Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: How to install contact paper onto a ultrasaber  (Read 32831 times)
Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »

I have had several people here ask me about how this is done so here it is.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWA6N53ip5w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWA6N53ip5w</a>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:21:11 AM by Big Andy » Logged

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:43:19 AM »

Another tutorial to add to the collection. Quick clear and simple!  Cool Stickied and point given. I also found another site that sells contact paper in many different types/colors, be sure to Click sample for the cheaper price at check out. http://www.designyourwall.com/store/Self-Adhesive-Shelf-Liner-Contact-paper-c-123.html 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

RogueLieutenant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

Emotion yet peace

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »

Does it give your saber good grip? it looks somewhat slick to me

Accept whatever comes to you woven in the fabric of your destiny. (Light side)

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »

I appreciate the tutorial, I think I may try it out on my overlord.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:04:35 AM »

Nice nice. I'm going to do this to my Aeon V3. Though do you have to make the paper more flush with the grooves? I might get green colored paper.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Do you know if there is like a more darker wood finish? Having some ideas of what to do to my Aeon V3. For any tips check out my post I did of my custom Aeon V3. Has my old TCSS pommel. I'll take any ideas. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »

Better than contact paper 3M dynoc comes in carbon fiber Smiley sexy stuff

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Echo Trval
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »

Do you know if there is like a more darker wood finish? Having some ideas of what to do to my Aeon V3. For any tips check out my post I did of my custom Aeon V3. Has my old TCSS pommel. I'll take any ideas. =]
Menards had a light wood and a dark wood. The dark looks like a mahogany.

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 98

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »

The wraps are no slicker than an aluminum hilt.

Though on my aluminum hilts I like to add grips as I don't spin much.

Liberator, shrouded, igniter R4
Guardian, with manticore emitter (guardicore, rgb igniter r4 )
Battle Saber V3 (VA/nanobiscotte)
Prophecy V3 (AS/ obsidian 2.0)
Dominix V2 (AB)

jasond22
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

Jedi w/ Archon SRD/FOC AS; Prophecy CG; Aeon v3 GB

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »

Does heat/sweat/usage make the paper start to move, exposing any adhesive?

splint3r3d mind
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 01:20:39 AM »

Watched the linked video. In past experiences detailing vehicles and doing window tints i have learned that a clean surface is the best surface. Window tint prewash or an alcohol based cleaner might be a good thing to use on the area you wish to cover. It will remove all of the oils from handling the grip and will make the contact remain for longer. Also to get a closer finish I might use an exacto-knife instead of scissors. The tint wash can be picked up at any auto parts store or even The Home Depot.

Just wanted to chime in after watching him get his hands all over the surface and then tacking on the product.

"Battles that last five minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years." - Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Khaalis
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »

Thats a very good tip, and not just for contact paper, but any "applied" customization like paint, etc.

My Sabers (All customized & Obsidian): Emerald Archon v2.1 (DVA),  Emerald Dark Menace (SY), Emerald Shock LE (BR)

CushionRide
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

The Diet Coke of the Dark Side

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

I Like the tip, just not the medium, the paper he used looks way to...... idk, cheap?  I would have to find something really epic to put on my saber to custom it like that,  maybe the vid wasn't doing the contact paper justice for me.  anyways thx for the tutorial

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »

I Like the tip, just not the medium, the paper he used looks way to...... idk, cheap?  I would have to find something really epic to put on my saber to custom it like that,  maybe the vid wasn't doing the contact paper justice for me.  anyways thx for the tutorial

I used a stainless steel finish contact paper on one of my "Dark" hilts and it came out ok. You can even whether it by rubbing a paper towel over it.

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »

Tutorial very helpful. Point!

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: