Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Shock / Glaive RGB Options  (Read 1752 times)
navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« on: March 12, 2011, 05:11:15 AM »

I have a few questions with the new RGB layouts.

1) It seems in the Glaive video that a couple of times one of the RGB buttons is pressed and the saber's sound fires on or off. But, you can't actually see your hands, so I think (hope) I'm wrong. I guess this is a general question about all RGBs in that respect. There is no power switch at all in the RGB buttons, right?

2) Does the state of the RGB diodes change if you press them without power? I guess that would be a sort of EM vs. SS question. It's probably an obvious, "No, of course not" but I'm not sure.

3) Let's say you last had the saber set to red, turn it back on, then turn off red. What happens? Is it sound but no light?

4) During the new Glaive demo vid you say you've changed how the RGB diodes work, and a certain combination now produces the Arctic instead of the Sun Rider. Isn't the arctic a white and a blue diode firing together, and the Sun Rider just a blue and green making cyan? Aren't all the RGB buttons just on off switches for Red, Green and Blue diodes? You didn't take green out for white because you can still make yellow. /boggled

5) Are all the previous RGB models, like the Prophecy, going to have the new magic Arctic blue subbed in for the Sun Rider? (Since I kind of like the Cyan better it'd be nice to have a throwback option.)

6) Are all the previous RGB models, like the Prophecy, going to go four button like the shock, or stay 3/1?

These may all be very obvious, and if answering these bugs you, please feel free to throw tomatoes. I'm hungry anyway.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:15 AM »

1) It seems in the Glaive video that a couple of times one of the RGB buttons is pressed and the saber's sound fires on or off. But, you can't actually see your hands, so I think (hope) I'm wrong. I guess this is a general question about all RGBs in that respect. There is no power switch at all in the RGB buttons, right?

In RGB sabers, every color channel has it's own power button.  The RGB Glaives, Shocks, and Banes have a master power switch that controls power to all 3 channels and the sound board.  The Force FX board makes an ignition sound if you turn all the colors off without turning the master switch off.  It's just something it does.

2) Does the state of the RGB diodes change if you press them without power? I guess that would be a sort of EM vs. SS question. It's probably an obvious, "No, of course not" but I'm not sure.

No.

3) Let's say you last had the saber set to red, turn it back on, then turn off red. What happens? Is it sound but no light?

If the RGB has sound, the light will turn off and the board will make an ignition sound.

4) During the new Glaive demo vid you say you've changed how the RGB diodes work, and a certain combination now produces the Arctic instead of the Sun Rider. Isn't the arctic a white and a blue diode firing together, and the Sun Rider just a blue and green making cyan? Aren't all the RGB buttons just on off switches for Red, Green and Blue diodes? You didn't take green out for white because you can still make yellow. /boggled

RGB = Red, Green, Blue.  There is no "white" channel, you must combine all 3 channels to get white.  Blue+Green makes both SRD and Arctic Blue depending on how the channels are mixed.  We changed the mixture so that Green+Blue produces Arctic Blue on the RGB sabers instead of SRD.

5) Are all the previous RGB models, like the Prophecy, going to have the new magic Arctic blue subbed in for the Sun Rider? (Since I kind of like the Cyan better it'd be nice to have a throwback option.)

Yes, they all have the same calibration now to produce Arctic Blue.  If you want it changed, you can always request it in an email ahead of time.

6) Are all the previous RGB models, like the Prophecy, going to go four button like the shock, or stay 3/1?

Only RGB sabers with a standard sound option will have a Master Switch.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:25:09 AM »

Cool, thanks, that all makes sense and helps a lot.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: