Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 248619 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:03 AM »

I'll be honest, what annoyed me the most trying to get the stickers on the A-Wing and Z-95 was that none of them actually line up. It's a pain in the arse to get them centered because they don't actually line up with either edge of the brick, or with any kind of marker on the brick. So pretty much all of mine are off center.  Tongue

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »

I'll be honest, what annoyed me the most trying to get the stickers on the A-Wing and Z-95 was that none of them actually line up. It's a pain in the arse to get them centered because they don't actually line up with either edge of the brick, or with any kind of marker on the brick. So pretty much all of mine are off center.  Tongue

I've become quite adept at putting on stickers... they don't cause an actual problem for me anymore, they're just annoying, especially now that they can obviously print everything on (for example - the Striker-Class has no stickers, but still had quite a few very detailed elements).

no

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

I always knew they could print it straight on. My first Star Wars sets were the X-Wing and Snowspeeder, from the first round of sets at the turn of the millennium. EVERYTHING was printed for those. The little pieces with the pipes and rebel starbirds on them for engine detail, the sensor suite on the X-Wing's nose, the one on the snowspeeder's nose, the cockpit canopies... everything. That was one of the two stickers that bugged me the most on the A-Wing. The Canopy. Why the kriff couldn't they print what amounted to FOUR LINES on that thing? Come on!

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2013, 02:58:27 AM »

Stickers on LEGOs are a pain. Why'd they stop printing it on directly, I wonder.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:01 AM »

Stickers on LEGOs are a pain. Why'd they stop printing it on directly, I wonder.

yeah but it is more like normal model kits and the decals

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2013, 05:22:08 AM »

Okay, photos incoming! This covers everything I've gotten in the last couple months except for the Y-Wing and TIE Fighter that renewed this whole fantastic mess. Thanks Ben. Wink  Cheesy

So, lets get started! Behold, the minifigures!  Grin

That's not the whole collection, though it's almost all of it, I couldn't fit everything so I'm using it for at least one each of my Star Wars minifigs, all my other favorites, and a few random other small things that fit in there so they don't get lost.

Now for the Z-95!

Here you can see my retarded engine sticker. I hate stickers.

You can also see the awesome Pong Krell figure, and the new Pilot and 501st Troopers. Its well known I have some major problems with TCW.... but I'll admit there are a few episodes I have really enjoyed, and what I saw of Pong Krell's arch was most interesting.

Aft view with a decent shot of the landing gear, which I rather like. It's simple, but it works better than a lot of the other junky stuff I've got. Fits well visually too.

Beauty shot.

And now on to the A-Wing, the shots all follow pretty much the same pattern as the Z-95, and I gave some side by sides with the previous edition of the model.

And here's the skiff photos...

And now Master Tinn's Delta-7, which will have a comparison shot against the original 2002 Obi-Wan's Delta-7. In short, the sizes are the same, the newer one actually is much smoother, has a wicked escape pod, and better engines and landing gear. The gear is not spectacular to me, but it gets the job done which is more than I can say about the original version. Oh, and it comes with the coolest astromech ever. IT'S GREEN!!!  Cool

And lastly, here's a shot of all the individual minifigs I picked up recently. Most of them are from a Train Show here in Anaheim weekend before last, but one came off ebay a week or two before that. That's the one in the baggie. It's a sealed new in the original pack Rebel Pilot from the 2011 Advent Calendar. Smiley It also shows my only Minikit, the X-Wing. I bought it for the pilot, but I actually really like the planet and minikit too. It's fun spinning the thing on the stand. lol

Okay, okay... Diddy Kong is a Kinects or whatever, but you all know you want a Lego Nintendo. XD The rest are, from left to right, ANH Leia (I THINK from the Tantive I), A Shadow Trooper, A Clone from one of the newest battle packs (I bought him cause of the green-gold markings), Captain Jack Sparrow (savvy?), and Doctor Henry Jones Sr. I needed him to go with the Indy I found in a junk box awhile back. Smiley

Anyways, hope ya'll enjoyed the photos. Hope they prove useful and stimulating to the earlier landing gear and sticker discussions, etc. Also, if anybody wants a straight up review of or has any questions about any of those sets, just holler at me and I'll get one put together for ya. Might take awhile, but I'm happy to do it. Wink

I am not a color...

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »

I have Plo Koon's Delta 7, which almost exactly the same as that one.  It doesn't have the escape pod though, it has a ejection mechanism.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »

Point for the pics, Manny. I've been wanting to see a real pic of the Headhunter. I may have to get one now.

Also, I'm quite liking the series of Jedi starfighters they've been releasing since 2007, but... they still haven't released an Azure Angel Tongue

I guess this will have to do for now: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46057

I have Plo Koon's Delta 7, which almost exactly the same as that one.  It doesn't have the escape pod though, it has a ejection mechanism.

Yep, each fighter in the series has a unique feature/function Smiley

no

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »

Nice Manny! The reason why I hate the stickers is due to the fact that eventually they'll wear off. :/

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »

Nice Manny! The reason why I hate the stickers is due to the fact that eventually they'll wear off. :/

Then you have to buy a new one, but that model will inevitably be discontinued. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »

I hate stickers so much that I will often refuse to use them all together.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

I believe I left all of them off on the Y-Wing. They looked like they were going to be really difficult to get straight on the nacelles.

I am not a color...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »

Soo... had a nifty old box turn up at the office yesterday. Care to see what was in it?

And crammed in there next to it, was this little guy (I already had the figure, and another of the walker, which is good, because the instructions were missing and the two clones that were with this one didn't have heads or helmets. 0_o)

And yes, I magnet bricked the walker to my fridge. Cause that's how I roll.  Cool

I am not a color...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:49 AM »

Soo... had a nifty old box turn up at the office yesterday. Care to see what was in it?

The nostalgia...

Ryan Stormchaser
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

I dig lightside points.

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »

These aren't Star Wars, but I figure this is the audience that could appreciate this kind of art:

My general collection, I've got plenty more locked away in there

My from-scratch Wolfen:

With wings folded into travel mode:

And, from the back:

The Arwing was actually a LOT harder to make, because the frame is so much smaller:

And, wings in travel position:

From the back:

I've got a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff, most of it customized, but I don't have a camera ATM.  I already had these pics up.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: