Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian Blue Monarch (Raffle 1st prize)  (Read 3665 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »

To my surprise and delight, my new nickel plated Monarch came in last night!  I say surprise because I had to sign for my Dark Prophecy (UPS being a pain as usual), but in this case it wasn't necessary... so here's a review!

Despite having gotten a few sabers recently, my first impression upon opening it was the packaging.  First off, they no longer use packing peanuts (which made a mess) and instead use an intense amount of bubble wrap.  Much neater and still VERY secure in that box... it was flawless when it came out.  Not to mention they package your charger in a handy little bag, and even include Ultrasabers business cards.  Pretty cool!

Ok so let's get to the saber.  My first impression on the saber itself was very pretty - the curves of the thing make it very elegant looking, and the nickel plating gives it a very unique and attractive finish.  Despite its length (11" IIRC), this thing has some serious heft!  The bulbous section in the upper half is fairly thick, but surprisingly comfortable to grip.  Not to mention the pseudo choke point towards the top gives a nice spot for your index finger, while the bottom section provides a very good grip for your second hand.  In short, I feel like this would make a solid two handed saber!

I don't think I need to rant any more about Guardian Blue, I've mentioned time and again what a great color it is.  It's VERY bright and a perfectly deep shade of blue, the perfect pick for any Jedi hero... or recently turned Sith Lord who needs to purge a temple Wink

I intend to take several pictures for you guys, and even make a video review.  In addition, once I use it a bit more for combat I'll add some of my thoughts on that topic - after all, that's what they make these things for!  Until then, I hope this was informative for you all... let me know if you have any questions about the hilt or anything.

EDIT:  Snapped a pic!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:33:37 AM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »

Nice review! I have to agree about the hilt being heavy.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:41:51 AM »

You realize I hate you for this, right? Wink

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:44:12 AM »

Awesome saber, man.  I alwas liked the look of the Monarch.  It looks like something someone of royalty would use.

I got my raffle saber in the mail yesterday too.  The Dominix V3.  It's a cool looking saber. LOVE the choke points on it.  However, when I go to light it up, the LED didn't work.  Something must've happened at some point, I'm not really sure.  I'm just really bummed about it.

And THEN, last night, something happened to my Bane that now the LED and the AV switch don't light up any more.  It just seems like luck isn't at all on my side as of late.  Sad

I did email Emory about it, but they're obviously at DragonCon, so nothing can be done as of now.  Now, all I have is my Bellicose, which is great, but I still wish my others worked.  Undecided

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:00:34 AM »

Nice saber. The Monarch as a Jedi saber though? Looks more Sith to me. But that's just me. Tongue Even the silver/nickle plated version looks Sith to me.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »

Nice saber. The Monarch as a Jedi saber though? Looks more Sith to me. But that's just me. Tongue Even the silver/nickle plated version looks Sith to me.

Hmmm idk.  It seems pretty Jedi to me, but ultimately that's a personal opinion thing I think.  To me, the lack of sharp and aggressive features is what makes it more Jedi (as opposed to hilts with slanted emitters and sharper angles like my Dark Prophecy).  Still, it could definitely work well for either!  This is one of those hilts that would look great in a LOT of colors... I'm actually considering grabbing a VA LED module for it, since I think it would look killer in purple.

Awesome saber, man.  I alwas liked the look of the Monarch.  It looks like something someone of royalty would use.

I got my raffle saber in the mail yesterday too.  The Dominix V3.  It's a cool looking saber. LOVE the choke points on it.  However, when I go to light it up, the LED didn't work.  Something must've happened at some point, I'm not really sure.  I'm just really bummed about it.

And THEN, last night, something happened to my Bane that now the LED and the AV switch don't light up any more.  It just seems like luck isn't at all on my side as of late.  Sad

I did email Emory about it, but they're obviously at DragonCon, so nothing can be done as of now.  Now, all I have is my Bellicose, which is great, but I still wish my others worked.  Undecided

Awwww sorry man Sad  That's like the ultimate series of bad luck.  The LEDs are the only thing not working?  The sound comes on ok then?  PM me and maybe we can troubleshoot this until they get back from Dragoncon.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »

I agree with you Nero. Get a VA MLS. ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »

These are all CLASSIC signs of a voltage drop or also called battery issues.  Please charge your Lithium Ion batteries and do NOT use regular AA batteries.  The LED requires more power than the soundboard, so sound will still work but the LED will not when the batteries are drained.  If charging the batteries does not help then you probably have a fully dead Li-Ion battery cell that needs to be replaced.

If you need further assistance with all this please email us at info@ultrasabers.com and we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »

I agree with the hilt being very heavy, but I cannot find a comfortable grip on it.

I can get a decently comfortable one with a reverse grip (not that I'd ever use that with a full length weapon when fighting) but its just not comfortable to me.

Will have an actual review on my two new sabers up soon with pics and maybe video.

I'll also get a few friends to try it out since I have small hands, and maybe their bigger hands will find a better fit.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:47 AM »

I agree with the hilt being very heavy, but I cannot find a comfortable grip on it.

I can get a decently comfortable one with a reverse grip (not that I'd ever use that with a full length weapon when fighting) but its just not comfortable to me.

Will have an actual review on my two new sabers up soon with pics and maybe video.

I'll also get a few friends to try it out since I have small hands, and maybe their bigger hands will find a better fit.

Yeah I think perhaps my bigger hands help a bit, because I can find some fairly comfy spots to grip.  Two handed is pretty fine, because I use the choke point and lower section, but single handed becomes somewhat difficult due to the weight and shape.  Of course, when I take the heavy grade blade off it becomes a lot easier!

Still, I couldn't dream of complaining.  This thing is awesome and I got it for free courtesy of the awesome folks at Ultrasabers.  Thanks a lot guys!

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

Yeah I think perhaps my bigger hands help a bit, because I can find some fairly comfy spots to grip.  Two handed is pretty fine, because I use the choke point and lower section, but single handed becomes somewhat difficult due to the weight and shape.  Of course, when I take the heavy grade blade off it becomes a lot easier!

Still, I couldn't dream of complaining.  This thing is awesome and I got it for free courtesy of the awesome folks at Ultrasabers.  Thanks a lot guys!

Yeah its still an absolute beauty.

Quick question, is your sound a little lower in this than the others? Mine is, I think its the casing though. Its still pretty loud, and love it just not as loud as my overlord.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »

Yeah its still an absolute beauty.

Quick question, is your sound a little lower in this than the others? Mine is, I think its the casing though. Its still pretty loud, and love it just not as loud as my overlord.

Good question... I didn't notice it before, but it is a little bit lower in volume.  Of course at this point I'm used to my Prophecy, which basically has an open hole for a pommel... so needless to say the Monarch is still VERY loud lol

Longdong
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »

Hi, reckon you could post a pic of the monarch without the led on to get a better look of the finish?
In deep's vid, he says how shinny the nikel is, but all the other pics of this look a bit matt somehow.
how is it for spinning?
thanks

Give light side points!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »

Hi, reckon you could post a pic of the monarch without the led on to get a better look of the finish?
In deep's vid, he says how shinny the nikel is, but all the other pics of this look a bit matt somehow.
how is it for spinning?
thanks

Yeah sure, I took a few pics a while back actually.

It's a little more matte than you'd expect, at least this one is, but that's not a bad thing at all.  Gives it a VERY unique finish that I really love.

It's not bad for spinning really, although the curves of it can make it tough to grip for people with smaller hands.  I find it pretty easy though.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »

Argh, I know what you mean. I got a GB Monarch for my birthday back in May. I couldn't grip it comfortably at all and it was way too heavy to actually fight with, so I would up giving it to my dad for Father's day and buying myself a Liberator, which is much easier to grip.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: