Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489343 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5250 on: June 22, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »

I've got fairly big hands, and the 9" length of the Initiates isn't a problem. With a premium pommel, you might get an extra 1.5". But the Aeon V3 doesn't have the same feel despite its similarities. I have an unlisted Ini V4, but haven't yet compared it to my Aeon V4. But I find the Aeon V4 to be more comfortable than the V3.

I use my Ini V3 as my summertime punk dissuader. It's CG so fairly bright even through a HGUE blade. And the HG blade ensures that I can effectively bust heads, should the need arise.

ah yes, the beat down from a "toy saber" would be comical in a police report.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5251 on: June 22, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »

ah yes, the beat down from a "toy saber" would be comical in a police report.
IKR. Is anybody really going to admit that they got their ass thrashed by a nerd with a lightsaber?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5252 on: June 22, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »

IKR. Is anybody really going to admit that they got their ass thrashed by a nerd with a lightsaber?

would the police BELIEVE it if they did? lol

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5253 on: June 22, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »

would the police BELIEVE it if they did? lol
Even better. I sense field sobriety tests being issued.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light side points please!

« Reply #5254 on: June 22, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

I've got fairly big hands, and the 9" length of the Initiates isn't a problem. With a premium pommel, you might get an extra 1.5". But the Aeon V3 doesn't have the same feel despite its similarities. I have an unlisted Ini V4, but haven't yet compared it to my Aeon V4. But I find the Aeon V4 to be more comfortable than the V3.

I use my Ini V3 as my summertime punk dissuader. It's CG so fairly bright even through a HGUE blade. And the HG blade ensures that I can effectively bust heads, should the need arise.

Great info! Thank you! What blade length do you use with your Initiate V3?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5255 on: June 22, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »

Great info! Thank you! What blade length do you use with your Initiate V3?
Depends on what the purpose is.

Youngling training -> 24"
Dual wielding/staffing -> 32"
Single blade -> 36"

Sig by For Tyeth

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5256 on: June 22, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »

Depends on what the purpose is.

Youngling training -> 24"
Dual wielding/staffing -> 32"
Single blade -> 36"

Okay cool

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #5257 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:22 PM »

I have a Dark Initiate V3 in Consular Green, and its probably my favorite saber that i own. I got it with a Dark Catalyst pommel and a heavy grade blade I had them cut to 28 inches so i could wield it effectively in one hand, and it's incredibly well balanced and the choke points are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend it. I've never used a V3 Aeon/Dominix, but i did get a Dominix V4 and was surprised by how light it is. Although it is disappointing that despite their looks, the V4 line don't have decent choke points. I hope theres a little more attention to practicality when and if they make a V5 line in the future

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5258 on: June 22, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »

I have a Dark Initiate V3 in Consular Green, and its probably my favorite saber that i own. I got it with a Dark Catalyst pommel and a heavy grade blade I had them cut to 28 inches so i could wield it effectively in one hand, and it's incredibly well balanced and the choke points are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend it. I've never used a V3 Aeon/Dominix, but i did get a Dominix V4 and was surprised by how light it is. Although it is disappointing that despite their looks, the V4 line don't have decent choke points. I hope theres a little more attention to practicality when and if they make a V5 line in the future
There you go, Dano. Two glowing recommendations for the Ini V3.

As for the V4s, their chokes are not severe, which makes them more universally comfortable along their length. As for blade length, I say use what works with your physical frame. My arms are 21" from wrist to arm pit, so 32s work well for me in dual wielding.

Sig by For Tyeth

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5259 on: June 22, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

Awesome! thank you guys! If I can scrounge some funds together I might even try and order the Initiate in the next week or so!  Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5260 on: June 22, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »

Yeah the V3 is amazing, I have a Dominix V3 LE in Blazing Red and it feels amazing especially for spinning and stuff, also have an Aeon V3 though too in Guardian Blue, same feeling. I highly recommend either though a Dominix V3 LE would look good in Guardian Blue and with a Consular pommel to give the overall looks extra character and then a black covertech wheel in the rear =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5261 on: June 22, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »

Awesome! thank you guys! If I can scrounge some funds together I might even try and order the Initiate in the next week or so!  Grin
I don't think you'll regret it. Do you spring for sound?

Sig by For Tyeth

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5262 on: June 23, 2017, 01:27:56 AM »

I don't think you'll regret it. Do you spring for sound?

Usually I do, but I might get a stunt of the initiate as a "try it out for cheaper" option. Then if i love it, ill get another with more bells and whistles. If that happens then i wouldn't mind having 2 because i could use the stunt as a more bang around saber.

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #5263 on: June 23, 2017, 02:16:22 AM »

I would definitely recommend upgrading the pommel to get a tiny bit extra weight and balance on the Initiate unless youve got another one already lying around. IMO it both feels lacking and looks almost comically short with the stock pommel, and itll add some character as well. Nothing wrong with the minimalist design of the V3 hilt itself, but for me the Catalyst pommel on mine is the icing on the cake

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5264 on: June 23, 2017, 02:31:07 AM »

I would definitely recommend upgrading the pommel to get a tiny bit extra weight and balance on the Initiate unless youve got another one already lying around. IMO it both feels lacking and looks almost comically short with the stock pommel, and itll add some character as well. Nothing wrong with the minimalist design of the V3 hilt itself, but for me the Catalyst pommel on mine is the icing on the cake

Thats great to hear, because I actually have an extra Catalyst pommel that i got a while back for my Aeon V4 that I could swap to the Initiate!

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: