Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489340 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6930 on: November 15, 2018, 02:40:24 AM »

My take from a spinning stand point is that less grip is key.  It’s harder to spin a saber with leather or o rings which causes your hand to grip.  I have hyper hydrosis and still manage to grip my Sabers and believe me, my hands sweat excessively (I have the rare case of it that’s untreatable).

It’s also how you’re gripoing it as wel from my experience but it works for me. I’ve done it with the Apprentice and I have no issues but everyone is different and I have large hands

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #6931 on: November 15, 2018, 06:22:44 AM »

Here's mine:

I've been looking more closely at the Catalyst recently and I think that choke point might be great for spining. It's been added to my list.

I recommend 32" blades for anyone under 6'2". Unless you like hitting the ground a lot while you spin.

So far I've been doing well enough with my 36" blade (I'm 5'11") but I tend to spin high and only outdoors. I'll be practicing lower spins with a 32" blade at some point though. I'll let people know how I feel with the different sizes.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6932 on: November 15, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »

I've been looking more closely at the Catalyst recently and I think that choke point might be great for spining. It's been added to my list.

It's on my wish list as well and it looks like it'll spin really good to me.  Quite a bit of the members who own it like Karmack vouches for it

So far I've been doing well enough with my 36" blade (I'm 5'11") but I tend to spin high and only outdoors. I'll be practicing lower spins with a 32" blade at some point though. I'll let people know how I feel with the different sizes.

I'm 5'10 and I use the 32" myself; however, to help tighten up my form, I'll use 36" for a day or so and then move back to 32".  Man, the difference between those two sizes really do help out

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6933 on: November 15, 2018, 12:46:43 PM »

The hilt moves around a lot? I'm confused.

The choke point is very smooth and straight, so the hilt can "travel" back and forth in your hand, especially if you're sweating. It may not be an issue for some, but I was never as fond of the forward choke on the Sentinel as I am the ones on the Aeon/Dominix V3 and the emitter on the Aeon/Dominix V4. Again, this is just my opinion.

My take from a spinning stand point is that less grip is key.  It’s harder to spin a saber with leather or o rings which causes your hand to grip.  I have hyper hydrosis and still manage to grip my Sabers and believe me, my hands sweat excessively (I have the rare case of it that’s untreatable).

It’s also how you’re gripoing it as wel from my experience but it works for me. I’ve done it with the Apprentice and I have no issues but everyone is different and I have large hands

The choke on the Apprentice is shorter than on the Sentinel. The issue I have with the Sentinel choke is how long it is. I have big hands but thin fingers.

Preferring or not preferring leather or anything else grippy is a matter of preference. I think we can all agree that Darth Cephalus is a very accomplished spinner, and I know he wraps a lot of his hilts in leather. But, you've gotta go with what works for you.

As I said, I'm not as fond of spinning the Sentinel, I'm sure there are people who are. I like the Aeons better. (though, that should be obvious to everyone Wink )

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6934 on: November 15, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »

As I said, I'm not as fond of spinning the Sentinel, I'm sure there are people who are. I like the Aeons better. (though, that should be obvious to everyone Wink )

I'm kind of in the middle. for a long time, my Sentinel V4 was my go-to for spinning, but my Aeon V3 is very nice as well.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6935 on: November 15, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

I've tried spinning with the Apprentice and it doesn't spin well for me, the Aeon/Nix/Ini are my go to's.  Mainly the Aeon.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6936 on: November 15, 2018, 04:13:47 PM »

I've tried spinning with the Apprentice and it doesn't spin well for me, the Aeon/Nix/Ini are my go to's.  Mainly the Aeon.

I'm not to big a fan of spinning my apprentice, but the Sentinel's top choke point is pretty good if you want to try that one.

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6937 on: November 15, 2018, 04:19:16 PM »

I may try that, DS has mention that it spins pretty good as well

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6938 on: November 15, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »

I may try that, DS has mention that it spins pretty good as well

it is a pretty good spinner but I prefer my Dom V3 (might be because it's brand new and I love all my new sabers) and my Aeon V2 will always be one of my favs.

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6939 on: November 15, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »

Same. My Aeon/Nix line are my go to

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6940 on: November 15, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »

Back on the subject of things we'd like to see, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more SWTOR inspired lightsabers. Specifically, the main one you start with as a Jedi or a Sith Warrior and the one you start with as a Sith Inquisitor would be cool. Unfortunately, trying to find pics of these is like pulling teeth, at least without showing products by other companies.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6941 on: November 15, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »

Back on the subject of things we'd like to see, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more SWTOR inspired lightsabers. Specifically, the main one you start with as a Jedi or a Sith Warrior and the one you start with as a Sith Inquisitor would be cool. Unfortunately, trying to find pics of these is like pulling teeth, at least without showing products by other companies.

I second this request.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6942 on: November 15, 2018, 11:42:48 PM »

I like the Rebels version of the Inquisitor saber

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6943 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:07 AM »

I like the Rebels version of the Inquisitor saber

the single blade version would be nice (like having it when it's a half ring), the full version would be tricky cause the wheel might get in the way.

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6944 on: November 16, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »

After the death of the Grand Inquisitor, Maul shows up in Rebels with this which was the GI's saber that was damaged and knocked over, never thought to be found.  There isn't a story line into how he retrieve it or better yet, I haven't come across this but it's assumed by fans alike.

Also, it was said that Maul took apart his half of his "Menace" staff, the surviving one, and used it to turn this damaged saber into a dual bladed saber once again.

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: