Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Character?  (Read 12602 times)
Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »

I had a great time reading through peoples character back stories and such, I have no idea where to begin coming up with a Jedi name and back story I was hoping for some advice on how you guys did it and what I should take into account when I'm doing my back story?

Thanks for your time

It is not that hard, what you need to do is look at name meanings that target you and your personality. Then combined them in to a name that fits you and you alone. Story is a different thing, if you have every played D & D  then role playing should come easy. That is my thoughts, hope they help

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

Dark_Star_2000
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

2,000,000 ABY
Naboo

My character started out as an orphan named Ushakav Kalsin. In the orphanage, he was literally locked up in a cell 300 meters below ground to protect the others from my strange abilities (the Force). During a conquest against a new reformed Sith Order, he was found by the Jedi and taken in. He was admitted into the Jedi Order and reached a level of skill and ability that surpassed the greatest of Jedi. However, after learning a dark secret about one of the current Council Members who was also his Master, he killed his Master and abandoned the Jedi and became a vigilante. He went into hiding on Tython, where he delved into the secrets of all the different sides of the Force. 10 years go by and he has moved on, and has decided to eradicate all the different orders of Force users and start anew. He started with the Revanites, burning their shrines and temples to the ground and taking their relics for himself to amplify his power. He was almost successful in destroying both the Jedi and Sith at once, since they were already at a heated point in the current war, but the combined power of the entire Jedi and Sith Orders was too much for him and he was defeated, and now resides in a stasis chamber at the center of Hoth's core

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 04:26:48 PM »

I had a great time reading through peoples character back stories and such, I have no idea where to begin coming up with a Jedi name and back story I was hoping for some advice on how you guys did it and what I should take into account when I'm doing my back story?

Thanks for your time
I found the best way to write a back story is start with the basics:

Species, gender, skin colour, hair colour, year of birth, planet of birth (for help with planets check out starwars.wikia)

From there you can move onto the next important things: Jedi or Sith. If A Jedi, then come up with a name (there are star wars name generators you can google if you're struggling). If you are a Sith, come up with a real name and then a Darth name.

After that, you can start fleshing out the rest of the back story; does your character have any siblings, what happened to their parents or was he/she an orphan? How did they discover they were force sensitive? Who trained them? If they're a Sith how did they fall to the darkside?

Eventually you may find that while you are figuring all this out that your creative mind kicks in and new ideas flow.

I did all of the above and ended up with this backstory http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27744.0

Hope that helps

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »

I found the best way to write a back story is start with the basics:

Species, gender, skin colour, hair colour, year of birth, planet of birth (for help with planets check out starwars.wikia)

From there you can move onto the next important things: Jedi or Sith. If A Jedi, then come up with a name (there are star wars name generators you can google if you're struggling). If you are a Sith, come up with a real name and then a Darth name.

After that, you can start fleshing out the rest of the back story; does your character have any siblings, what happened to their parents or was he/she an orphan? How did they discover they were force sensitive? Who trained them? If they're a Sith how did they fall to the darkside?

Eventually you may find that while you are figuring all this out that your creative mind kicks in and new ideas flow.

I did all of the above and ended up with this backstory http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27744.0

Hope that helps

That helps a lot thanks I'll get on that right away have points

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:43 AM »

Olyn Khorn was a Dark Jedi who operated as Hand to Darth Sidious during his time as Emperor. He was 41 at the time of the Battle of Yavin. A red haired, stocky man he was shorter than many of peers, but punished those who made the mistake of mocking him.

He was a Born on Coruscant in 41 BBY, Olyn Khorn was a young orphan when found by a Jedi Sentinel who was out on patrol in the lower levels of the city. Taken back to the Jedi temple, he was selected as padawan by Jedi Master Boris Al-Khazir. He was trained in many aspects of the Force, with an emphasis on telekinesis and body enhancement. His master, noticing his pupil's tendency to aggression in combat, taught Olyn to use the Djem So style during lightsaber combat to help harness his inner darkness.

At the onset of the Clone Wars, Khorn having held the title of Jedi Knight at the time, was given the rank of Commander in the Clone Army. During a scouting mission in Unknown Regions in early 19 BBY, he found the remains of a lost Dark Jedi lair including a Sith holocron and many texts relating to the Dark Side. Having been corrupted by these teachings he killed all the soldiers under his command. When he returned to Known Space, he was found by Darth Vader. Instead of fighting the Sith Lord he pledged his allegiance to the Sith and the Empire in exchange for training in the Dark Side. Lord Vader accepted Olyn's offer and sent him to train under Sidious himself to become Hand, an assassin for the Emperor. During this time, he constructed a new red bladed lightsaber which he used to snuff out the lives of many of the Emperor's enemies. He mastered the Djem So style, even rivaling Lord Vader as a duelist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 04:41:20 AM »

Can it be an original character?

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 11:07:21 AM »

Can it be an original character?
Absolutely!  In fact, almost every character here is an original  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »

My character, named Zyn of course, is a former member of the Jedi Order and a failed Padawan during the end of the Clone Wars and into the Rise of the Empire.

After failing his Trial of Spirit, he was placed in the Jedi Explorer Corps. Feeling the Corps as an inferior part of the order, he rejected his assignment and chose instead to leave the Order altogether. Before he left, however, he was able to steal his lightsaber to use for his own ends, rather than turn it over to the Order.

These days, he spends his time gambling on pod races in order to get himself off of Coruscant and make his own way in the Galaxy. He also actively avoids everything to do with the Clone Wars, as a childhood friend of his, a Twi'lek named Seela Me, is still a Jedi Padawan and heavily involved in the conflict.

I am currently writing a story centered around my character, and I will likely be posting it on this forum when I feel I have enough to post on a weekly basis.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »

My character, named Zyn of course, is a former member of the Jedi Order and a failed Padawan during the end of the Clone Wars and into the Rise of the Empire.

After failing his Trial of Spirit, he was placed in the Jedi Explorer Corps. Feeling the Corps as an inferior part of the order, he rejected his assignment and chose instead to leave the Order altogether. Before he left, however, he was able to steal his lightsaber to use for his own ends, rather than turn it over to the Order.

These days, he spends his time gambling on pod races in order to get himself off of Coruscant and make his own way in the Galaxy. He also actively avoids everything to do with the Clone Wars, as a childhood friend of his, a Twi'lek named Seela Me, is still a Jedi Padawan and heavily involved in the conflict.

I am currently writing a story centered around my character, and I will likely be posting it on this forum when I feel I have enough to post on a weekly basis.
Excellent Zyn^^  I'm looking forward to reading your story  Smiley

If I may also suggest: read Karm's, TR's, LSG's, and HB1's threads; you'll get a variety of narratives that really embraces, honors, and--I think--expands the SW universe  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 04:11:46 PM »

Excellent Zyn^^  I'm looking forward to reading your story  Smiley

If I may also suggest: read Karm's, TR's, LSG's, and HB1's threads; you'll get a variety of narratives that really embraces, honors, and--I think--expands the SW universe  Wink

I have been slowly reading through Karmak's and TR's stories, and I do like them. They're what have gotten me to turn my writing to Star Wars and away from some of my main projects, much to the chagrin of my readers  Grin

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »

Don't forget TD's story. It is amazing as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »

Pixy Rahl

a.k.a. Heartbreak One

He was a true ace. He wasn't Force sensitive, but that didn't mean he couldn't be skillful in lightsaber combat. He was one of the true peacekeepers, both in the sky and on the ground. His field infantry and elite starfighter piloting abilities made him one of two elites to dominate the Empire with superior, supernatural-like force. His allegiance is mostly to the Rebellion....but he is also a grey mercenary himself, working for nobody behind the scenes.

But why did this man, this so-called Heartbreak One, gain his code name? What has changed him from neutral, to evil, to good?

...It was because of one person. One woman. Jyn Erso: the one woman that he loved from the bottom of his heart.

But....one day, everything changed.

December 16, 0 BBY: the day Rogue One changed the fate of the galaxy, in exchange for their own lives.

December 16, 0 BBY: the day Pixy Rahl's heart truly broke.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 01:54:55 AM »

Thanks TR  Smiley. I appreciate the kind words my friend  Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 01:55:58 AM »

Thanks TR  Smiley. I appreciate the kind words my friend  Cheesy

Well I figured I'd mention it, since what I said was true, and you kinda left it out when telling people what stories to read. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JimmyJam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 10:37:27 PM »

Here's a brief history of my Sith Character/Persona. It's a little more in depth but I just wanted to share a bit.

Lord Maelstrom:
   During the reign of the Galactic Empire the Emperor had a dark force acolyte or force user named Jam Yorrik. He was trained in the ways of the dark side to be used if Darth Vader couldn't bring young Skywalker over to the dark side, or in the extreme case of Lord Vader ever trying to dispatch him and take over as per the Rule of Two.
   During the battle on Hoth Jam Yorrik was sent to the planet Sarka in the Mid Rim to see about rumors of a rebel supply station, if true he was to kill the garrison commander, set up imperial forces, and take control of the planet. Once there he finds it is partially true but the Rebel forces are heavy in their presence, he kills the Garrison Commander but finds himself confronted with the Rebels and Sarkans forces, he dispatched several of their commanders and guardsmen but has to flee due to the overwhelming odds, in his retreat he interrogates a Sarkan Governor who had alerted the Rebel Alliance, he pulled the information from him by using his dark force abilities, it left the Governor mentally unstable, he destroys the communications towers of the alliance and jumps into hyperspace in his ship The Scalphunter, a heavily modified Marauder-class corvette.
    For this act Jam Yorrik is given the title of Lord Maelstrom by the Emperor who had sensed the dark side flowing freely through him.
   During the battle of Endor he, Lord Maelstrom, was sent into unknown space roughly 4500 parsecs past Csilla, as the Imperial Forces had received an old distress beacon from the Imperal Prison Ship the Asylum, there had been an uprising or riot and some of the ship had been lost to the prisoners. Lord Maelstrom's orders were to board the ship, quell the disturbance, and bring the ship back, any resistance was to be dealt with harshly.
   On this mission Lord Maelstrom had a detachment of Stormtroopers led by Commander Forge, unknown to Lord Maelstrom, Forge's orders were to help quell the uprising and eliminate Lord Maelstrom. The Emperor had began to think him becoming too powerful.
   On the Asylum the uprising was quickly put down, Lord Maelstrom excuted the six leaders, gorce choked the Imperal Warden to death and appointed Forge as the new Warden until they returned. That's when Forge turned him, outnumbered he stunned, shackled, and frozen in carbonite and placed in a force sensitive holding cell.
   Unfortunately on the return trip the Asylum was attacked and crashed on a planet called Trislla, about 3500 parsecs from IIum. Due to being frozen in carbonite Lord Maelstrom survived, he was released by a Togruta female, Odsi Shaa, who found his carbonite casket embedded in a swamp among the wreckage of several Tie Fighters, he now travels the galaxy hunting Sith, Odsi Shaa travels with him.

Points Please.

I fear no man, no beast, I serve no master... for I am the shadows, the darkness, I am the SITH.
   ~Lord Maelstrom~

Sabers: Raven Super Sith

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: