Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489326 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7440 on: April 04, 2019, 04:24:13 AM »

I like the idea of having the recharge port as standard, it would definitely limit the movement of the internal components.
With this in mind, I'd like to add expanding foam to the inside of the sabers to keep everything from moving around too much.
As for the steel idea, well, I can't really get behind that one, do to the rust issues, and the weight.
I'm still hoping for a build your own saber system, that includes multiple parts.  I think the hilts could be broken down into five sections, creating a larger array of possabilities.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7441 on: April 04, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »

As a man with big hands, US OD has never bothered me. But I would enjoy smaller OD hilts..just my 2 cents.

The "US OD" part got me confused.
My first thought was "Hey, I never was bothered by UltraSabers OverDose either but what does it have to do with big hands?"  Grin Grin Grin

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7442 on: April 04, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »

I like the idea of having the recharge port as standard, it would definitely limit the movement of the internal components.
With this in mind, I'd like to add expanding foam to the inside of the sabers to keep everything from moving around too much.
As for the steel idea, well, I can't really get behind that one, do to the rust issues, and the weight.
I'm still hoping for a build your own saber system, that includes multiple parts.  I think the hilts could be broken down into five sections, creating a larger array of possabilities.
I gotta stand against these. I don't like what the ports do to the grip, due to where they lie. They're not exactly ergonomic. I actually avoided getting one on any of my sabers and am glad because a) the aforementioned grip issues and b) not wanting to leave my batts in circuit, helps them to hold their charge better when not in use.

Also, you didn't read the part that due to the weight and strength ratios between steel and aluminum, you could have smaller and thinner hilts that have all the strength for the same weight. You would never want the exact same component size of what we currently enjoy made out of steel, they'd weigh a ton. For example, a Shock emitter made from steel would probably weigh about a pound, if not more.

The "US OD" part got me confused.
My first thought was "Hey, I never was bothered by UltraSabers OverDose either but what does it have to do with big hands?"  Grin Grin Grin
For those that don't speak engineer, OD = Outer Diameter.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7443 on: April 05, 2019, 06:12:59 PM »

Good point. That would be way to top heavy.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7444 on: April 05, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »

Good point. That would be way to top heavy.
Very. I'm also pretty sure there are measures to prevent a steel saber from rusting.......like don't play in the rain. Don't let the dog chew on it. Not recommended for bath time fun. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7445 on: April 05, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »

So I was thinking about something I read Ultra experimented with back when, about steel sabers. I crossed this with a competitors saber I saw at a con, and began to wonder what kind of designs we could see by introducing this material to the line up. I know steel is 3x heavier than aluminum, so to compensate designs could be smaller and have thinner walls because on the flip side steel is also 3x stronger than aluminum. I feel they could still do the same great job of getting oohs and ahhs from us.

What do y'all think?

The Standard Issue V1 was made out of stainless steel. That's back when most of the hilts were PVC.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7446 on: April 06, 2019, 04:21:40 AM »

I gotta stand against these. I don't like what the ports do to the grip, due to where they lie. They're not exactly ergonomic. I actually avoided getting one on any of my sabers and am glad because a) the aforementioned grip issues and b) not wanting to leave my batts in circuit, helps them to hold their charge better when not in use.
Well, in that case, US just needs a better place for the recharge port, simple fix.
Also, you didn't read the part that due to the weight and strength ratios between steel and aluminum, you could have smaller and thinner hilts that have all the strength for the same weight. You would never want the exact same component size of what we currently enjoy made out of steel, they'd weigh a ton. For example, a Shock emitter made from steel would probably weigh about a pound, if not more.
I did read that and well, I disagree.  Steel is not as easy to work with as aluminum.  Plus it can rust, and if it isn't pure steel it isn't as strong as the aluminum..
You are also aware that most sabers used in SW were approximately 1.25 inches in diameter, where as US sticks somewhere between 1.37 inches and 1.5 inches.
My point is, there isn't much of a difference in diameter between the actual props and what US has made.
If the sabers are still too big for you, you could always get bigger hands.  LOL
I'm also pretty sure there are measures to prevent a steel saber from rusting.......like don't play in the rain. Don't let the dog chew on it. Not recommended for bath time fun. Tongue
This stands true for any saber with electronics.
The Standard Issue V1 was made out of stainless steel. That's back when most of the hilts were PVC.
Honestly I don't think US would ever concider going back to steel sabers, unless there was a really good reason.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7447 on: April 05, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »

My issues with the size are more about the length than width...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7448 on: April 06, 2019, 04:33:51 AM »

My issues with the size are more about the length than width...
Oh, in that case some of the sabers are a little long.  SW sabers on average are about 11 inches long.
US on the other hand is all over the place with its longest saber being 19 inches long.  That in my mind is way too big, but also very intimidating.
So, yes I do agree the sabers could stand to lose a few inches in length here and there.
As far as diameter, well, I'm use to the Hasbro electronic sabers from back in the day, that housed two C style batteries, and well were kind of wide.

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7449 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:09 PM »

I agree, there are a few US sabers that could stand to be shorter - the Guardian comes to mind.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7450 on: April 09, 2019, 01:35:28 AM »

I agree, there are a few US sabers that could stand to be shorter - the Guardian comes to mind.

I keep telling myself this to justify not buying it, but man when those flash sales on it come around... Undecided

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7451 on: April 09, 2019, 01:40:56 AM »

I'm use to the Hasbro electronic sabers from back in the day, that housed two C style batteries, and well were kind of wide.

I still have all of mine !!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7452 on: April 09, 2019, 04:18:12 AM »

That saber should be about the size of the Hasbro Black Series saber.  Have a point.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7453 on: April 09, 2019, 04:21:39 AM »

I keep telling myself this to justify not buying it, but man when those flash sales on it come around... Undecided
To tell you the truth, when the spring 15% off sale, plus free shipping on orders over $250.00 came around.
I almost bought 2 Menace, a Guardian, a Consular, and the Electrum Wind.
All with diamond controllers.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7454 on: April 09, 2019, 04:27:22 AM »

I still have all of mine !!
Me too, even the rare Mace Windu saber, that only came one to a case of fourty.

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: