Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: How to make a black lightsaber blade disscusion  (Read 152164 times)
AA-Battery
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

The light side (points) always wins!

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

I would buy a black blade in a heartbeat. Wouldn't putting a smaller completly black tube inside the blade give it the same effect so that the light travels between the blade and the tube?

Owned: LE phantom V3 CG with/without obsidian

Want: SS Raven BR quick disconnect-(with AB) obsidian red AV
          Yari pike (x3)

The light side (points) always wins!

Darth Trie
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:57:47 AM »

You could always use a tube of window tinting. Just make sure there's room for the light to show.

Let them see what's not there.
And feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses.
That is the time to strike.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:19 PM »

That's what a UV LED is, an LED with the black light effect. Adding blue and red would enhance the purple color and make it brighter but are not necessary.

sry, but i must disagree...... a ultraviolet led would not be red and blue, i know what he means.. i suggested such an idea in a tread a week ago... to get a DEEPER hue then that the red and blue make... but still keeping its "intensity.... again he does not mean the violet amethyst.. but ultraviolet like a black-light in a fish tank, or in a night club....

i just goggled this site looking for ultraviolet led... looks like a match to the ones in US sabers... but i could not find a good picture of any models like this.. so it might be a hit or miss, buy one led in the proper format.. check the US leds and their run stats, then order one from that site, then modify your saber with the new led inside and give it a go.. only way to know
http://th-led.en.alibaba.com/product/610539572-214075392/260nm_UVC_Deep_Ultraviolet_Led.html

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »

That's for an air/water purifier! Whatever color is produced, it's not safe for the eyes! Looks like it would fit perfectly though, and the max voltage is 7-8.5v... the buck puck would like that. Gah, no! This one isn't safe.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Hake Felflame
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

Mad Warlock

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 02:58:00 AM »

The leader of my local saber group is trying to put a UV LED in his saber, and is having to put a 10W LED in it just to get it bright enough to be visible in the blade. Not sure how it's turning out so far.

CG Dominix v3 LE - "Voltai"
VA Phantasm Initiate v3 - "Catlissa"
Saberforge Dark Lord Relic (NB) - "Sloofum"
Saberforge Gladius - "Belgrave"

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 04:24:10 AM »

The leader of my local saber group is trying to put a UV LED in his saber, and is having to put a 10W LED in it just to get it bright enough to be visible in the blade. Not sure how it's turning out so far.

I'm sure it will be a nice radiant dark purple with an aura of purple around it, but I hope it's safe for the eyes! UVC is not safe to look at! He needs a UVA LED for that to work, but I'm sure they exist. The one in the link above was UVC though, so I'd have my reservations about using any of the LEDs on that site. My friend has one on his fish pond filter to kill algae, and it's shrouded to keep people from seeing it.

I have a fluorescent tube black light, and it's not horribly bright to look at, but if your leader pulls it off, everything around him might start glowing. That would definitely be a cool effect!

But again, please be careful with the type of UV you use... it has to be UVA to be safe. UVB causes cancer and so I'm not sure if those are available commercially, and UVC will damage eyesight.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:54 AM »

i didnt exactly look for long when i googled UV led... this will be figured out soon enough im sure..

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

That first youtube video actually does emulate what a real black lightsaber would look like as it is an arc of plasma and not a beam of plasma. 

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:12 PM »

That first youtube video actually does emulate what a real black lightsaber would look like as it is an arc of plasma and not a beam of plasma. 

it only emulates the black blade.. from one point of view.. if imma have a "black blade with another color on the outside.... i would want to use it and be able t see the black and color from any direction i look at it...

this method is good.. but only for a display

a good idea yes.. in the right direction... but not perfection..

as for the link i found for a UV LED... again i didnt know what the voltage/power settings for the US LEDs ... thus, i was at least in the right direction.. lol

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »

What I mean is that a real life, fully functional, black lightsaber would do exactly what that one does because of the nature of arcing plasma throu a magnetic field vs projecting a beam of plasma.  As far as the actual physics are concerned, this is what you'd get becase plasma arcs from positive to negative.  I was just pointing that out is all.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »

@Nahal... no offense meant at all.. just stating my opinion on the ideal look as in the games..  sry if i came off as rude or "forcefull" in my statement of the blade and such.. ^.^ no harm ... carry on

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 64

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 06:21:22 AM »

OK - I was catching up on my 'STAR WARS Clone Wars" episodes and I saw a black blade (with white outline) saber used.  It took the form of a traditional blade.

While an interesting technical idea and a fun 'thought experiment', it just doesn't appeal to me as much of light sabers with, umm, well, light.

None the less - carry on the 'thought experiment' - you never know what might come of it.

Hedgehogs prefer Light-sided points, please.

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »

Idea!

Ok I have an idea and may test this soon, but. How about a Heavy Grade Blade (To give more light along the length)
 and spray paining the whole inside black?

Has anyone tried this method and combination?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Ryan Stormchaser
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

I dig lightside points.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 07:46:33 AM »

how would the light get through the black paint?  It won't travel up through the walls of the blade.  Not to criticize, just to develop the idea.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »

Why cant it go through the blade walls?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: