Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian 2.0 with BuckPuck and FoC wire diagram  (Read 73959 times)
DarthDaddy
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »

Last night I took the time to do all the wiring and it works.   wooohoooo.  I had to connect the two unmarked connectors to soundboard as well.

I should problaby check the LED-wiring on the switch because it doesnt illuninate when the lightsaber is "on".

ilpostino -- were you able to resolve the issue of your switch LED not igniting when the saber is on -- because I'm doing a DIY build too and have the same problem -- I've followed Vex's buckpuck wiring diagram to a T -- and have the correct resistor type going to the LED+ on the switch  . . . so I'm stuck!  Everything else works correctly though.

ilpostino
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2014, 10:11:25 AM »

ilpostino -- were you able to resolve the issue of your switch LED not igniting when the saber is on -- because I'm doing a DIY build too and have the same problem -- I've followed Vex's buckpuck wiring diagram to a T -- and have the correct resistor type going to the LED+ on the switch  . . . so I'm stuck!  Everything else works correctly though.

I redid the wiring but still no light at the switch. The day before I did all the wiring I connected the LED-wiring for the switch to a AAA battery holder and I think I fried the LED in both my switches. I havent bought new switches yet but everything else works fine.

DarthDaddy
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »

Bluespike gave me a tip -- disconnect everything and wire your switch directly to the batter + / - leads.  Make sure you have your resistor in place on positive lead.  This will confirm if your switch LED is fried.

I tried this last night and it worked -- so I was mis wiring something else in the series -- I figured it out -- I was having the buckpuck drive the LED+ whereas it should be coming directly from the battery positive lead going to the buckpuck and the VIN on the board.

Worst come to worst -- you could start with confirming the LED switch directly -- then add segment by segment until you reach a point where the LED switch doesn't ignite -- that would isolate any mistake at that point in the wiring.

Hope you get it figured out.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »

In my diagram I used a Dyna ohm resistor. You can try putting a normal resister on the negative side of the switch led instead of the positive. This was a major oversight and I should have noted it.

dark side points please

Keltic Assassin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2015, 02:08:05 PM »

OK here goes. I have an overlord with purple blade. I'm adding a sound card, a yellow switch and a charge port. I want to add forgot there is only 3 wires coming from my led. 2 red 1 black. My guess is this is how they get the proper color. If I separate the red leads will this give for and will it change the primary color. Also any idea what ohm I  would need for the switch or can it go through the buck puck.
Thanks  Larry

Everything is going to be just fine.............hmmmm no wait, were toast.

avolakia
Force Sensitive

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2016, 06:31:07 AM »

What led i must buy to add FoC to obsidian v4?
There is a especific type of buck puk tu buy?
Thanks a lot

avolakia
Force Sensitive

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2016, 06:34:57 AM »

Please what type of led and buck puk i must buy to add FoC to obsidian v4?
Thanks a lot

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:45 AM »

Thanks for the helpful diagrams looks easy to follow

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »

What led i must buy to add FoC to obsidian v4?
There is a especific type of buck puk tu buy?
Thanks a lot
First, please read and acknowledge the forum rules before posting any further Smiley

Second, you don't need a specific BuckPuck if you bought your saber with the default one. The one used by UltraSabers is suitable for FoC. LED is a different thing: for FoC you need a multi-colour RGB LED. Blazing Red, Consular Green, Guardian Blue, Adegan Silver and Fire Orange are made with single-colour LEDs, so if you want FoC and have one of these colours you'll have to change your LED.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Egorr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »

These diagrams have simplified everything for me. Thanks to all who have posted with their inputs. My question would be concerning a little help with adding in hilt charging to this diagram. Where does this get placed?

Do or DO Not! There is no Try!

Egorr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2017, 02:21:50 AM »

These diagrams have simplified everything for me. Thanks to all who have posted with their inputs. My question would be concerning a little help with adding in hilt charging to this diagram. Where does this get placed?
Thanks anyway. I have managed to answer my own question. Via search and other members suggestions. I am now about ready to start my first build.

Do or DO Not! There is no Try!

Steven80s
Force Sensitive

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »

Hi all

im new here, trying to build my own saber. im trying to find some help on connecting BuckPuck to a obsidian sound board.
but the diagram show here is been blurred.
do we need some permission to view the diagram ?

Thanks

Finally manage to see the diagram.
need to register to photobucket

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2019, 04:49:33 PM »

I think you need the diagram from this post:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42841.0;topicseen

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Steven80s
Force Sensitive

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2019, 09:20:42 PM »

I think you need the diagram from this post:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42841.0;topicseen

Thanks for the guide.
that what i need

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »

How to get these diagrams without the stupid photobucket watermark?!?!?

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: