Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: NinjaJesus Presents: My LONG, LONG Overdue Bane Review  (Read 4785 times)
NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »

Hey guys.  NinjaJesus here.  I'm bringing you today my LONG overdue Bane review.  Now, before I start in with the actual video review, I want to go over the specs of the saber:

Blade LED Color: Blazing Red
Blade Option: UltraEdge
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion w/ resistor
Sound: Obsidian w/ Red AV Switch
Flash on Clash: Flash Silver
Quick Disconnect: Yes
Choose Tip Type: Round
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Yes

Keep in mind that I got this saber back in February (I just never got down to reviewing it until now.  Grin).  This is a great saber all around and is great for one or two-handed dueling (depending on how big your hands are).  Overall, I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Now, without further delay, my video review of my Custom Ultra Sabers Bane (fair warning, the video is a little long):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmp3SHWKj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmp3SHWKj8</a>

Enjoy.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

Nice Bane. Probably about one of the best weathering jobs too. =] I get my Bellicose later today so I will do a video review going over the options and such. Might be kind of a long video also. Tongue Its my first Obsidian saber, but my last and personal saber. So I wen't all out on it. That Starkiller font sounds sick by the way.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »

I love the weathering job

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

That's the best weathering job I have seen, nice saber!

dark side points please

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

Really guys? Thank you.  Not bad for my first weathering job.  Grin

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »

BUMP.  Grin

solaris
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »

looks great, really makes me want to weather one.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 12:13:15 AM »

The Video is now private. Can you fix it ninja, or show a new video about taking out the emitter? Thanks!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »

Oops. Sorry about that.  It's fixed now.  Wink

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 70

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »

Sweet! Think I'll weather down my Bellicose. Nice job buddy...

DARK MAL

WHEN THE POWERS OF GOOD OR EVIL ARE IN YOUR PATH, DO NOT GO AROUND THEM MY FRIENDS. STAND FAST..ONLY BY GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WILL EVER LEARN TO MASTER WHO YOU  TRUELY ARE.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 03:47:34 AM »

This is an old review, but thanks, Mal.  Wink

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »

With the emitter are those groves from tightening the screws that keep in the emitter? Also how secure is your emitter with the screw system? I just wonder since not being a traditional MHS saber how well it works.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »

With the red thumb screw and the small screw on the opposite side of the emitter, the emitter overall is pretty secure.  Sometimes it can loosen by itself, due to the force of swinging, but I just screw it back and it stays secure.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48:29 PM »

With the red thumb screw and the small screw on the opposite side of the emitter, the emitter overall is pretty secure.  Sometimes it can loosen by itself, due to the force of swinging, but I just screw it back and it stays secure.

This is actually something that I will address in my own Bane video review that I hope to post within the week or on the weekend.

I really enjoyed your review and I really love the Bane in general, but I have a big problem with the emitter and the overall design, particularly the red thumb screw and how it constantly loosens itself and the other simple screw holding it in that just doesn't feel as secure in my opinion.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »

Glad I did find this. Had to dig through the search.

Thanks NinjaJesus

Cant wait for your review Waxman

There isn't nearly enough info on the Bane on the forums

C=Custom, D=Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: