Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489202 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8130 on: February 10, 2020, 06:45:07 PM »

Have three sabers like that now from having to move poorly placed wheels. That's what i like to avoid with actual duelers like Aeons,  Sentinels, and such at least.
I think I see what you're saying. Like I know they were trying something different with the wheel placement on the Menace, but personally it makes far more sense to have it towards the pommel, especially when staffed. Thing about the V-series hilts is YOU spec where the wheel goes, so......how are they poorly placed? Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #8131 on: February 10, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »

They only offer the placement choices in certain places. Near the emitter or near the pommel. Mine fighting pair has then more central to allow for a clear one or two handed grip and to allow me to wear the saber on my belt with 32 inch blades installed at events.

My Scorpion is one I had to move because it comes preinstalled in line with the claw which make the claw rub uncomfortably against the leg when walking.  Having it offset by 90 degrees makes it much better but now i had to plug the extra hole, as you suggest, with a button head screw in this case. No biggy on a display/show saber. In a dueler though its another break in a clean grip line.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #8132 on: February 10, 2020, 07:24:56 PM »

You could use a different type of screw. For example like the ones used to hold the blades in. They’re cheap. I’ve bought a few extra for other things but they will sit flush with the hilt. You can then, depending one the color of your hilt either get it in the same finish as the hilt or paint it to match. At that point it wouldn’t really feel any different in the hand and no one would really be able to see it. Like my grandmother would say a blind man would be happy to see that lol. I mean there’s compromises on everything. They can’t make a product that everyone like without and complaints or desires for change.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8133 on: February 10, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »

But they can refrain from reducing options. I would never suggest that they should drop the option to add a Covertec wheel for those who want it. So why suggest that i should be deprived of the option of a clean smooth hilt where one is currently offered? That is all making everything standardized with a wheel would do. There are work around for everything but that should not eliminate options.

They've  already reduced the options on the V5s. The fact that they only come with the AV switch dissuades so e from wanting it. I order all of my sabers that have the option with the guarded switch. Not because its cheaper but because if offers a customization option the AV does not. On the decorative sabers it doesn't matter as much. On the dueling sabers it makes a significant difference. I undestand why US did it and of course you can't please everyone but an option lost is an opportunity lost.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8134 on: February 10, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »

Oh and forgot to mention the only complaint i have ever heard about the Prophecy is the fact that it comes standard with a Covertec wheel that's either in the way or leaves a hole. And that's from places that spew hate on US just because its US. They all love the Prophecy except the wheel.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8135 on: February 10, 2020, 07:54:17 PM »

The Scorp I can completely understand. But for me, on the rare occasion I 2-hand it, I just adjust my grip to maximize comfort around the Covertec. But for the most part, I single hand it, so having them toward the pommel is more advantageous. But seeing as how I am usually rocking a staff at events, I only use my Covertecs when the blades are out.

Oh and forgot to mention the only complaint i have ever heard about the Prophecy is the fact that it comes standard with a Covertec wheel that's either in the way or leaves a hole. And that's from places that spew hate on US just because its US. They all love the Prophecy except the wheel.
My gripe with the the Proph is that the orientation of the switch in relation to the emitter shroud.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8136 on: February 10, 2020, 10:55:09 PM »

A couple saber ideas I’d like to see.
Maul’s saber from Solo.
A new version of the prophecy, one that is more in line with the saber from attack of the clones.
A new saber for Obi-Wan Kenobi, from revenge of the Sith.
Finally a new version of the consular, With a cut out pattern in the shroud, to closer match the version from the movie.
Oh, almost forgot, a new saber, call it the Princess.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #8137 on: February 10, 2020, 11:06:49 PM »

No, no, no! Call it "The General!"

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8138 on: February 10, 2020, 11:10:08 PM »

The Scorp I can completely understand. But for me, on the rare occasion I 2-hand it, I just adjust my grip to maximize comfort around the Covertec. But for the most part, I single hand it, so having them toward the pommel is more advantageous. But seeing as how I am usually rocking a staff at events, I only use my Covertecs when the blades are out.
My gripe with the the Proph is that the orientation of the switch in relation to the emitter shroud.

Agreed with the switch location. I'd rather they allow the customer to request where the switch would be installed, but I can understand why it's standardized.

For covertec wheel location. I wonder if anyone tried J-B Weld for filling in the holes? If it doesn't work, I know someone who can do aluminum welding/brazing that can do that.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8139 on: February 11, 2020, 03:32:23 AM »

No, no, no! Call it "The General!"

Your name is better than mine, have a point.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #8140 on: February 11, 2020, 12:22:21 PM »

Awww, thanks Blind!  With the new Empress coming out....well, an Empress tops a Princess and that's simply not true in this case! lol  Even my wife is anxiously awaiting this saber!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8141 on: February 11, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »

Awww, thanks Blind!  With the new Empress coming out....well, an Empress tops a Princess and that's simply not true in this case! lol  Even my wife is anxiously awaiting this saber!

I like both of your names, points incoming for both

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8142 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:58 PM »

Agreed with the switch location. I'd rather they allow the customer to request where the switch would be installed, but I can understand why it's standardized.
I understand why they do, though. US doesn't manufacture in house. They farm out the machining to another supplier. That's why V-series sabers come without Covertecs; so they can be customized with a simple drill-tap. The more complex sabers require more machining, so it's just simpler to have the drill-tap as part of the main CNC program. Deviations can cause scrap and scarp costs money.

It does make me wonder (assuming holes are the last thing machined) if the DIY-ers could place special orders to have a hilt without holes, for custom installation.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8143 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »

I think I see what you're saying. Like I know they were trying something different with the wheel placement on the Menace, but personally it makes far more sense to have it towards the pommel, especially when staffed.

Probably because that's where Maul had his.  Even in Rebels his half Saber was worn Emitter up.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8144 on: February 11, 2020, 03:20:20 PM »

I know it won’t happen but I still want a Dark version of Lost Grey and Fulcrum.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: