Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raze's Standard Issue Review  (Read 2500 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:36 PM »

So last week I ordered a grab bag with my Dark Lib. So it came today, a Standard Issue in Violet Amethyst! Score!(I know it's just an Si but come on it's violet amethyst people). I only specified metal hilt and Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade, which was half price since it was with a grabbag, add to that not having to pay an extra five bucks for the purple, I saved $24 versus ordering the same saber via quick ship. I think that's a good deal.

The Blade: As usual the UEHG blade does not disappoint. The Violet Amethyst looks absolutely beautiful with this blade!

The Hilt: Being an Si, there's nothing intricate about the hilt. It's simple and elegant. My favorite part is the slanted emitter. I just LOVE slanted emitters. The grooves in the hilt are also another nice touch. Upon removing it from the familiar long brown box I inspected it to see what made it a grab bag, and the only thing I can find that's grab bag worthy is some just below the switch. They're very fine scratches and can only be seen in the right light up close, so no biggie. This thing is thick and sturdy, and it feels LIKE A SWORD! It's comfortable to hold and overall easy to wield.

The Conclusion: Great hilt. This will likely get quite a bit of use from me. If you want one don't hesitate, you'll be happy with it.

On The Wedge Antilles Scale of Awesome the Si gets:

A full 5/5!

I'll get picks up when I can get a new camera. Mine seems to have gone kaput. Cry

*EDIT*= Just wanted to say, that after a couple days with this saber it has quickly become my favorite. I'll probably get a couple more in different colors and maybe a dark one. Heck I might get an SI staff, too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:01:49 AM by Darth Raze » Logged

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »

5 Red 2's, so that makes it a Red 10! Perfect Score! Cheesy Most excellent, I heartily concur with your wonderful review and would promptly go buy one myself... save that I've already gotten a Grab Bag SI in Guardian back when I bought my Proph. LOL

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:06:44 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that pick is from ROTJ, which means it's five Red Leaders. Tongue

Seriously though, who says you can't have another SI? Thanks for the complementation of my review Wingmate!

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »

As evidenced by the cushion behind his head instead of the window from ANH, but who's countin'? XD Anytime. And yeah, I may yet end up with another SI. IDEALLY, I'd like to get a ROTS Anakin in Arctic, and then another SI in yellow. That'd really have me covered until the custom pair. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:41 AM »

An Si in yellow would be nice. Having this one makes me want to order a Dark Si in red so I can have a Sith version of my Jedi hilt, but sadly my wallet is protesting loudly and aggressively. lol.

(Sig by me!)

Crixus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 04:40:52 AM »

I just got my Dark SI  arctic today it is nice i quite like it... although my arctic blue seems more sun riders destiny ish it has a green hint to it rather than a white blue. But other than that i really like my Dark SI

Dark Standard Issue- Arctic Blue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »

I just got my Dark SI  arctic today it is nice i quite like it... although my arctic blue seems more sun riders destiny ish it has a green hint to it rather than a white blue. But other than that i really like my Dark SI

You should change(or recharge if you use NiMH's) the batteries.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: