Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 245813 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2018, 06:25:32 PM »

I hate how they did his saber, but I would still love to have the set.

agreed, looks like they got lazy when they designed it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #856 on: August 29, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »

I hate how they did his saber, but I would still love to have the set.
agreed, looks like they got lazy when they designed it.
How else would you do it. The saber hilt piece is 20yo. The mold has proven itself. The only solution is to do a special mold. So instead of the customer paying roughly $.05 for a saber hilt, they would end up paying somewhere in the area of $1.00. I know it's not a lot ion the grand scheme, but for a 1 gram piece of plastic, $1 is a ridiculous amount to pay.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #857 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:54 PM »

Here are some pics of one of my favorite SW ships, the TIE Defender  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2018, 11:47:53 PM »

How else would you do it. The saber hilt piece is 20yo. The mold has proven itself. The only solution is to do a special mold. So instead of the customer paying roughly $.05 for a saber hilt, they would end up paying somewhere in the area of $1.00. I know it's not a lot ion the grand scheme, but for a 1 gram piece of plastic, $1 is a ridiculous amount to pay.

Which I understand. If they did anything, they could probably find some way to do it like they did the the LEGO TFA game. I'm sure there is an adapter out there that could do that kind of thing. Still, just because I understand why they did the saber like that doesn't mean I have to like it. Smiley

You own that? That is awesome. One of my favorite ships as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #859 on: August 30, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »

I think I had the version preceding this.

Which I understand. If they did anything, they could probably find some way to do it like they did the the LEGO TFA game. I'm sure there is an adapter out there that could do that kind of thing. Still, just because I understand why they did the saber like that doesn't mean I have to like it. Smiley
Well, that was poorly executed video game. Tt has always taken liberties with their in-game LEGO designs. And they've gotten worse over the years.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #860 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »

I think I had the version preceding this.
Well, that was poorly executed video game. Tt has always taken liberties with their in-game LEGO designs. And they've gotten worse over the years.

LEGO Star Wars I and II are good though right? I'm about to start TCS.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #861 on: August 30, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »

TCS is amazing. Still one of the funnest LEGO games I've played (LEGO Batman II is almost if not as good, and LEGO LOTR is better).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #862 on: August 30, 2018, 06:39:54 PM »

TCS is the only game I have, and I agree. It's really amazing, and it's fun Cheesy Don't know how many hours I spent to find every little brick and unlock every model, level etc. Just have to finish the last Super Stories and then it's complete Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #863 on: August 30, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »

TCS is both. But yes, from TCS to present, they started sucking when the characters talked.

Sig by For Tyeth

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #864 on: August 30, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

Damn I need to check out Walmart, been wanting that one.

Dutch, that is sick!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #865 on: August 30, 2018, 09:52:29 PM »

Damn I need to check out Walmart, been wanting that one.

Dutch, that is sick!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I never really have extra money, but when I do i check Walmart and Target for clearance items. I've walked out of Target with a $50 set of die-cast star ships and a $50 Darth Vader Black Series Centerpiece for $27 total.

TCS is both. But yes, from TCS to present, they started sucking when the characters talked.

LOL!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2018, 10:14:55 PM »

I never really have extra money, but when I do i check Walmart and Target for clearance items. I've walked out of Target with a $50 set of die-cast star ships and a $50 Darth Vader Black Series Centerpiece for $27 total.
LOL!

Hi Darth Silenoz,

In the UK we have a few "budget" stores called Poundworld and Poundstretcher and over the past year they have had a few batches of "old" Star Wars stock. Mainly Hot Wheels die casts but now and then a few 6inch action figures. Well I took advantage and was able to get a couple of starship four packs for $18 each but the best deals were the twin pack ships and cars, they were $5.21 each. I even got single ship packs for $1.30 a pop.

Lego sets however are still a bit pricey.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #867 on: August 30, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »

Hi Darth Silenoz,

In the UK we have a few "budget" stores called Poundworld and Poundstretcher and over the past year they have had a few batches of "old" Star Wars stock. Mainly Hot Wheels die casts but now and then a few 6inch action figures. Well I took advantage and was able to get a couple of starship four packs for $18 each but the best deals were the twin pack ships and cars, they were $5.21 each. I even got single ship packs for $1.30 a pop.

Lego sets however are still a bit pricey.

Nice! I have 14 die cast Hot Wheels ships. LEGO's don't seem to pop up in clearance much. I saw a Crait speeder on clearance once and it still wasn't cheap. I've got to get a new LEGO set soon. It's like crack. Little blocks of crack!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #868 on: August 30, 2018, 10:57:46 PM »

Nice! I have 14 die cast Hot Wheels ships. LEGO's don't seem to pop up in clearance much. I saw a Crait speeder on clearance once and it still wasn't cheap. I've got to get a new LEGO set soon. It's like crack. Little blocks of crack!

Yeah LEGO seems to hold their value. I did see a Supreme Leader Snoke 6inch Black Series figure in a charity thrift store but it was $24! Then just as I was about to walk out the shop I noticed they had another half dozen of the figures behind the store counter!
I don't mind giving to charity when I can but yikes!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #869 on: September 10, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »

Weekend fun

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: