Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade lengths  (Read 5269 times)
Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Get it?

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 05:13:38 AM »

I'd even go longer... I'd use a 40" in a Bane if it were available. (I've been thinking about a 60" blade for a Light Odachi) Having a 24" blade for a left hand saber would be great though, and 32" just as an option in you have a shorter style hilt such as prophecy, initiate, etc. I really don't see a downside here.

Family Arsenal
Me:
War Glaive - MLS units: VA, SD
Luke ROTJ conversion - Consular Green
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!
2 of my own builds. (third in the works)

My wife:
Collector's Edition Prophecy - Consular Green
1 custom build in the works (Double bladed, Pink and Purple)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 06:00:52 AM »

I like the full length blades personally, but I think the option of simply ordering a different size blade is a good idea. After all WE all know you can just request it in the order comments, but someone who isn't on the forums and just stumbles upon US and doesn't know this might want a 30" blade or something, and doesn't order one because they think they can't get that.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 06:01:34 AM »

A 24" option is good if you wanted to dual wield saber-and-shoto along with the 36" saber and the 32" option is good if you prefer dual wielding 'matched pair ' sabers imo, YMMV of course.

I can see why a 40" would look good for the Bane too though...especially in the long RGB version.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:53 AM »

I use a 48" blade sometimes. Its an animal...

Scottie
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

Jedi Knight Templer

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »

Ya we can fight with any length but there is an optimal length and it would be nice to get it right rather than
use any old length and make due.  If your going to buy it special, might as well get the best size... don't you think?!?

huh... I fight with Eskrima, but we were taught to use any length of weapon with just a little adjustment.  I'm fine with the 32" blades.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 01:48:04 AM »

Yeah.  Although personally, I like fighting with different lengths so that I don't get too used to using only the perfect length.

Shinteetah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »

I had no idea until I stumbled onto this thread, after 3-4 hours reading through the forums. Smiley

I like the full length blades personally, but I think the option of simply ordering a different size blade is a good idea. After all WE all know you can just request it in the order comments, but someone who isn't on the forums and just stumbles upon US and doesn't know this might want a 30" blade or something, and doesn't order one because they think they can't get that.

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »

I was just taking apart my saber when I realised the different blade size I was getting. I just ordered a shock and it's coming with a 36" blade, while my FX converted saber has a 32". Gonna take some getting used to but then I can always swap the blades if I wanted to.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: