Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian 2.0 with BuckPuck and FoC wire diagram  (Read 74356 times)
Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 01:22:27 AM »

I believe so, but not certain.

dark side points please

spidie2000
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 04:42:06 PM »

So I've just taken up soldering, this week I have installed Quick Disconnects in almost all of my sabers, no issue so far and I'm getting better at it each time.  I am interested in upgrading some non FoC sabers to be able to use a FoC LED module as I do have some extras that have FoC.  So my question is when I remove my obsidian board it does not seem to want to come out all the way, I don't want to pull too hard and risk damaging it.  They have the top wired in electrical tape which I assume I'd have to remove to access the pins but is there a trick to getting the board out for easier access?

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »

So I've just taken up soldering, this week I have installed Quick Disconnects in almost all of my sabers, no issue so far and I'm getting better at it each time.  I am interested in upgrading some non FoC sabers to be able to use a FoC LED module as I do have some extras that have FoC.  So my question is when I remove my obsidian board it does not seem to want to come out all the way, I don't want to pull too hard and risk damaging it.  They have the top wired in electrical tape which I assume I'd have to remove to access the pins but is there a trick to getting the board out for easier access?

Yes. Everthing pulled out completely for me after I snipped the switch wires. It's the connections to the switch that are preventing a full removal. To add FoC, it's probably a good idea to remove the switch. Just number the wires to make reconnecting the switch later a breeze.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

spidie2000
Knight Templar

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »

oh man, i was really hoping I could just solder in the 1 wire and run it up through the hilt, not sure if I'm comfortable actually disconnecting the current wiring on the board yet.

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »

oh man, i was really hoping I could just solder in the 1 wire and run it up through the hilt, not sure if I'm comfortable actually disconnecting the current wiring on the board yet.

If you can reach the pin on the board without removing the switch, definitely save yourself some extra work. Undoing the electrical tape will likely give you the breathing room you need.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

spidie2000
Knight Templar

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

is there a trick to removing the switches?  When I look down through the hilt at the A/V switches they look to be hot glued in place.  I thought all the switches were just press fit but maybe not A/V ?

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »

Avs do have some adhesive but you can still pry them lose.  Tape your hilt to prevent scratching and use a flat screwdriver and pry slowly up. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Blackwid0o0w
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »

Hello,
I don't understand something on this diagram. The Foc led -  doesn't need to come back to the buckpuck?
So i think my wiring diagram is wrong:

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »

The led+ of the buck Puck gets split to the mail led + and FoC led +, the FoC terminal on the board controls the gnd Goin to the FoC led. (the flash is controlled via the FoC terminal).

dark side points please

Blackwid0o0w
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »

Thanks for your quick answer. So my diagram is better like that i suppose:

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

Here is a corrected version of my diagram. This is with Buck Puck, FoC , and an AV switch.

Note that the AV switch does not go through the Buck Puck and has its own resistor.
Awaiting feed back from Emory ,via email, pertaining to a accent led also being driven by Buck Puck, I will post another diagram once I have the info.

This is exactly what I am looking for Cheesy Thanks a lot, that will make it easy exchanging my guarded switches with blue AV ones and two Dyna-Ohms from LEDsupport (do you mind when I mention the company?) ^^
Does this also apply to the new Obsidian 3.0? Or is there an important difference in wiring?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:16:20 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »

Sorry, me again...do the blue LEDs on the AV switches have a forward voltage of 2.8V and a forwar current of 20mA? The 2.8V are written onto the switches (so I assume this will be the forward voltage), but I haven't found information about the current - that's the important thing I have to know 'cause the DynaOhms from LEDsupport are available with 20, 25 and 30mA Undecided I don't want to take the wrong ones and kill my switch LEDs.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:03:30 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ilpostino
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

Here is a corrected version of my diagram. This is with Buck Puck, FoC , and an AV switch.

Note that the AV switch does not go through the Buck Puck and has its own resistor.
Awaiting feed back from Emory ,via email, pertaining to a accent led also being driven by Buck Puck, I will post another diagram once I have the info.

it looks like I should use this diagram when connecting my first light saber.

Here is the setup:

Hilt: Ordinary hilt
Emitter: Shock emitter.
Blade: Ultraedge midgrade blade or UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade.
Pommel: Manticore high pommel.
LED: Forum yellow. 
Battery pack: 2x 14500 Li-Ion Battery Holder/Speaker Combo and 700 mA buch puck.
Soundboard: Obsidian USB sound board 3.0.
Buttons: Two anti Vandal Momentary Switch. One red and one blue (sonce they dont have illuminated yellow)

I guess I need a 20 mA transistor for the button as well.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2014, 12:04:54 PM »

Yes, you will need this diagram and a 20mA resistor (DynaOhm recommended) for your switch. However, I would recommend the 1000mA BuckPuck that you can find on US's homepage as well. Also, it's always good to ask Emory at info@ultrasabers.com if he could sell you a yellow AV switch instead of the red/blue/green ones.

Sig by Master Nero

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »

This style of switch is certainly available in amber (yellow), through other sources.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: