Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1490138 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5415 on: September 22, 2017, 05:12:15 AM »

tri colors with foc would be tricky once you think of artic blue and VA

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #5416 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:23 PM »

Please give the option to have instant off on your obsidian and diamond boards. The 3 second hold to power off time is keeping me from buying.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5417 on: September 23, 2017, 03:24:56 AM »

Please give the option to have instant off on your obsidian and diamond boards. The 3 second hold to power off time is keeping me from buying.
They've set that up, because they use the 'instant' touch to trigger the clash/lockup sound and effect

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #5418 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31:12 AM »

They've set that up, because they use the 'instant' touch to trigger the clash/lockup sound and effect

Yeah I just learned about that. If their programming is open source it would be an easy change, I think. If not, then my suggestion is to offer an option in their software to change it. I would gladly give up lock up for an instant off ability.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5419 on: September 23, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »

I know I have said it before and I know others have and will agree with me. I would like more Ultrasabers merch.

- hoodies/sweatshirts
- caps/hats
- patches
- more tees, different color tees

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5420 on: September 23, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »

tri colors with foc would be tricky once you think of arctic blue and VA

Tri-AB is a B/B/G led right?
the single color Tricree is mainly just a way to have multiple diodes for one color, since things like AB and VA and SY already use multiple diodes they don't have as much to gain from a Tricree setup. I'd take G/rB/W with flash for a designated AB saber any day. Just my preference. In a designated dRed build I did, I actually used dR/dR/G for various shades of yellow/amber/orange FoC with a very strong "bi-cree" if you will, red.

(PS Deep Red is still awesome, get on that US!)

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5421 on: September 23, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »

(PS Deep Red is still awesome, get on that US!)

I second this, Deep Red as a color option.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5422 on: September 24, 2017, 09:42:53 PM »

Anyone else want an adjustable non-vented coupler for those stunt staff enthusiasts?

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5423 on: September 25, 2017, 12:07:12 AM »

Anyone else want an adjustable non-vented coupler for those stunt staff enthusiasts?

I've suggested that before too! And QR. Would be a great extra option to have.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5424 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:22 AM »

I've suggested that before too! And QR. Would be a great extra option to have.
Happy I am not alone.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5425 on: September 25, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »

If the saber was "instant off" you would wouldn't get the shut-down noise. Also, if they had "instant off" you'd risk looking ridiculous in a duel when you accidently bump the switch and turn your saber off. Roll Eyes

If you want instant off, I recommend stunt sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5426 on: September 25, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »

I don't know if this is doable at all as I know absolutely nothing about how soundboards and processing work, but here it goes.

As most of us probably know, the sound effect of the lightsaber moving around was made by moving a microphone around a speaker that had the hum playing in a loop. I'm not sure about the more subtle effects of the pitch changes and such, but I imagine even the slightest movement of a saber would cause a shift. There are some effects that sound like the base part of the hum stays the same but the higher part of it gets shifted too. That may be due to sound mixing though.

So it would be cool if the soundboard could change the pitch and intensity of the hum based on how hard/fast the saber is moved, which would somewhat eliminate the need for a bunch of separate swing sounds. Maybe just pitch it a bit when a slight movement was detected, then default back to the separate swing sounds when a more aggressive swing was detected. It would make the sabers seem a bit more realistic.

On another note, they should probably vibrate slightly too, unless that would cause problems with too much stuff being crammed into a hilt or compromise the integrity of the blade.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5427 on: September 25, 2017, 09:23:07 PM »

I don't know if this is doable at all as I know absolutely nothing about how soundboards and processing work, but here it goes.

As most of us probably know, the sound effect of the lightsaber moving around was made by moving a microphone around a speaker that had the hum playing in a loop. I'm not sure about the more subtle effects of the pitch changes and such, but I imagine even the slightest movement of a saber would cause a shift. There are some effects that sound like the base part of the hum stays the same but the higher part of it gets shifted too. That may be due to sound mixing though.

So it would be cool if the soundboard could change the pitch and intensity of the hum based on how hard/fast the saber is moved, which would somewhat eliminate the need for a bunch of separate swing sounds. Maybe just pitch it a bit when a slight movement was detected, then default back to the separate swing sounds when a more aggressive swing was detected. It would make the sabers seem a bit more realistic.

On another note, they should probably vibrate slightly too, unless that would cause problems with too much stuff being crammed into a hilt or compromise the integrity of the blade.
All the soundboards do is playback prerecorded sound fonts. For effects like 'hum' and 'saber lock' the sound bite is effectively looped continuously. Sorry dude.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5428 on: September 25, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »

Someone else makes that. And it behaves exactly like what you would expect from a 12" vibrating phalic-esque rod  Shocked

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5429 on: September 25, 2017, 09:39:45 PM »

All the soundboards do is playback prerecorded sound fonts. For effects like 'hum' and 'saber lock' the sound bite is effectively looped continuously. Sorry dude.

Oh, I know it isn't possible with the current board. It'd just be something neat to consider if there's going to be some future version of the board at some point.

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: