Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blaster Pistol Prop [PICS]  (Read 1826 times)
CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« on: August 13, 2012, 03:13:12 AM »

I made this pistol a while ago out of a Nintendo Zapper lightgun (I think I picked it up at a Goodwill store for like 5 bucks).  It was originally for a space pirate costume but then became my go-to sci-fi costume pistol and is now the official side-arm of my Sith character.  It wasn't really created with the Star Wars universe in mind, but I think it fits in pretty well. 

I don't have any WIP pics but I took some beauty shots today to share with the forum.

I made a custom-fit drop-thigh holster with some cardboard covered in leather-look vinyl and some nylon straps.

The Zapper unscrews really easily and I used metallic silver and flat black spray paints on the various pieces (no masking needed).

Some of the silver has worn off the bottom of the trigger and you can see the original orange.

I took apart an LED keychain thingie and just glued it right onto the bottom.

These are some volume knobs I glued on for some added greebles.

I have no idea what the scope is, it's some kinda ceramic conduit...  I dunno, but I added some other random bits to each end.

I didn't want an empty hole in the grip so I filled it with a wrist lanyard.

The conduit thingie whatever it is has little eyelets on it which the screw on the Zapper's barrel sight fit right through!

Thanks for looking, and let me know what you think!   Cheesy

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:38:24 AM »

This is very nice.  Funny how things never end where you originally thought they would isn't it?  Great piece.  I would love to see your Sith Costume some time with it though.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:47:21 AM »

It turned out really nice!

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: