Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix v3 LE in DVA!  (Read 5476 times)
Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« on: August 22, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »

Heya, everyone! Guess what just dropped in the mail today? My newest saber, the Dominix v3 LE, with its gorgeous DVA!

Starting it off, the Dominix is a very pretty hilt, and feels very good to hold. The grips make a very nice feature, it's easy to use the saber with both or one hand, making it a very versatile hilt.

Although it is a little larger than what I expected, it is also very, very light, just about the weight of my Overlord.

Fire it up, and we have the DVA goodness! It looks like a normal VA in my camera, but trust me: it's far from that. The blade is a perfect indigo hue. Well, not exactly perfect, but a dark purple color disk later and it is Tongue

The AV Swith, as always, looks gorgeous. The Blue blends in nicely with the DVA, as expected.

All in all, this is an amazing hilt, very beautiful yet very practical, as it is to be expected from Ultra Sabers! Grin

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

Point for the color!!!

Nice saber. I like the blue av with it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »

Nice saber and color matches. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:12:28 PM »

See everyone? DVA is best color. Anyways, the AV switch looks great and the hilt matches the blade (and the switch) even better than I had expected. Point given.

no

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »

Congrats on the new saber and a point for getting that BLUE into the saber.  I agree with Luna that DVA is a great option.  I am definitely adding it to my list of MLS wants.  Also, DS point awarded for that super cool saber and great review.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 05:10:26 AM »

You know, my VA bellicose looks a lot more like DVA than VA... just saying. I think I kind of scored there.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Doxyc
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »

I'm looking to buy a very similar saber as my first Ultra Saber. I'm not sure if I should go with the Dominix v3 or the Dominix v3 LE. (What does the "LE" stand for?)

Also the DVA color, I'm completely hooked on it but I have no idea on how to get it. I can only find standard VA options when selecting saber qualities. Do I have to purchase additional color disks?

The blue AV switch is a must have when considering VA/DVA, it complements it very well! Points for the good choice!

I'm looking to get the Obsidian sound with this saber and am considering the Dark Catalyst pommel, do pommel's make a big difference for the money? How much different would the $5.00 hole in the bottom be from the $20 dark catalyst in terms of sound quality?

Which FoC color for VA/DVA would be best? If you get DVA can you still get Foc options?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm on a budget and want to have my first saber be perfect! :3 Thank you all so much for your time and dedication!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:03:36 AM by Doxyc » Logged

Don't be afraid of the light, Darkness is not born out of Darkness.
-Dominix V3 LE: Dark Violet Amethyst, w/ Blue Illuminated AV.
-Dominix V2: Guardian Blue.
-Dominix V2: RGB.
-Aeon V2: Sunrider's Destiny.
Dark points would be very much so appreciated.

Darth Ivan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »

I'm looking to buy a very similar saber as my first Ultra Saber. I'm not sure if I should go with the Dominix v3 or the Dominix v3 LE. (What does the "LE" stand for?)

Also the DVA color, I'm completely hooked on it but I have no idea on how to get it. I can only find standard VA options when selecting saber qualities. Do I have to purchase additional color disks?

The blue AV switch is a must have when considering VA/DVA, it complements it very well! Points for the good choice!

I'm looking to get the Obsidian sound with this saber and am considering the Dark Catalyst pommel, do pommel's make a big difference for the money? How much different would the $5.00 hole in the bottom be from the $20 dark catalyst in terms of sound quality?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm on a budget and want to have my first saber be perfect! :3 Thank you all so much for your time and dedication!

To get DVA you must select VA when ordering and then also order this:

www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/requisitioncharge.htm

You have to change the quantity to "5" so it becomes $5. When finishing the order, you have to write in the comment section that you want DVA as led color and thats all.

inventory:
Archon V2 - Guardian Blue
Consular - Consular Green
Guardian - Arctic Blue / silver FoC
Bellicose - Blazing Red / orange FoC
--------------
ordered 11/15/12
The Manticore - Violet Amethyst / silver FoC

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »

Excellent choice. I have a Raven in DVA and blue AV switch, Very nice!

dark side points please

Lord Krobe
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

Dark Side

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »

Nice Saber, and really like the color.

Raven: DVA, Clash Silver

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »

Which FoC color for VA/DVA would be best? If you get DVA can you still get Foc options?

The "LE" stands for Limited Edition, it's basically just a re-color of the hilt. I went with it because the normal edition would look weird with the AV Switch.

To get DVA you need to order a premium 5$ color(VA, AB or SRD), add 5$ in Requisition Charges, and on the comment box at the check-out page specify that you would like it in Dark Violet Amethyst. It does have FoC options, despite not being in the FoC chart, it's the same as the VA flashes. I personally thing Bane's Heart and Adegan Silver are the best flashes for it.

The Pommels are mostly the same when it comes to sound quality, it's more of a cosmetic feature. The normal vented pommels on the lower-end sabers are the unquestionable loudest though, since they're basically just a large hole at the bottom of the saber.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »

Gotta get me a DVA led unit for both of my QD equipped sabers.  It is just TOO awesome not to!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

GreyJediKnight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 01:23:31 AM »

I really like the look of the dominix v3 le. the contrast between the rings and body make it stand out. Im thinking about getting this one without sound, can you get the illuminated switch without sound? Im saving up for a decked out one but would also like something a little less expensive first.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 02:05:52 AM »

Im thinking about getting this one without sound, can you get the illuminated switch without sound?

Nope.

no

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 02:32:25 AM »

I really like the look of the dominix v3 le. the contrast between the rings and body make it stand out. Im thinking about getting this one without sound, can you get the illuminated switch without sound? Im saving up for a decked out one but would also like something a little less expensive first.
Nope.

Well, yes actually you can get illuminated switches on sabers without sound, just not on the aeon/dominix lines or any sabers other than the graflex and malice with activation box. So, Luna is right, you can't get one on this saber unless you want to get one from a third party and try to install it yourself. But, sound is awesome, so I say you need to have one decked out saber with sound, flash on clash, and everything.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: