Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472672 times)
jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can

« Reply #6525 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »

Hello! I love your products and I use them a LOT. I am an engineer and have a few suggestions:

1) have a pull string attached to the Lithium Ion Battery Packs so they are easier to pull out to load
2) give the batteries a little more wire! if you take them more than an inch out of the saber you risk damaging the wiring because they are so short.
3) the LED rattles in almost every sable i've held unless it was just pushed down. Add an o ring or some padding there.
4) make the top parts of sabers interchangeable just like the pommels are. People would buy more of your cheaper sabers if they could swap out emitters, shrouds, etc.
5) Make your blades threaded. I have a Bellicose with a blade holder and I had to machine additional holes for retention screws to avoid a rattle during vigorous sparring matches (i'm in a group that competes with them at fencing schools).
6) your basic sound board is a $100+ upgrade, and yet the saber does not have a mute button? I would have spent 100 bucks to make mine have basic sound, but i don't like that i don't have a Volume Control or Mute. A 3 hour long flow or sparring session will make you get really annoyed with sound fx, trust me.
7) Sell customization parts and kits such as leather to wrap the hilts in.
Cool the covertech wheel is too big and gets in the way of my grip. How about an option to have a clip on the bottom of certain pommels? The old school original graflex sabers used in the movies had a clip like that and it doesn't get in the way of my 2 handed grip.
9) whoever you buy your caps from, ask them to make them more transparent and machined to be more even! Every blade i've bought, the tip is slightly off center to one side and is also a much denser look so it stands out like a sore thumb. Props for making them threaded recently, though!
10) Offer DAYBLADES
11) There are some INSANELY well made blade plugs out there. Your selection is pretty basic.

That's my wishlist

The Saber Legion - Ohio Chapter
Bellicose Stunt

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6526 on: September 25, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »

Valid points there jbvance.  Out of experience, I just start tackling most of the list myself when I receive a new saber but most of mine are empties or stunts.

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6527 on: September 25, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »

Out of experience, I just start tackling most of the list myself when I receive a new saber but most of mine are empties or stunts.

Point to you, Infinit01. I have to say that one of the things I have loved most over the last 9 months since I started this hobby has been unlocking the possibilities of my lightsabers and imagination of what could be done with them. I know you've been to my thread where I've remade the Arbiter I received in a Mystery Box. I have to say that has been one of the best parts of this hobby for me, ideas, learning.... improvising, adapting, overcoming.

So here's my argument, JBVance3:
1) I'll admit, this isn't a bad idea.
2) Since I'm in the middle of a sound install myself, I'm going to say this - in a lot of these sabers, there just is not the room to have much "extra wire". 
3) Good point. I've actually used o-rings myself to stabilize, center, and keep the the LED module from rattling. It's not a hard DIY fix, but it'd be nice if they did do this for those who are not comfortable doing it themselves.
4) About half of Ultrasabers catalog is made up of MHS compatible sabers already. Emitters, main bodies, pommels. These can be mixed with each other for some cool builds. They also combine well with the MHS parts parts sold on other sites so there is lot room for customization with the MHS hilts. And as I've recently found out, if you email nicely, you can even get some parts that don't show up in the parts section of the site. I'm actually gearing up to ask about some more. Smiley
5) Not sure I have much to comment on this. Haven't really experienced that issue myself when sparring. I imagine though that it would require not only threading the blades, but then every emitter in the catalog - both MHS and the basic sabers. That wouldn't make good business sense to have to re-build everything for a blade design change.
6) For what it is, I'd say the only thing about the Obsidian Lite is that it's overpriced. I would love to see the prices of the Obsidian Lite, V3, V4 and the Diamond boards come down, but who wouldn't. If they eliminated the Emerald and brought the Diamond down, it'd be great. But it's not my business to run. - That said - the V4 features multiple sound banks that you can adjust the volume in the Launcher, and even leave a bank "disabled' for a mute selection. Diamonds do have on board volume control.
7) Sure.
Cool Covertech or D-Ring, right? I DIY'd the D-Ring on my Graflex with little to no effort. It's be nice, and some of the sabers do have the D-Ring - the Spectre comes to mind. And the Archon v3.1, but I would request a larger triangle ring for those. The one that came on mine was too small to be functional.
9) I've used blades from a few sources. I'll take Ultrasabers blades over the "other guys" in Oregon any day. I think that dense look you're referring to is caused by the reflective disk, and in my opinion it makes the whole blade look brighter instead of just letting the light shine straight through like the "other guys".
10) YES.
11) I'll agree, it'd be nice to see a larger variety of blade plugs.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

jbvance3
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can

« Reply #6528 on: September 25, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »

Point to you, Infinit01. I have to say that one of the things I have loved most over the last 9 months since I started this hobby has been unlocking the possibilities of my lightsabers and imagination of what could be done with them. I know you've been to my thread where I've remade the Arbiter I received in a Mystery Box. I have to say that has been one of the best parts of this hobby for me, ideas, learning.... improvising, adapting, overcoming.

So here's my argument, JBVance3:
1) I'll admit, this isn't a bad idea.
2) Since I'm in the middle of a sound install myself, I'm going to say this - in a lot of these sabers, there just is not the room to have much "extra wire". 
3) Good point. I've actually used o-rings myself to stabilize, center, and keep the the LED module from rattling. It's not a hard DIY fix, but it'd be nice if they did do this for those who are not comfortable doing it themselves.
4) About half of Ultrasabers catalog is made up of MHS compatible sabers already. Emitters, main bodies, pommels. These can be mixed with each other for some cool builds. They also combine well with the MHS parts parts sold on other sites so there is lot room for customization with the MHS hilts. And as I've recently found out, if you email nicely, you can even get some parts that don't show up in the parts section of the site. I'm actually gearing up to ask about some more. Smiley
5) Not sure I have much to comment on this. Haven't really experienced that issue myself when sparring. I imagine though that it would require not only threading the blades, but then every emitter in the catalog - both MHS and the basic sabers. That wouldn't make good business sense to have to re-build everything for a blade design change.
6) For what it is, I'd say the only thing about the Obsidian Lite is that it's overpriced. I would love to see the prices of the Obsidian Lite, V3, V4 and the Diamond boards come down, but who wouldn't. If they eliminated the Emerald and brought the Diamond down, it'd be great. But it's not my business to run. - That said - the V4 features multiple sound banks that you can adjust the volume in the Launcher, and even leave a bank "disabled' for a mute selection. Diamonds do have on board volume control.
7) Sure.
Cool Covertech or D-Ring, right? I DIY'd the D-Ring on my Graflex with little to no effort. It's be nice, and some of the sabers do have the D-Ring - the Spectre comes to mind. And the Archon v3.1, but I would request a larger triangle ring for those. The one that came on mine was too small to be functional.
9) I've used blades from a few sources. I'll take Ultrasabers blades over the "other guys" in Oregon any day. I think that dense look you're referring to is caused by the reflective disk, and in my opinion it makes the whole blade look brighter instead of just letting the light shine straight through like the "other guys".
10) YES.
11) I'll agree, it'd be nice to see a larger variety of blade plugs.

all good additions. I'm doing a DIY for most of these gripes and i'll post my results soon.
I gave you a lightside point.

The Saber Legion - Ohio Chapter
Bellicose Stunt

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6529 on: September 25, 2018, 03:38:45 PM »

I have to post this again.
There are only two sabers I want to see next. 
The first one is an Obi-Wan Kenobi inspired hilt from ROTS without an activation box or d-ring.  Kind of like the Archon V2.1.
The second one is an Anakin Skywalker inspired hilt from AOTC, this one I would like to see with an activation box.
Don't tell me that the Prophecy is Anakin's first  hilt, because you are wrong, it isn't close enough for my liking.

I would love to see an Obi-Wan EP III/IV myself, so much so I took matters into my own hands with an Arbiter's grenade extension and pommel, an Archon v3.1, and some MHS parts from another site. It's almost completed - so I expect US to launch one any day now.
- But i gotta say this - it just would not look right without an activation box of some sort. The rectangular boxes used on the Emperor's Hand and Spectre are pretty low profile and would look good. Same goes for the activation boxes on the Graflex/Chosen One, they'd work too.

I feel the same about the Anakin AOTC/Prophecy. It'd be nice if they had one a little more accurate, but it would not be a far jump to start with the Prophecy and DIY it the rest of the way.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6530 on: September 25, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »

6) your basic sound board is a $100+ upgrade, and yet the saber does not have a mute button? I would have spent 100 bucks to make mine have basic sound, but i don't like that i don't have a Volume Control or Mute. A 3 hour long flow or sparring session will make you get really annoyed with sound fx, trust me.
For a scant $110 you can get a mute function. The V4 boards are totally worth it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6531 on: September 25, 2018, 07:37:37 PM »

I'd like to see some all gold anodized sabers. A gold menace would be an absolute BEAST.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6532 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »

I'd like to see some all gold anodized sabers. A gold menace would be an absolute BEAST.

I like the way you think

I say get rid of the old single Seoul P4 LEDs and use the XP-E2s like the Tri-CREEs which are much brighter and efficient.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6533 on: September 25, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »

The options for some of the Emerald and Diamond Colors for Basic and Premium set up. Is that not a fair wish my Masters?!
I only say this because those inferior Saber makers offer more default colors, so naturally we should offer more then them on our basic and premium set ups, for we are Ultra Sabers!!!  Cool
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:46:43 AM by Drahcir » Logged

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6534 on: September 26, 2018, 12:15:38 AM »

I only say this because those inferior Saber offer more default colors, so naturally we should offer more then them on our basic and premium set ups, for we are Ultra Sabers!!!  Cool

Just a friendly reminder, Kazuto. We call them the other guys instead of by name but I agree with you. I say make the forum colors available or other colors for a nice variety.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:47:00 AM by Drahcir » Logged

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6535 on: September 26, 2018, 01:15:12 AM »

Just a friendly reminder, Kazuto. We call them the other guys instead of by name but I agree with you. I say make the forum colors available or other colors for a nice variety.
Thank you for that information. But yeah maybe a yellow for basic or premium sound, or a darker red because in pictures and videos the red looks kind of on the faint side, where I expect a much dark closer to blood red from a red blade. I guess I just feel all default emerald colors should be available, since like the main perk of emerald and diamond is limitless color, so for those not spending that, you can at least give us max limits.

Saber Collection:

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6536 on: September 26, 2018, 01:26:40 AM »

Thank you for that information. But yeah maybe a yellow for basic or premium sound, or a darker red because in pictures and videos the red looks kind of on the faint side, where I expect a much dark closer to blood red from a red blade. I guess I just feel all default emerald colors should be available, since like the main perk of emerald and diamond is limitless color, so for those not spending that, you can at least give us max limits.

Agreed, the Sentinel Yellow and a nice Crimson red as previously mentioned by some other members, would be nice.  Neon colors would be cool too

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6537 on: September 26, 2018, 01:46:08 AM »

Kazuto, have you seen the Forum colors thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

By following those instructions you can get all the colors listed for Diamond and Emerald, on a regular saber without those boards.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6538 on: September 26, 2018, 01:50:05 AM »

Kazuto, have you seen the Forum colors thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

By following those instructions you can get all the colors listed for Diamond and Emerald, on a regular saber without those boards.

But couldn't they put that on the ordering list? Make the typical and or lazy buyers life easier.

follow up, can you also request a specific sound font in the comment section of an order as well?

Saber Collection:

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #6539 on: September 26, 2018, 04:54:54 AM »

Ever since I learned of the forum colors I’ve wondered why US doesn’t just have them listed as options.  I mean...just having MORE colors there as an option - I don’t see how that could be a bad thing.  I mean I get that the forum colors are pricier - but we merrily pay it when we want them.  I just don’t get it, but assume there has to be some reason that’s beyond me.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: