Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489241 times)
Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6045 on: May 15, 2018, 07:01:32 AM »

Hey, I got a wacky idea. How about a chassis to protect the paper thin plastic of the battery packs. Or possibly just better wiring. Or maybe being able to buy 2 identical sabers with the exact same specs, and have the volume be the same on both? I'm probably just being overly picky about what I spend over $300 on. Don't mind me I'm just poor. Tongue

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6046 on: May 16, 2018, 02:15:37 AM »

Hey, I got a wacky idea. How about a chassis to protect the paper thin plastic of the battery packs. Or possibly just better wiring. Or maybe being able to buy 2 identical sabers with the exact same specs, and have the volume be the same on both? I'm probably just being overly picky about what I spend over $300 on. Don't mind me I'm just poor. Tongue
I understand the poor thing, believe me.
Are the battery packs, and wiring really that bad?

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6047 on: May 16, 2018, 02:33:50 AM »

I understand the poor thing, believe me.
Are the battery packs, and wiring that bad?

I'm no electronics expert, and I can't pull it out far enough to tell whats wrong. I don't mean to speak ill of there craftsmanship. I think I just have bad luck. But the battery packs are paper thin in my opinion. I think they could be sturdier. Again I'm not an engineer, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem to make them out of something thicker or tougher, or to make a chassis for the whole thing. Either way, it does not work and needs to be sent back for repair again. I hope they get it right this time. I have faith that they will. At least the customer service provided by Marlena is extra friendly and helpful.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6048 on: May 18, 2018, 02:46:27 AM »

I'm no electronics expert, and I can't pull it out far enough to tell whats wrong. I don't mean to speak ill of there craftsmanship. I think I just have bad luck. But the battery packs are paper thin in my opinion. I think they could be sturdier. Again I'm not an engineer, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem to make them out of something thicker or tougher, or to make a chassis for the whole thing. Either way, it does not work and needs to be sent back for repair again. I hope they get it right this time. I have faith that they will. At least the customer service provided by Marlena is extra friendly and helpful.
What if the battery packs were more like that of a flashlight.  For example, an aluminum tube the batteries were fitted in, with contacts at the top and bottom.
Or, a solid plastic holder, that the batteries could be slotted into, and secured from the bottom by a screw.  This type of holder could be made to fit the one inch interior dimention of the saber, almost guaranteeing it wouldn't move around.  In this case, the speaker could be permanently fitted into the end of the battery pack, or rather slotted into the end of the pack, offering more protection to the speaker as well.
There are options here that don't require a chassis to be built. 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6049 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »

Going to take my son's Dark Sentinel in for repair at the US booth at the upcoming con for a broken battery pack issue.  Luckily still under warranty but yeah I feel ya guys about upgrading the battery holders.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6050 on: May 18, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »

same. one of my guys here had to do the same.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6051 on: May 19, 2018, 12:57:40 AM »

(this is in response to the battery holders posts)

All this goes towards dependability/durability vs cost. The battery holders are off-the-shelf, mass produced variety, for the stunt AAA holder and non-sound equipped lite sabers. Bulk price for 1000 pcs. 2-AA battery holders is about 30 cents per. About the same price for AAA holders. Guess where they're manufactured...................

Is the quality the best? No. Do they generally work? Yes. Where they specifically made for use in lightsabers? Not on your life. They're typically made for anything from clock radios, mass produced toys for kids, etc.

Now, my rant aside.......... I adore the lightsabers UltraSabers makes. They're affordable, the build quality is generally very good, plus they have designs I like and don't make me feel afraid to use them in practice or duels. I've priced sabers from other vendors and for comparable options, the price would be more and the build time much longer.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6052 on: May 19, 2018, 01:08:34 AM »

Now, ignoring my above post, what I would like to see UltraSabers consider is a plug and play style hilt system. The MHS is a good start, but could be much more than it is now.

You know how the (I'm going to say it, don't lamb-baste me) DISNEY lightsabers are. Removable blades, non-wired removable battery packs, Rigid LED housing and sound board in hilt. I would like to see something like that. I know US does not have the ability at the moment, nor the manpower or money to throw at a monumental change this would be. I'm not even sure US has more than 100 people in their production line, so this would be a pipe dream at best.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6053 on: May 19, 2018, 03:39:48 AM »

(this is in response to the battery holders posts)
All this goes towards dependability/durability vs cost. The battery holders are off-the-shelf, mass produced variety, for the stunt AAA holder and non-sound equipped lite sabers. Bulk price for 1000 pcs. 2-AA battery holders is about 30 cents per. About the same price for AAA holders. Guess where they're manufactured...................
Is the quality the best? No. Do they generally work? Yes. Where they specifically made for use in lightsabers? Not on your life. They're typically made for anything from clock radios, mass produced toys for kids, etc.
Now, my rant aside.......... I adore the lightsabers UltraSabers makes. They're affordable, the build quality is generally very good, plus they have designs I like and don't make me feel afraid to use them in practice or duels. I've priced sabers from other vendors and for comparable options, the price would be more and the build time much longer.
What about the battery holders for sabers with V4, and Diamond, are they made from a stronger plastic?
Now, ignoring my above post, what I would like to see UltraSabers consider is a plug and play style hilt system. The MHS is a good start, but could be much more than it is now.
You know how the (I'm going to say it, don't lamb-baste me) DISNEY lightsabers are. Removable blades, non-wired removable battery packs, Rigid LED housing and sound board in hilt. I would like to see something like that. I know US does not have the ability at the moment, nor the manpower or money to throw at a monumental change this would be. I'm not even sure US has more than 100 people in their production line, so this would be a pipe dream at best.
Battery packs without wires would definately fix a lot of the issues people are having with the wired ones.
Of course I would love to see US adopt a lot of the internal designs from the Master Replicas, Disney, and even Hasbro FX saber lines.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #6054 on: May 19, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »

keep in mind the Disney parks ones are not as durable as US sabers are....or Disney parks would be using Disney parks sabers for their Star Wars characters instead of US hilts.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6055 on: May 20, 2018, 03:38:29 AM »

keep in mind the Disney parks ones are not as durable as US sabers are....or Disney parks would be using Disney parks sabers for their Star Wars characters instead of US hilts.  Grin
Is this true, do the Star Wars characters at the Disney parks use the US hilts?
If so that is incredible. 

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #6056 on: May 20, 2018, 07:10:00 AM »

Is this true, do the Star Wars characters at the Disney parks use the US hilts?
If so that is incredible. 

yep. look at the Jedi Academy experience, they even hand the kids US hilts....sure you can find YouTube vids out there.

who's scruffy looking?

naeblis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #6057 on: May 20, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »

This may have already been mentioned...I haven't red through all the posts....but would love to see a Kanan Jarrus inspired hilt.  One that separates would be excellent. 

Sabers: Dark Prophecy v3 - Diamond                         Wishlist:   Dark Omen
            Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Butcher - Emerald / Obsidian v
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Grand Master - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #6058 on: May 24, 2018, 02:47:21 AM »

Honestly, all I want is a new saber, preferably a new design.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6059 on: May 24, 2018, 03:45:07 AM »

Honestly, all I want is a new saber, preferably a new design.

I'll second this, but to be even more specific I would like to see a few more "budget" sabers added to the lineup. Like an Apprentice V5 and an Initiate V5.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: