps include the Apprentice/Initiates as well...

Also, why is there no azure Scorpion?
V-Series? Explain Tongue also I don't ever remember seeing an Azure Scorpion when all the other Azures were brought out now that you mention it o_o Anyway, I've never heard of a V-Series of sabers coming out. Are they gonna be more detailed a bit or something?

This exactly vvv
V2, V3, V4... thats what Logos means.

Though I have plenty of other sabers I would like to buy so I'm not too worried about it.
Tee hee hee Roll Eyes Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5051 on: March 28, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

Cool. I think I might hold off on a saber buy then and see what the V5's will look like Smiley Very interested now and hopefully we'll get some details and a sneak peak here soon. Still don't mind my simpler sabers so Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5052 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:25 PM »

Cool. I think I might hold off on a saber buy then and see what the V5's will look like Smiley Very interested now and hopefully we'll get some details and a sneak peak here soon. Still don't mind my simpler sabers so Tongue
How long you planning to wait? ô¿o

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5053 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »

If I get too desperate I'll just buy me a new red saber right away Tongue They probably wont be out until later in the year anyway. I do miss my red blade though for sure

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5054 on: March 29, 2017, 02:17:05 AM »

Azure scorpion or azure dominix v4 le would be awesome.  I wish they still had this azure standard issue saber:

http://i.imgur.com/6eGxY.jpg

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: