Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 243647 times)
shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #675 on: March 20, 2017, 05:35:40 AM »

I was surprised in liking this one more than I thought I would. It looked ugly and blocky on the box but the wings make up for it.

I like the overall lines of the top section, the blocky crew/cargo compartment makes a lot of sense when you look at the role they put it to.  I like the side doors, they're very elegantly structured.  I also like how they've got the door guns set up, very cool little detail.  And the trigger plates for the spring shooters are downright artful.  Not quite as subtle as the triggering mechanism of the Rebels green/gray A-Wing, but moreso than the new A-Wing.

All in all, it's a very cool gunship/light transport.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »

I got a Lego knock off. If you wanna have customised mini figs it's a great way to get parts. Plus stormies usually aren't clear, and I couldn't go past getting a clear stormie Tongue

The guys I buy from here actually warn you that they aren't real Lego however Smiley we got a few good sellers locally.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Brother of the Force: Neither Jedi nor Sith

« Reply #677 on: March 22, 2017, 12:59:00 AM »

Clear bucket heads?!?! That's freaking awesome! Pics please  Grin

I've got my Ford, my Springfield, and now my UltraSaber. Life is good.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #678 on: March 22, 2017, 01:00:26 AM »

Clear bucket heads?!?! That's freaking awesome! Pics please  Grin

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #679 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:07 PM »

That is one of the coolest things I have seen today.

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #680 on: March 30, 2017, 04:48:17 AM »

+1
Those are friggin awesome! Thank you Grey Owl, point well earned.

Just bought a dozen on eBay. Seriously: thank you!!!!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »

Cool! Shocked

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »

Got these last night.

I must say the U-Wing was particularly well done. I just wish they had stuck to their usual format and made 6.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #683 on: March 31, 2017, 04:43:37 AM »

I have the new Y-Wing waiting on me to finish the draft historiography I have to turn in by 7 AM.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #684 on: March 31, 2017, 12:20:54 PM »

Hmmm.  I submitted it, and I have an hour or so before anyone else wakes up.  Guess I'm going to build a Y-Wing now.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #685 on: April 02, 2017, 05:10:55 AM »

The new Y-Wing is a good kit.  Several areas of the overall shape have been improved, most notably the forward fuselage, detail is better, and the new bomb mechanism is, IMHO, much better.  The bombs load in via a 1x4 gap in the top of the rear hull, and are kept on a kind of rotary rack formed by three Technic knob wheels on an axle.  At the bottom, they fall, when the rotary is turned, through a 2x4 gap which is narrowed by a 1x2 plate with slide's "slide" portion.  So, unlike the previous Y-Wing, where you just open the bomb door on the bottom and everything in the bay falls out at once (and the bombs would fall out of the top if you turned it over); the new Y-Wing drops one bomb at a time as you turn the wheel at the back, and while the kit comes with two bombs to put on the ground support truck, and two for the bomb rack in the Y-Wing, if you work carefully you can load up the Y-Wing with all four bombs at once on the rotary rack.

I approve of the new Y-Wing, quite heartily.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #686 on: April 03, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

The new Y-Wing is a good kit.  Several areas of the overall shape have been improved, most notably the forward fuselage, detail is better, and the new bomb mechanism is, IMHO, much better.  The bombs load in via a 1x4 gap in the top of the rear hull, and are kept on a kind of rotary rack formed by three Technic knob wheels on an axle.  At the bottom, they fall, when the rotary is turned, through a 2x4 gap which is narrowed by a 1x2 plate with slide's "slide" portion.  So, unlike the previous Y-Wing, where you just open the bomb door on the bottom and everything in the bay falls out at once (and the bombs would fall out of the top if you turned it over); the new Y-Wing drops one bomb at a time as you turn the wheel at the back, and while the kit comes with two bombs to put on the ground support truck, and two for the bomb rack in the Y-Wing, if you work carefully you can load up the Y-Wing with all four bombs at once on the rotary rack.

Oh, you were talking about the full size version, not the Microfighter.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #687 on: April 03, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »

Oh, you were talking about the full size version, not the Microfighter.

I can see how you might have thought that, as my post was directly after yours, where you talked about the new micros.

But I generally don't do the microfighters.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #688 on: April 03, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »

I can see how you might have thought that, as my post was directly after yours, where you talked about the new micros.

But I generally don't do the microfighters.
Unfortunately the micros are the only LSW sets I've had my eyes on. Everything else has either been done/redone....to death, or is DC garbage.

I really wish they would re-release LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga as a collectors edition complete with all the mini-kits that are featured in the game. I would easily pay $100 for that. Grin Grin Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #689 on: April 10, 2017, 03:56:29 AM »

Nice! Thanks for the deployment review. Glad they're getting better.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: