Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: War Glaive Review  (Read 3069 times)
Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Get it?

« on: March 10, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »

Check it out here: https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt-WarGlaive

I just received my brand new War Glaive in the mail yesterday and i must say it exceeded my expectations in many ways. I will be reviewing the three basic aspects of the saber; the blade, the color, and the hilt. All ratings are based on a 1.0-10.0 scale. (10.0 being the best)
Measurements: It's 15 3/8" from the tip of the claw to the end of the pommel. Body measures 7.5". From the bottom of the claw to the top of the pommel is 10".

The Blade: Ultra Edge Heavy Grade
Overall Score 9.1

Durability: 10.0
In a home test i have hit these heavy grade blades up against the corner of a brick wall multiple times without it even cracking!  I would say that for dueling purposes, these are absolutely the best blade u can get.
Color: 8.2
The Ultra edge series gives the blade a nice full look, even color, and vivid appearance.  The only drawback to these is in direct sunlight they tend to wash out.  You can always fight indoors or around sunset or later.

The Color: Violet Amethyst
Overall score: 10.0
I am greatly pleased with the color i chose for this saber.  When i first lit up the saber i was astonished at how beautiful the color really was. An absolute perfect mixture of red and blue to create a purple i'd only imagined could exist! It's vibrant, luminous, and spectacular. $5 extra? Worth every penny.

War Glaive Hilt
Overall score: 9.8
The design of this hilt is superb. The balance point with a heavy grade blade is just around where the claws are mounted, making it nearly perfect for twirling, wielding in one hand, or two. The choke provides the perfect place for the forward hand to grip during two handed swordplay, or a great pivot point for those classic spins.  The vertical grooves on the rear of the hilt make for an excellent grip and feel natural for your hand to rest across in combat.  The claws, while looking menacing, double as a guard of sorts, keeping your opponents blade from slipping down and crushing your knuckles. (Ouch)  The pommel, though looking a bit bulky on most sabers, fits the design of this piece like a glove, also helping balance the saber out.  The ornamental slats between each claw are a brilliant idea, giving this saber that little extra push to be as realistic as anything they make; and when the blade is removed, the color of your saber shines through the metal of the slats brilliantly like prized jewels. Another addition to this saber is the Quick disconnects providing the use of additional MLS units to change the color of your blade.. I was so excited to test this ability that I've already ordered Sunriders Destiny MLS and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I suppose i could've gone with an RGB addition instead, but i'd rather have separate LEDs attuned to whatever color i wanted that one RGB attuned only one certain way. My only regret is not having sound installed, (only reason for the 9.8 ) which hopefully can be done later. You know i'll probably just get another with sound and a coupler for a double War Glaive! All things considered this is an excellent addition to any display or arsenal of luminous weaponry.

End note: When i took it out of the box it so impressed my neighbors they wanted one too. Smiley
Pictures will soon follow...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:45:56 PM by Jedi Knight Spex » Logged

Family Arsenal
Me:
War Glaive - MLS units: VA, SD
Luke ROTJ conversion - Consular Green
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!
2 of my own builds. (third in the works)

My wife:
Collector's Edition Prophecy - Consular Green
1 custom build in the works (Double bladed, Pink and Purple)

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »

Oh man I'm jealous!!
My pre-ordered RGB hasn't even shipped yet!

Good review. I cant wait for mine!

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Get it?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »

Picture time!
These first few are darkened to show more accurately the color of the blade.

Now for pics of the hilt etc.

Family Arsenal
Me:
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!

My wife:

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

Sweet!  I really want one of these but, unfortunately, I have no money.  You'll have to post a pic of how it looks in SRD when it shows up.

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Get it?

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »

Sweet!  I really want one of these but, unfortunately, I have no money.  You'll have to post a pic of how it looks in SRD when it shows up.
I plan to, plus i'm gonna try to order the other colors when i can and periodically edit the pics post to add new colors.  Still looking forward to Sentinel Yellow Smiley

Family Arsenal
Me:
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!

My wife:

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »

So how long did the hilt measure out to with and without the MHS parts.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »

That's very nice. I'm a big fan of the Violet Amethyst color.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »

I can't wait, mine is scheduled by UPS to arrive tomorrow!  Can't wait to see the red with those claws!!  Will post my review soon. 

Obi Daktari
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 01:39:40 AM »

Wow that's a good looking saber  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: