Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shipping / Are UPS idiots?  (Read 4021 times)
Vetinari
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 14, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »

Um yeah so UPS are listing my lightsaber as "delivered"

I know for a fact that it's not, as the delivery address has people there 24/7 to collect packages, so it's not a case of sorry we knocked but you were out.

I dug a little on their website, and they're listing it as delivered to Northampton, UK.

Now I know American companies can sometimes be a little iffy on UK geography, but when the shipping address is Cambridge, UK... (and when the postcode counts for the entire side of a very long street, and is exclusive to one building...)

Sigh... How on Earth do I contact UPS about this? I've had a look over their website, and infuriatingly keep getting redirected to the page that says delivered.

Help!

War Glaive - Guardian Blue
Liberator - Fire Orange
Prophecy - Adegan Silver
Asajj Ventress Force FX

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »

Wow, that really sucks.

My only suggestion would be to call them, and see if they can help you. Beyond that I don't know what to tell you.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:35 PM »

*sigh* I feel for you. I can only say that this is not the first, and likely not the last time I've heard of this happening. My best advice is call them, don't be afraid to let them know how you feel, and be prepared to target your Proton Torpedoes. Good Luck, and May the Force be with You.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Marcos
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »

I've had something like this happen to before a long time ago. it was usps, and  I noticed it was headed in the wrong direction
on their tracking page. in any case, it was the sender that had the authority to alter the course of the package.
it got recalled before reaching its destination and re-shipped to me.

Liberator ~ Arctic Blue

as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for my soul is pure, and my saber fully charged.

Vetinari
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

Right I've contacted them, but no useful response thus far... Sigh...

War Glaive - Guardian Blue
Liberator - Fire Orange
Prophecy - Adegan Silver
Asajj Ventress Force FX

Luc ar
Knight Lance Corporal

In the Force we trust

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »

well i geuss they are stupid indeed
the order sjorsjo and me placed is now stuck in germany in the building of UPS
and than the reason your never geuss it is becouse of a nature disaster  Huh
and so far i know thats in Japan not in Germany or the Netherlands
at first they wanted to send it back to the sender
but luckly sjorsjo send a  e-mail to them now it is just waiting till it comes here Sad

Custom Omen - Blazing red  
Custom Dark Initiate v2 - Blazing red

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »

There was another thread on a similar subject awhile back, and I thought it was funny alot of people came forward and said UPS was great and they never had a problem and only the nicest, politest, and carefullest of UPS employees could be found in their areas. I think it's apparent they are the lucky ones. UPS certainly doesn't seem to be very picky about who they hire, or how they train them. Japan gets hell on earth so a package being shipped between two places almost as far away from Japan as possible can't be delivered? W. T. H. I said it before and I'll say it again, the company I work for ships a rough average of ten packages a day, and we stopped using UPS just because of things like this, and the many stories of items being misdelivered, stolen, and or broken, and the driver invariably saying it was packaged wrong. I packed several of those orders myself, and I can tell you how many inches of bubblewrap and peanuts were between the box and the item, and how well protected it was. UPS is poorly administrated. That's all there is to it.

Of course, I have to say that when my Ultrasabers order came through UPS it arrived safely and with no damage whatsoever, but again, I feel that is an instance of luck in getting the good employees on my route instead of the bad.

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:47:15 AM »

To answer the original question, yes UPS are idiots. Or as I like to call them Jar Jars.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »

Misa stupid oh no?
misa in big doo doo when i don't deliver to Luc'ar and Sjorsjo.

WELL GUESS WHAT UPS/
YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE.

I will meditate on this while my sith companion chops your heads of.
seperatist trash.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

On another note... I seem to be hearing shipping everywhere is getting held up by the Tsunami aftermath. Something we were expecting here was held up due apparently to a minor Tsunami hitting California or something. Again, I have to remark on how much the media sucks.  Angry Coverage of Japan we should have, but it should be better quality, and instead of looping the same hour of coverage ALL DAY... we should get some of our local news coming through. Besides the traffic and weather reports. Blasted Media.

Ooo! A Sith is hittin' UPS? Can I watch? lolz

I am not a color...

Luc ar
Knight Lance Corporal

In the Force we trust

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

On another note... I seem to be hearing shipping everywhere is getting held up by the Tsunami aftermath. Something we were expecting here was held up due apparently to a minor Tsunami hitting California or something. Again, I have to remark on how much the media sucks.  Angry Coverage of Japan we should have, but it should be better quality, and instead of looping the same hour of coverage ALL DAY... we should get some of our local news coming through. Besides the traffic and weather reports. Blasted Media.

Ooo! A Sith is hittin' UPS? Can I watch? lolz

sure you can watch but don't try to stop me  Wink
and for some light effects i will use some of my lightning but not to much i don't wanne spoil the show to much Grin

Custom Omen - Blazing red  
Custom Dark Initiate v2 - Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »

I wonder if you'll bash that guy up in the same way as some of my stuff when we duel *hint *hint Wink

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: