• Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bane  (Read 2922 times)
Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 14

« on: August 18, 2012, 03:18:32 AM »

This is my review of the Bane v2 hilt from Ultrasabers.  I have previously done a review on my RGB Bane here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7610.0

As you can see, I've had it custom weathered and added a custom purple A/V switch.  The Ultrasabers Bane is, of course, a bit shorter than the RGB bane, and overall just the right size for a massive sith lightsaber before getting too unwieldy.  It has katana elements, with the long, segmented hilt, and some roman gladius thrown in with the rounded guard.  It works well for Kendo and Iaido style use, and is excellent for spinning.  It comes complete with a covertec for easy display and carry, and of course I always recommend the blade plugs for aesthetic and functional reasons.  It looks cool in the hilt, and it protects your eyes when the blades out.

The saber is based on the Bane saber from the dark horse comics, with a straight hilt instead of the curved hilt described in other media.  Since it is a straight hilt like the comics, I have weathered it to simulate the look from them.  Likewise, Violet Amethyst is the color to complete the "canon Bane" look. 

Video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZZS_Edqj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZZS_Edqj8</a>

Pic:

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v2 blue anodized w/BR (grab bag)
SI v3 AS*
War Glaive Emitter (Dark)
*Obsidian

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:27:35 AM »

Great saber and awesome mods! love all the purple, ESPECIALLY the AV.

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »

Great saber and awesome mods! love all the purple, ESPECIALLY the AV.

Thanks, I was very happy with how the purple switch came out.  I don't typically go for purple, but since I was going for as close to a "canon" Bane as I could get, it seemed appropriate. 

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v3 AS*
*Obsidian

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 04:02:50 AM »

That is AWESOME! I wish I knew how to mod sabers like that.  I'm happy with how mine came out though.  Great job, man.

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 04:12:36 AM »

That is AWESOME! I wish I knew how to mod sabers like that.  I'm happy with how mine came out though.  Great job, man.

Bane is a great hilt, weathered and unweathered.  You can tell I'm a fan because I have this one and an RGB one. 

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v3 AS*
*Obsidian

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

This is my review of the Bane v2 hilt from Ultrasabers.  I have previously done a review on my RGB Bane here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7610.0

As you can see, I've had it custom weathered and added a custom purple A/V switch.  The Ultrasabers Bane is, of course, a bit shorter than the RGB bane, and overall just the right size for a massive sith lightsaber before getting too unwieldy.  It has katana elements, with the long, segmented hilt, and some roman gladius thrown in with the rounded guard.  It works well for Kendo and Iaido style use, and is excellent for spinning.  It comes complete with a covertec for easy display and carry, and of course I always recommend the blade plugs for aesthetic and functional reasons.  It looks cool in the hilt, and it protects your eyes when the blades out.

The saber is based on the Bane saber from the dark horse comics, with a straight hilt instead of the curved hilt described in other media.  Since it is a straight hilt like the comics, I have weathered it to simulate the look from them.  Likewise, Violet Amethyst is the color to complete the "canon Bane" look. 

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZZS_Edqj8#ws

Pic:

I wish we could be offered to have that style switch on our sabers. but im happy with my banne saber. its a fun saber to mod out.  Im doing weathering on my Bane saber now. awsome Bane saber man

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »

hey ninjajesus, I am doing the weathering mod on my bane and I was wanting to know where do you find the black aluminum finish that you used to coat your bane saber with? I have looked in all the gun isles in all local stores, im starting to think that ill on find this at a gun store.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: