Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy with sound  (Read 4588 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« on: March 12, 2011, 01:53:22 AM »

NovaStar asked me to build a saber with sound for a child, so I chose the Prophecy hilt since it would be the easiest to work with and not break the budget restraints we had.  Here's the end product, but please keep in mind, this is a very budget board to control costs.  Critiques about sound quality will be met with swift and callous sarcasm Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDquA_8G-oo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDquA_8G-oo</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:32:07 AM by Ultra » Logged

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »

That's a beautiful saber Ultra, as always.  And the sound isn't too bad; at least it's loud.  My only concern is the activator button not being guarded.  Seems like there could very well be many accidental shutdowns.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:10:20 AM »

That doesn't sound bad actually, especially since it's for a child. Nice work Ultra.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:24:04 AM »

That's a beautiful saber Ultra, as always.  And the sound isn't too bad; at least it's loud.  My only concern is the activator button not being guarded.  Seems like there could very well be many accidental shutdowns.

I thought so, too, so I swapped it out for a guarded switch just now.

Thanks for the kudos.

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:57:31 AM »

Very cool, Ultra. How could a kid NOT love it?  Cheesy

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:08:53 AM »

Nice work Ultra.

I've watched many of Novastar's videos, and I have noticed he does a lot of stuff for kids (like the backyard picnic, and basement vids) which just makes me smile.  Smiley

Kudos to Ultra for the saber, and kudos to Novastar for being a good role model.

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Natalia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »

Which sound board did you use?  That doesn't sound like any of the others I've heard.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 04:18:59 AM »

It's from an obscure Chinese toy "Electrical" sword.  It cost me less than 2 bucks but the wiring is completely different than the Hasbro boards.  I figured it out with a little trial and error.  Wink

It's not the sort of thing I would normally put in a customer's saber, but this project called for some creativity to keep within budget and I was assured the client would love the sound. (Kids don't tend to be very picky about such things) 

To give you an idea of the budgetary goal, the cost of the project was less than the cost a regular Force FX saber.

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »

Cool idea.  Who would have thought that "Electrical Sword" board was desined for such greatness!  I might have to look at a budget board for my prophecies by the time its all said and done - maybe after I get my review up and finish some customizations...

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »

I actually was looking on the page for a Prophecy with sound Smiley I so badly want one..
The design of the Prophecy is the design I want.. but primary I want an Saber with sound!
So I'm going to get a "Shock" with sound ;(

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: