Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489272 times)
BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #7620 on: May 29, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »

You know how you can pay extra for expedited shipping, right...what if you could pay a little extra for expedited processing.

An extra twenty or fifty bucks to jump the queue a bit, get your saber shipped faster?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7621 on: May 29, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »

You know how you can pay extra for expedited shipping, right...what if you could pay a little extra for expedited processing.

An extra twenty or fifty bucks to jump the queue a bit, get your saber shipped faster?
I hope they DON’T do this, actually, because jumping the queue makes all the people who didn’t pay extra have to wait longer than normal for their sabers. This would create a two-tier system for wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #7622 on: May 29, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »

I hope they DON’T do this, actually, because jumping the queue makes all the people who didn’t pay extra have to wait longer than normal for their sabers. This would create a two-tier system for wait times.

So charge a ton for it. An extra hundred, maybe.
If they want this benefit, make sure they really mean it.

...or maybe I'm just being kinna impatient to get my first saber, curse it all. Wink

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7623 on: May 29, 2019, 09:59:03 PM »

I've never had an order take so long that I feel that would be necessary.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7624 on: May 29, 2019, 10:14:59 PM »

I like that idea of getting expedited, but what if a lot of people pay for being expedited? Then how do you justify the later "expedited" because there are other expedites before them (equalling out to perhaps around what it would have been before)? And then if someone doesn't want to pay for expediting, what is to prevent that person from being continually pushed back to the end? I think it's a nice idea in theory, but in terms of practicality, it would need a lot of workout Sad Comparing lead times to some other places I've ordered from, US is still the fastest, even when backed up (several 4-8 weeks is the "fast" option).

EDIT: This being said, I've been able to get repairs "expedited" before by just contacting CS beforehand and explaining that I needed to know if it was possible to fulfill by a specific date before I sent anything. They happily helped me through the process and I even got my repaired saber back sooner than the expedited promise (and it was very good that I sent it in because it turned out the issue was larger than I had initially thought and they had to replace the whole diamond board).

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #7625 on: May 29, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »

I've never had an order take so long that I feel that would be necessary.

Heh. "Necessary" isn't my reasoning, here.
"Want", on the other hand... Wink

I like that idea of getting expedited, but what if a lot of people pay for being expedited?
Oh, I s'pose.

I'm just really eager to have my first lightsaber, yanno?
Waiting has never been easy for me.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7626 on: May 29, 2019, 10:40:19 PM »

Heh. "Necessary" isn't my reasoning, here.
"Want", on the other hand... Wink
Oh, I s'pose.

I'm just really eager to have my first lightsaber, yanno?
Waiting has never been easy for me.

Haha, fair! We've all been there before. It will come soon Smiley Pics when it does! I can't wait to see

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #7627 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »

Haha, fair! We've all been there before. It will come soon Smiley Pics when it does! I can't wait to see

Someone else said there was flooding in their area, which could cause delays...? Coupled with May the 4th and, well...I'm worried what 'soon' means, now.
Ah, well.

And I ordered a Graflex SE, so pics won't be all that remarkable; we all know what a Graflex hilt looks like.
However, I also ordered a Diamond board (I keep wanting to say 'Diamond chip' for some reason), and I have some interesting ideas for it, so instead, I'll be making a video. Which is probably...you know...better. Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7628 on: May 29, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

Someone else said there was flooding in their area, which could cause delays...? Coupled with May the 4th and, well...I'm worried what 'soon' means, now.
Ah, well.

And I ordered a Graflex SE, so pics won't be all that remarkable.
However, I also ordered a Diamond board (I keep wanting to say 'Diamond chip' for some reason), and I have some interesting ideas for it, so instead, I'll be making a video. Which is probably...you know...better. Smiley

Yeah I saw that. Makes sense. You'll LOVE the diamond! I recommend turning off the gesture effects though unless you program them yourself. The default ones are easy to accidentally trigger when you don't want lol

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #7629 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59:24 PM »

I recommend turning off the gesture effects though unless you program them yourself. The default ones are easy to accidentally trigger when you don't want lol

"Gesture effects"...? Can you be more specific?
I can think of too many things that could mean, and they can't all be right.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7630 on: May 29, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »

Gestures area combination of moves that create different light and sound effects.  Some are built in, but you can program more yourself.  They can be fun but can get annoying.  My wife has a Fulcrum with the Diamond Controler.  She liked the gestures at first but eventually turned them off because they were annoying her. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

BionicDance
Knight Officer

« Reply #7631 on: May 29, 2019, 11:28:15 PM »

So gestures could be anything from swinging to just twitching a little? I'm just curious what range/types of movements can be customized.

EDIT: Oh, hey...I found a PDF instruction manual.
Gestures can be recorded, eh? I thought that might be so. Cool. Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7632 on: May 29, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »

So gestures could be anything from swinging to just twitching a little? I'm just curious what range/types of movements can be customized.

EDIT: Oh, hey...I found a PDF instruction manual.
Gestures can be recorded, eh? I thought that might be so. Cool. Smiley

Yup! You could even use them to practice doing a certain set of moves correctly. Program the "correct" set and then it will do an effect if you complete them successfully

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7633 on: May 29, 2019, 11:50:00 PM »

The built-in ones are more complex or combination of moves.  I don't know about how simple or complex the ones that you can program can be.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7634 on: May 29, 2019, 11:51:32 PM »

Yup! You could even use them to practice doing a certain set of moves correctly. Program the "correct" set and then it will do an effect if you complete them successfully
Or use this process to do what I hope to do when I eventually decide on which hilt I want, which is to record wand movements for certain “Harry Potter” spells, and trigger special sound/light effects for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: