Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raze's Dark Liberator Review  (Read 1783 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:47 PM »

So last week I placed what I'm planning on being my last US order for a while. I ordered a Dark Liberator and a Grab Bag.

So my thoughts on the Dark Liberator:

First Impression: When I first pulled it out of the box I was surprised. I didn't realize the Liberator was so small. It looked a lot bigger on the US site, more along the lines of a Redemption. This isn't a bad thing though, I'm happy with the size.

The Blade: I ordered the Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade with this one, and I'm hooked. It's the best blade you can get IMO. I was a bit skeptical at first, cause the UE blade made my green Malice a pastelly mint green which I wasn't too fond of and I thought maybe it might affect the red a bit too, but no. This thing is Blazing Sithy Red! and it's awesome! Plus it feels like a WEAPON with this thing.

The Hilt: LOVE IT! The anodizing is beautiful, and the silver grooves are a nice contrast. My favorite part though has to be the emitter, it's what makes the saber IMO. As for the feel of the hilt: SPECTACULAR. It's very comfortable, especially one handed, thanks to the bevel in the middle. My only real nitpick is the blade doesn't sit straight in the emitter. I think this happens with most Ultra Sabers to an extent, but it's a lot more noticeable on the DL than my other two hilts.

The Conclusion: This is a great hilt. If you're thinking about it, get it you won't be disappointed. This will be my main Sith saber and as such I'll get to a little customizing soon so I can make it my own.

On The Wedge Antilles Scale of Awesome, the Dark Liberator gets:

4.75/5

Because I did have one small nitpick.

I'll hopefully get some pics up for you guys soon.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:04:55 PM by Darth Raze » Logged

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: