Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 243659 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #660 on: January 04, 2017, 08:16:19 PM »

Yeah, me neither. Marvel has always been better IMO. There are some cool things about DC, but not many.

And since this topic is for SW LEGOs, I will say that they are some of my favorite LEGOs to collect. I don't have many right now, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on them either. I think my current favorite set that I own is the Naboo Starfighter.

This was the first LEGO SW set in my house:

I soon had all of the originals

Then came...

And then TPM came out.

All your bricks are belong to us.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2017, 03:20:08 AM »

We couldn't afford Lego when I was a kid. We couldn't afford much of anything when I was a kid. Hence now I'm an adult with a comfortable income, I buy all kinds of toys Tongue Lego collecting is a costly business though sigh.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »

We couldn't afford Lego when I was a kid. We couldn't afford much of anything when I was a kid. Hence now I'm an adult with a comfortable income, I buy all kinds of toys Tongue Lego collecting is a costly business though sigh.
Yeah. I actually only ever got them for Christmas and birthdays, and they weren't terribly big or the "cool sets", but they were always LEGO brand. Then on that fateful day I turned 11, my parents got me "cool sets". I was finally given Space LEGOs. (Blacktron and Ice Planet) That sealed my fate. From there I expanded into other systems. (I really miss the old Pirate sets Cry) I have probably spent 75% (high side) of my lifetime disposable income on LEGOs ever since. Grin Grin Grin Who said obsessed? I'm not obsessed. I can quit whenever I want. I'm just having too much fun.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #663 on: January 14, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »

I have six LEGO dudes standing on a shelf on my desk.

Each time I bump the desk though, one or more fall over.  

I know they make bases for them, but wondered if anyone else had any ideas...

A flat 2x10-12 piece or two?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #664 on: January 14, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »

FYI, that's seven. Smiley

I think the piece you mentioned would work fine. Maybe 2 or 3 of them. I would allow each minifigure about 4 studs across.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #665 on: January 14, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »

I have six LEGO dudes standing on a shelf on my desk.

Each time I bump the desk though, one or more fall over.  

I know they make bases for them, but wondered if anyone else had any ideas...

A flat 2x10-12 piece or two?

I have large sheets for mine in my cabinet.

I would recommend a 4x whatever (or link a few together). a 2x whatever can still fall over when bumped.

EDIT: and I would agree, allow at least 4 studs width for each minifig

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #666 on: January 14, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »

I have large sheets for mine in my cabinet.

I would recommend a 4x whatever (or link a few together). a 2x whatever can still fall over when bumped.

EDIT: and I would agree, allow at least 4 studs width for each minifig
Awesomeness!

Thanks for the advice.  I can see how a wider base would be better. Smiley

FYI, that's seven. Smiley

I think the piece you mentioned would work fine. Maybe 2 or 3 of them. I would allow each minifigure about 4 studs across.
LMAO! So it is. Tongue

Hey, it was early...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Brother of the Force: Neither Jedi nor Sith

« Reply #667 on: March 09, 2017, 03:13:59 AM »

Oh! A lego Star Wars thread! Excellent...

I've been collecting since late 90s. And I still do. Most in large bags in boxes (fully constructed) for lack of display room. Sad

I'd say I own most of the "normal" sets ever made (not the minis, etc). And only 2 of the special ones, including the chrome N1 Naboo Starfighter and my pride-and-joy: Imperial Star Destroyer 10030. That one took me two straight days to put together. And yes, it's as beautiful as a dream. Every few months I go on eBay to see what a used one sells for...
I also have 3 of the Imperial Star Destroyer 75055. Those sitting next to the 10030: looks like an Imperial II class with 3 Victory class destroyers. Quite the fleet display! Long term dreams include gluing all pieces together and hanging them from the ceiling in a room in a far bigger house....but that may be a retirement dream.

The two I like the most is the TIE Interceptor and TIE Defender. Wish I had bought 2 more of each while they were being produced. Something about exotic, beefy TIEs I guess. lol

The next one on my list is Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle.

I've got my Ford, my Springfield, and now my UltraSaber. Life is good.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #668 on: March 09, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »

The next one on my list is Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle.
I saw this and initially thought "This is the dumbest ship design ever." Then I saw the movie and was even more discouraged from buying the set as the wings did not pivot.

Sig by For Tyeth

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #669 on: March 18, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »

I saw this and initially thought "This is the dumbest ship design ever." Then I saw the movie and was even more discouraged from buying the set as the wings did not pivot.
Ummmm....I honestly did not realize the wings didn't move. That IS dumb! You just saved me a purchase, thank you!!!!
Krennic's shuttle it is then. That one has folding wings. Smiley

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #670 on: March 19, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »

There are some folks who have made modifications (relatively simple ones) to the Kylo Ren shuttle, which permit the wings to move properly.

Maybe when I get it, I'll build it in such a modified way.

Krennic's shuttle IS pretty nice.  The new A-wing, aesthetically, is an interesting mix of the previous red and white A-wing and the green and gray one from the Rebels two pack (which included the TIE Advanced x1.  I think the vertical stabilizers/engine assembly are canted a bit too much for an ROTJ era A-wing, but it's a nice kit.  It's a quite different build from either of the previous versions.  Different enough that I'm really looking forward to picking up the new Y-Wing, even if it does end up looking, externally, very much like the older one I have on the shelf.

I'm hoping for new X-wings soon, either from Saw Gererra's small squadron, or depicting Blue Squadron, or maybe both, since they did a regular blue and gray T-70 as well as Poe's black and orange one.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2017, 10:21:26 PM »

I want a U-Wing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #672 on: March 20, 2017, 02:53:56 AM »

I want a U-Wing.

That's my next buy. Apart from that I haven't been too interested. I'm a Rebel not an Imperial, haven't had much want for the Empire ships Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #673 on: March 20, 2017, 03:13:54 AM »

I almost bought a bunch of StarWars Legos at the convention I just attended for $5 a piece. Then after looking at them and pulling them apart realized they were knock offs. 🙁 So I didn't get them.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #674 on: March 20, 2017, 05:28:51 AM »

There are some folks who have made modifications (relatively simple ones) to the Kylo Ren shuttle, which permit the wings to move properly.
I read that, seems simple. But...I've not modified a lego sw set yet, doesn't feel right to do it now. <shrug>

I want a U-Wing.
I was surprised in liking this one more than I thought I would. It looked ugly and blocky on the box but the wings make up for it.

I almost bought a bunch of StarWars Legos at the convention I just attended for $5 a piece. Then after looking at them and pulling them apart realized they were knock offs. 🙁 So I didn't get them.

Knock offs?!?! I might have grabbed a few for $5 each. Just to leave in the box and laugh at.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: