Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489334 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7185 on: January 18, 2019, 04:33:59 PM »

I agree with redundancy, add another retention screw and give out a disclaimer.
Or the one already there could go through the "sleeve" - holding it in place, but also act in the same manner it already does.  Just now, you wouldn't NEED it for just cosplay, photo ops, or display (even some very light, slow spinning).

Yes though - a warning or disclaimer stating to tighten the retention screw for heavy spinning or dueling would be a good plan too.

Anyhow - just a thought I had...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7186 on: January 18, 2019, 04:44:07 PM »

I had thought of a "quick release" blade...

A "sleeve" with vertical grooves or channels (they'd go towards the LED, but then do a 90o) would fit inside the emitter, and hold "pins" on the actual blade. You'd insert, then twist (a twist lock?). It could even be spring loaded...

That would be awesome, but might be difficult to do a combat ready version of. Would require testing to see how it holds up to stress.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7187 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »

That would be awesome, but might be difficult to do a combat ready version of. Would require testing to see how it holds up to stress.
That's just it. You'd have to forego the combat aspect of Ultrasabers in order to employ a quick-install blade.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7188 on: January 20, 2019, 03:54:48 AM »

I got to thinking about the mystery boxes, and thought, hey wouldn't it be cool if there was an option to select what you want for electronics.
For example you could pick a saber with Diamond, Emerald, V4 Sound, Stunt, etc.  Then you could get a saber with the electronics you want, and still have no idea what the saber is going to be.
I think that would make a lot of saber fans happy.

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #7189 on: January 20, 2019, 02:29:39 PM »

I got to thinking about the mystery boxes, and thought, hey wouldn't it be cool if there was an option to select what you want for electronics.
For example you could pick a saber with Diamond, Emerald, V4 Sound, Stunt, etc.  Then you could get a saber with the electronics you want, and still have no idea what the saber is going to be.
I love this idea.,,

I am the other Blind Jedi

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7190 on: January 20, 2019, 02:40:14 PM »

Sort of like a "super grab bag"?  Cool.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7191 on: January 20, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »

Or the one already there could go through the "sleeve" - holding it in place, but also act in the same manner it already does.  Just now, you wouldn't NEED it for just cosplay, photo ops, or display (even some very light, slow spinning).

Yes though - a warning or disclaimer stating to tighten the retention screw for heavy spinning or dueling would be a good plan too.

Anyhow - just a thought I had...

I completely agree with one through the sleeve to hold it in place. I like that idea, this would be ideal for both cosplay, traveling with the saber and even spinning and dueling. 

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7192 on: January 21, 2019, 01:02:17 AM »

A New Hope Graflex: Legend, Empire: Hero please =] To me the current one is more Revenge Of The Sith looking if anything. I'm not brave enough to dremel the emitter for the classic look so x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7193 on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:32 AM »

Three words: recessed AV switches.

These are really nice, and they'll make the issue pointed out by Zren Tobas in this thread a nonissue:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40642.0

Since Ultrasabers is all about options, this can be added along with the existing raised AV switches, because some people like that raised button look.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7194 on: January 21, 2019, 02:05:55 AM »

That too, recessed av switch would be a nice addition to options as well =] I'd then have to send in my Savior for that upgrade though if it ever became available Tongue I was talking more on the different emitter looks for the Graflex saber though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7195 on: January 21, 2019, 04:24:19 AM »

Sort of like a "super grab bag"?  Cool.
That's exactly what I was thinking of.
-1 point for you sir.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7196 on: January 21, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »

That's exactly what I was thinking of.
-1 point for you sir.
Cheesy  Backatcha!

The only trouble I see there, is that not all hilts can accept V3/4 sound, Emerald, or Diamond.  The Prophecy, the V2 sabers...

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7197 on: January 21, 2019, 12:14:03 PM »

These are really nice, and they'll make the issue pointed out by Zren Tobas in this thread a nonissue:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40642.0

Since Ultrasabers is all about options, this can be added along with the existing raised AV switches, because some people like that raised button look.

Agreed, recessed AV switches have my vote as well and as an option. I personally like it better for spinning and wielding alone.  With any switch, you are aware of the location of the switch at all times subconsciously so with a recessed one, you wouldn't have to think or worry about it.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7198 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:05 PM »

Cheesy  Backatcha!

The only trouble I see there, is that not all hilts can accept V3/4 sound, Emerald, or Diamond.  The Prophecy, the V2 sabers...
Is that such a bad thing to have some of the sabers left out of some of the electronics packages. 
Prophecy can take the Diamond driver, so can the V3 sabers.
I would probably be ordering all of my sabers with the Diamond driver anyway, of course there could just be a Diamond Grab Bag or Diamond Mystery Box.
-1 point for you.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7199 on: January 21, 2019, 10:39:31 PM »

YES! Agreed!

I would probably be ordering all of my sabers with the Diamond driver anyway, of course there could just be a Diamond Grab Bag or Diamond Mystery Box.

Oh. I can get behind this. Point.

And now my suggestion:

A paid upgrade for chassis.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: