Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489186 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6660 on: October 04, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

I remember this from the Luke and Obi-Wan sabers I had in my teens, the boxes kept getting in the way of my grip.

That was the problem I always had with the toy sabers, most of the ones I had were ones with boxes and they always got in the way and they kind of hurt that area between my thumb and index finger.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6661 on: October 04, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »

Bigger hands....     *looks at hands*   Um, nope, not the problem.   ;-)

I'd have to try out a Manticore, but I suspect it goes back to that first saber experience.  I fell in love with the Dominix V3 and every saber I've had since is measured against that yardstick.  :-)
I can't do that. My first experience was a DSI. Absolutely no chokes. Then I went Scorp and then Mantis and so on. My first saber experience with chokes was my Dark Proph.

I know that, I was just being a smart Jedi.According to a description
You know what the Sith did to the smart-Jedi?

Me either, for that matter I don't understand why people want an activation box on the Archon, or the Obi-Wan version of the Archon, they just get in the way.
I remember this from the Luke and Obi-Wan sabers I had in my teens, the boxes kept getting in the way of my grip.
That was the problem I always had with the toy sabers, most of the ones I had were ones with boxes and they always got in the way and they kind of hurt that area between my thumb and index finger.
Also agree. Now the boxes that US use are lower profile, and pretty comfortable to me, as long as they are located in a good location. I can deal with the elevation of a Covertec at the base, but not a box.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6662 on: October 04, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »

Skewered four or five of them on his lightsaber to make a SITH-Kebab!

Regards activation box sabers, maybe it would help to study how Mark Hamill wielded his. He seemed able to wield and fight pretty well with his though obviously not to the spinning standards of Darth Cephalus or Samhain138!

DemonseedElite
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6663 on: October 04, 2018, 05:16:08 PM »

I definitely would like to see more cutouts in the emitters similar to Spectre, but it seems most of the newer ones are going that route.  Second, I'd like to see more cowl design.  There's a lot of "it's a fancy tube milled on a CNC lathe with some knobs and a switch stuck on" looking sabers. I'd like to see more bi-symmetrical styles as opposed to radial-symmetric.  For my first purchase on here, it was a toss-up for me between Fulcrum and Spectre.  I don't know exactly why I chose Spectre in the end, but looking at Fulcrum again, something tells me I'll have another purchase in the near future.  Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6664 on: October 04, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6665 on: October 05, 2018, 02:18:18 AM »

Ive done some spinning and dueling with a ROTJ Luke Saber with an activation box. I can't say it's helpful, but i was able to do little flowers, plum blossoms, behind the back hand passes, aerials. I could do pretty much every thing but contact rolls. If I was going to get that style of saber I would want the activation box for accuracy. I don't think it makes wielding that much harder. I usually use one hand though too, so that might make a big difference.     

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6666 on: October 05, 2018, 03:09:43 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking.
Also agree. Now the boxes that US use are lower profile, and pretty comfortable to me, as long as they are located in a good location. I can deal with the elevation of a Covertec at the base, but not a box.
If the box was in an accurate  place on the Archon, which would be in the middle of the hilt, the box would still get in the way.
Nothing, because the Smart Jedi and Blind Jedi are intelligent enough to avoid the Sith. 
Plus no Sith has ever gotten close enough to do anything to me, that is because they all end up destroyed before they get close.
Remember I don't need vision to defeat you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6667 on: October 05, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »

Ive done some spinning and dueling with a ROTJ Luke Saber with an activation box. I can't say it's helpful, but i was able to do little flowers, plum blossoms, behind the back hand passes, aerials. I could do pretty much every thing but contact rolls. If I was going to get that style of saber I would want the activation box for accuracy. I don't think it makes wielding that much harder. I usually use one hand though too, so that might make a big difference.     

If I owned one with an activation box for accuracy, I think I'll just use it for cosplay and light dueling but probably not spinning.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6668 on: October 05, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »

If the box was in an accurate  place on the Archon, which would be in the middle of the hilt, the box would still get in the way.
Sure about that?

If the box lined up with the switch, it would be in the upper 3rd of the body. As the Obi-Luke goes, the box is in the lower-center to bottom 3rd of the hilt.

Now this kind of box I could get behind.

Nothing, because the Smart Jedi and Blind Jedi are intelligent enough to avoid the Sith. 
Plus no Sith has ever gotten close enough to do anything to me, that is because they all end up destroyed before they get close.
Remember I don't need vision to defeat you.
And I don't need to get close to defeat you.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6669 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »

Now this kind of box I could get behind.

I'm not really into that kind of box. If I had to have a box I'd like the ones on the Obi/Luke sabers, closer to the bottom and out of my way so i could grip the top with 2 hands.

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6670 on: October 05, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »

I'm not really into that kind of box. If I had to have a box I'd like the ones on the Obi/Luke sabers, closer to the bottom and out of my way so i could grip the top with 2 hands.
It's only "out of the way" if you have a single handed grip mid-saber. But it's totally in the way of a two-handed grip. For me, it's my kendo training. The power comes from the left hand, at the bottom, and the control comes from the right. It's easier for me to adapt to an obstruction in my right hand than my left, on a saber. Think of it in terms of how you swing a baseball bat: left or right, the power of the swing comes mostly from the hand at the bottom.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6671 on: October 05, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »

It's only "out of the way" if you have a single handed grip mid-saber. But it's totally in the way of a two-handed grip. For me, it's my kendo training. The power comes from the left hand, at the bottom, and the control comes from the right. It's easier for me to adapt to an obstruction in my right hand than my left, on a saber. Think of it in terms of how you swing a baseball bat: left or right, the power of the swing comes mostly from the hand at the bottom.

that's a good way of putting it. Thanks man. would give you a point but I did that about 10 minutes ago. POINT IN 50 MINUTES!!

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6672 on: October 05, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »

that's a good way of putting it. Thanks man. would give you a point but I did that about 10 minutes ago. POINT IN 50 MINUTES!!
I try.

I also have a preference to single hand so that my thumb can easily reach the switch.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6673 on: October 05, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

I also have a preference to single hand so that my thumb can easily reach the switch.

Yes, I have always trained two-handed but even when I use my longer hilts I tend to gravitate toward one-handed. what's up with that?

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6674 on: October 05, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »

Yes, I have always trained two-handed but even when I use my longer hilts I tend to gravitate toward one-handed. what's up with that?
Situational adaptiveness. Single hand uses less energy, but when you need to deliver the power, you switch to 2 hands. Study the duel on Cloud City. Vader starts of toying with Luke, using only one hand. 

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: