Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1487174 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8595 on: February 20, 2021, 07:07:23 PM »

I still would love a battle-ready curved hilt saber.  Something like a Mantis without all the frills.  Or think of it like a Dominix/Sentinel with a curved hilt.  The Mantis looks awesome, but it comes with a bulky emitter, a double-layered hilt, and quite an excessive pommel.  You can adjust the emitter and pommel, but there's nothing you can do about the bulky body.  I can't see any reason it needs to be double-layered (aside from aesthetics).

Some of the "bulk" may be to house internal components, or atleast leave room to potentially accommodate them. I mean if you had a hilt that was only a stunt configuration (like a stand alone without making it have space to fit a soundboard or speaker) it might be slimmer. I get what you mean, I love curved hilt lightsabers as a design. And although I really enjoy the Mantis, I get what you mean about not liking the emitter at times or the pommel. In all reality, when I plan to buy one I will get an additional emitter and pommel to trade out. I'll probably have one version with the "stock" setup and another that is my own modification. I would want something like the Darth Bane lightsaber from older EU Legends, or even Dooku but I will go my own route... I do want US to make another design with a curved hilt... but idk how much demand there has been for something like that over the years to justify it. I see people asking often enough, but who really knows. Maybe I'll ask the question some time soon.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #8596 on: February 21, 2021, 08:31:18 PM »

Some of the "bulk" may be to house internal components, or atleast leave room to potentially accommodate them. I mean if you had a hilt that was only a stunt configuration (like a stand alone without making it have space to fit a soundboard or speaker) it might be slimmer. I get what you mean, I love curved hilt lightsabers as a design. And although I really enjoy the Mantis, I get what you mean about not liking the emitter at times or the pommel. In all reality, when I plan to buy one I will get an additional emitter and pommel to trade out. I'll probably have one version with the "stock" setup and another that is my own modification. I would want something like the Darth Bane lightsaber from older EU Legends, or even Dooku but I will go my own route... I do want US to make another design with a curved hilt... but idk how much demand there has been for something like that over the years to justify it. I see people asking often enough, but who really knows. Maybe I'll ask the question some time soon.

It's a double-layer hilt.  There's a second hilt under it.  Take a look at the azure mantis: https://ultrasabers.com/product/azure-mantis/

Note how long the emitter is.  Even without the claws, just with the slats, it's pretty long.  The silver piece between the emitter and the button...that's just an extra layer.  I've removed it from mine. 

Look down past the curve and you'll see silver ridges beneath the blue handle.  This is an extra layer.  If you unscrew the pommel that comes with it, you'll actually see 2 layers there.  Each of those layers is thicker than the walls of my initiate sabers. 

And then the pommel is pretty heavy; but I can't take that off without unablancing the saber, because the front is also very heavy.

If it were one layer, and that layer were roughly as thick as the initiate sabers, then the saber could be made a lot smaller.  They'd just have to make sure it's wires going through the curve and not parts.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8597 on: February 22, 2021, 02:47:34 AM »

There once was a curved Reaper. It wasn't sold in the store, but it was a con exclusive, maybe some popped up in raffle prizes, or something. Needless to say, it was considerably less bulky than the Mantis. It's a shame they never mass produced them. But then, you never know what Ultrasabers has up their sleeves.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27806.0

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #8598 on: February 22, 2021, 04:28:04 AM »

While we're at it...a more bare-bones version of the Dominicide would be great, too.  A one-button double-bladed saber with no frills.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8599 on: February 24, 2021, 06:38:36 AM »

It's a double-layer hilt.  There's a second hilt under it.  Take a look at the azure mantis: https://ultrasabers.com/product/azure-mantis/

Note how long the emitter is.  Even without the claws, just with the slats, it's pretty long.  The silver piece between the emitter and the button...that's just an extra layer.  I've removed it from mine. 

Look down past the curve and you'll see silver ridges beneath the blue handle.  This is an extra layer.  If you unscrew the pommel that comes with it, you'll actually see 2 layers there.  Each of those layers is thicker than the walls of my initiate sabers. 

And then the pommel is pretty heavy; but I can't take that off without unablancing the saber, because the front is also very heavy.

If it were one layer, and that layer were roughly as thick as the initiate sabers, then the saber could be made a lot smaller.  They'd just have to make sure it's wires going through the curve and not parts.

I most definitely did not know this since I don't own one, good to know. Thanks!

There once was a curved Reaper. It wasn't sold in the store, but it was a con exclusive, maybe some popped up in raffle prizes, or something. Needless to say, it was considerably less bulky than the Mantis. It's a shame they never mass produced them. But then, you never know what Ultrasabers has up their sleeves.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27806.0

Ok see that is a thing of beauty as well, and it's simplicity in the photos with the claws removed looks super easy to wield. I get why it even has the hilt length it does, for potential to use a 2 handed grip. Oh I want one badly, that's basically what I was wanting in a variant! Thanks a ton for that.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8600 on: February 24, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »

I don't know why they never mass produced the curved Reaper. It was pretty popular on here a few years back, I think they would have sold well.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8601 on: March 09, 2021, 05:18:08 AM »

What we really need is to complete the Skywalker Lightsabers.
The first one is missing, then we have the Grafflex, then the Archon, the Princess, and the Empress.
Then there is the Kenobi sabers, and so far we only have the Guardian, we need the Guardian V2 to represent his second saber, and the Mentor to represent his third saber.
As for Ahsoka, we have the Fulcrum and Lost Gray for her first sabers, we need the Outsider and Shadow for her second set of sabers.
Hopefully we can see some of these sabers and more in the near future.
And may the force be with you always.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8602 on: March 14, 2021, 08:35:00 PM »

I'd love to see a Dooku's hilt from US. To see how they'd tweak it.
I REALLY hate the curved one they have in their inventory.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #8603 on: March 18, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

i mentioned this in a reply today and made me come back here to say a "no-holes" option for empty hilts would be superb!
also, please bring back/restock the electrum wind  Cry so sad to see it listed but not able to purchase.  Although, i can add it to my cart...

i expect no one with actual decision making powers for UltraSabers checks this thread so i guess this is yelling into the gale.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8604 on: March 18, 2021, 05:33:01 PM »

i expect no one with actual decision making powers for UltraSabers checks this thread so i guess this is yelling into the gale.

Part of me loves the "this is where hope comes to die..." sentiment of these words. Your seeming despair is almost palpable from here.

I'll hold out hope for my curved reaper though, or a different curved design possibly. My craving shall endure...

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8605 on: March 23, 2021, 05:26:13 AM »

The first one is missing, then we have the Grafflex, then the Archon, the Princess, and the Empress.
Then there is the Kenobi sabers, and so far we only have the Guardian, we need the Guardian V2 to represent his second saber, and the Mentor to represent his third saber.
As for Ahsoka, we have the Fulcrum and Lost Gray for her first sabers, we need the Outsider and Shadow for her second set of sabers.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8606 on: March 23, 2021, 06:46:56 AM »

I need to ask. What's the first skywalker missing?
The guardian v2 is too close to the first one for US to bother I think. Considering the slight discrepencies between the screen Guardian V1 and their take on it. Obi wan's final saber is asked by many. But no joy for them so far. (For DarthProdigal's greatest pleasure as he's seen basking in their despair while screaming "More! Give me more of you pain and despair!!")
A US version of Ahsoka's katana like hilts might be interesting. But would they alter the shape of their sabers that much? Not quite sure.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8607 on: March 23, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

I need to ask. What's the first skywalker missing?
The guardian v2 is too close to the first one for US to bother I think. Considering the slight discrepencies between the screen Guardian V1 and their take on it. Obi wan's final saber is asked by many. But no joy for them so far. (For DarthProdigal's greatest pleasure as he's seen basking in their despair while screaming "More! Give me more of you pain and despair!!")
A US version of Ahsoka's katana like hilts might be interesting. But would they alter the shape of their sabers that much? Not quite sure.
I think some minor tweaks to the Guardian could qualify it as a second saber. Like changing the decorative knobs and buttons.
As for the first Skywalker saber, the Prophecy kind of fits in that slot, but we need an update. The Prophecy V2 or something like that.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8608 on: March 23, 2021, 11:45:11 PM »

With the rubber grips added, emitter d-ring, pommel is fine though, maybe have like a leave activation box off or on if you want

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8609 on: March 24, 2021, 01:02:07 AM »

Obi wan's final saber is asked by many. But no joy for them so far. (For DarthProdigal's greatest pleasure as he's seen basking in their despair while screaming "More! Give me more of you pain and despair!!")

"Obiwan pretty preez?"

*endless, unbroken silence.

*Tears drop in background*

No, not at all, it's not even slightly funny. Around the thousandth appeal, I didn't laugh even one bit, I found it so tragic. Tragic in deed.
"Let them eat cake" appears to be the reply... hopefully it won't get that bad before delightful new designs emerge, possibly drawn from these desired possibilities.

Though I also agree "practicality" and "easy of manufacture" may very well dictate to some extent. Even seeming popularity doesn't appear to trump mass producibility and demand projections I'd wager?

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: