Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Offset saber blades  (Read 1905 times)
hotwheelsdrift
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 09, 2011, 06:16:50 PM »

im new to the saber forum, but i read alot of your reviews before i decided to buy. Thank you all for helping me make my decission. I finally chose to go with a Dark Liberator with a red blade. one thing that stood out in my mind was the fact that i heard some of you point out a common flaw among all sabers. I have a solution.
     The problem i heard was that when tightening the blade retention screw on your ultrasaber, the blade seems to offset itself to one end. This also seems to allow the blade a little wiggle room. The solution is pretty simple. I have worked for a glass company for a little over 6 years now. If you go to a local glass shop, you can ask for a "Mirror Shim." They are clear plastic strips about 1" long and a 1/16" thick. If you get two it will tighten up the blade dramaticly. Place two oppostie the retention screw and you're all set. The good thing is that they are clear, so if you have windows in your emitter, light will still shine through. I will post pics soon so you can see for yourself. Hope this helps some of you. Easy fix and just a few cents to buy or possibly free depending on the glass company. happy dueling. Ricky M.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

Looking forward to you posting pics on this fix because now that I've noticed these kinks I'm starting to fixate on them!

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »

Great tip!

Another option is to go for the Heavy blades (or better yet, heavy UltraEdge), they are a perfect fit and look just as good.  For the angled emitters it might be tough to get those shims to work how you'd like without protruding from the hilt.  Adding another set screw below or above the existing one would get rid of any "wiggle" as well, although the blade still may be slightly offset.

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »

This was something that bothered me also. I put 2 strips of clear packing tape around the bottom of the blade. This worked out really well on my Dark Shock, as the width of the tape was almost exactly the same as the depth that the blade sits in the holder! It looks perfectly straight and centered, with no wobble!  Cool

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: