Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 457209 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2100 on: March 08, 2021, 09:37:51 AM »

Just wanted to show off my glock.  Happy Birthday Devil Dogs and Happy Veterans day tomorrow.

Didn't even know about this topic at the time, so a happy belated b-day to you devils. I was for sure in my cups that particular day.

When and if I ever grow up, I want to be just like Jerry Miculek!

Almost speechless...

The Nintendo Zapper Glock mod... just wow. First thought awesome, second thought that has to be illegal in some states somehow. But I still kinda want one. That's hilarious.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2101 on: March 08, 2021, 10:24:41 AM »

Didn't even know about this topic at the time, so a happy belated b-day to you devils. I was for sure in my cups that particular day.

Almost speechless...

The Nintendo Zapper Glock mod... just wow. First thought awesome, second thought that has to be illegal in some states somehow. But I still kinda want one. That's hilarious.
The nintendo glock in insane =D

As a European I have to ask. Why would it be illegal? O.o

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2102 on: March 08, 2021, 12:05:50 PM »

The nintendo glock in insane =D

As a European I have to ask. Why would it be illegal? O.o

Just because laws can vary so wildly on the subject... I have no idea if that's actually on the books anywhere. But there are all kinds of legislation out there somewhere and enforceable, though I would have no idea truly. It was just something that immediately came to mind, I don't know of any legitimate legal precedent against it. I know they make toys have strict standards of differentiation from actual firearms, so I'm just guessing somewhere would have the opposite side of the spectrum outlawed.

But I looked to double check. Good ole google doesn't say much about any explicit laws against it, and if California hasn't outlawed real ones that looks like toys it's a safe bet that such legislation may very well not exist at all. SO now I want a replica SW blaster rifle that fires a very high caliber round.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2103 on: March 08, 2021, 02:14:58 PM »

Just because laws can vary so wildly on the subject... I have no idea if that's actually on the books anywhere. But there are all kinds of legislation out there somewhere and enforceable, though I would have no idea truly. It was just something that immediately came to mind, I don't know of any legitimate legal precedent against it. I know they make toys have strict standards of differentiation from actual firearms, so I'm just guessing somewhere would have the opposite side of the spectrum outlawed.

But I looked to double check. Good ole google doesn't say much about any explicit laws against it, and if California hasn't outlawed real ones that looks like toys it's a safe bet that such legislation may very well not exist at all. SO now I want a replica SW blaster rifle that fires a very high caliber round.
This (bold) I don't get.
I mean. In France carrying a handgun is forbidden except for a few people (LEOs, private security, and a few other exceptions). Airsoft guns do not need spray painting or red nozes or anything else, because carrying them is also forbidden (weapon by destination if you use a toy to commit a crime). So people toting airsoft toys are treated as if they had real guns. Hard to tell from a distance and both are forbidden.

Since real guns are allowed, I don't see why gun toys should be treated differently...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2104 on: March 08, 2021, 05:40:21 PM »

This (bold) I don't get.
I mean. In France carrying a handgun is forbidden except for a few people (LEOs, private security, and a few other exceptions). Airsoft guns do not need spray painting or red nozes or anything else, because carrying them is also forbidden (weapon by destination if you use a toy to commit a crime). So people toting airsoft toys are treated as if they had real guns. Hard to tell from a distance and both are forbidden.

Since real guns are allowed, I don't see why gun toys should be treated differently...

You are asking for laws to make sense, and when it comes to a topic like firearms or other weapons, that’s probably not going to happen.  Too many people are too emotionally invested in their own particular views to listen to, or provide, reasoned discussion on the topic, and in my experience, this applies to folks all along the spectrum of weapon usage, from one end to the other.  I would probably fall into this group (too emotionally attached to my own views to remain rational) myself, if I were being perfectly honest about things, no matter how much I would rather not be in that group.

In order to keep the thread from getting into verboten topics, I will say no more on this.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2105 on: March 08, 2021, 05:48:37 PM »

You are asking for laws to make sense, and when it comes to a topic like firearms or other weapons, that’s probably not going to happen.  Too many people are too emotionally invested in their own particular views to listen to, or provide, reasoned discussion on the topic, and in my experience, this applies to folks all along the spectrum of weapon usage, from one end to the other.  I would probably fall into this group (too emotionally attached to my own views to remain rational) myself, if I were being perfectly honest about things, no matter how much I would rather not be in that group.

In order to keep the thread from getting into verboten topics, I will say no more on this.
You do make sense =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2106 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:01 PM »

This (bold) I don't get.

It all stems from being able to differentiate the two.  Like you said, in your country regular citizens do not have the right to carry an firearm...this of course is not the case in the US.  Now laws do differ from state to state and even within states...but some states have Open Carry, which means as long as the firearm is in plain view its legal to carry it in public (unless otherwise stated :examples being Schools, Government Buildings and private businesses that prohibit carrying inside).  Then of course you can obtain a CCL (Conceal Carry License) which allows you to carry a concealed firearm.  How you obtain this license also differs from state to state but usually consists of a training course and background check.
     So because there are people who do carry (legally) firearms the powers that be implemented regulations on toy guns as well.  Being they had to be something on them (either orange tip or the whole firearm being obviously painted as a toy) so Police, Citizens or anyone else would not mistake them for real.   Let's say a kid is in his front yard with an airsoft gun plinking away at paper targets and nosey Karen on the corner sees him standing there.  Well if its bright orange and clear she couldn't possibly mistake it for a real gun (or should be able to) but if its painted like real one..she could panic and call the cops...then all kinds of things could go wrong.  Unfortunately there are many people who have had no experience with firearms and freak out over even obvious toys.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2107 on: March 12, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »

Well said Darth Tepes.

I realized what I REALLY want to see. A lightsaber hilt laser sight, rail mounted on a rifle or undermounted on a pistol barrel. The thought occurred to me, and I don't know if it's been done before... it'd be perfect because the majority of lasersights on firearms are either red or green. I don't know why this came to me, but I very much want one now.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2108 on: March 12, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »

Somewhere out there is an anti-2A DA that is just itching to call the Nintendo Zapper Glock a concealed firearm or some nonsense.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2109 on: March 12, 2021, 03:27:25 PM »

Somewhere out there is an anti-2A DA that is just itching to call the Nintendo Zapper Glock a concealed firearm or some nonsense.

But it's soooo fun and educational.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2110 on: March 15, 2021, 11:26:06 AM »

I'm not surprised with this, lol. 

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2111 on: March 15, 2021, 01:11:17 PM »

Really, that Nintendo Zapper design just brings me back to the original movie Independence Day. When that little kid is outside going "bang bang" into the distance, and when asked what he was doing he replies "shooting at aliens!" with his toy. But similarly you see the news reports of citizens discharging firearms at the vessels which weren't doing much of anything... and the news is like "Please don't fire your guns at the spacecraft, we don't want to accidentally trigger an interplanetary war." Priceless. Makes me miss the 90's and the "bring it, I got somethin for you ET! Come play games on my planet with some invasion" mentality.

I know someone who'd build a nice Mando AR (long before the Mandalorian was a thing) in Boba Fett colors, I should trouble him for a photo to post...

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2112 on: March 18, 2021, 03:54:28 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehukpdse8_w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehukpdse8_w</a>

Droogs don't run

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #2113 on: March 21, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw&amp;feature=share</a>

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6EQQnkUGIk&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6EQQnkUGIk&amp;feature=share</a>

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXEK7rcqO-Y&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXEK7rcqO-Y&amp;feature=share</a>

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2114 on: March 21, 2021, 01:38:26 PM »

This is insane. And those slow motion shots were gold. Thanks for sharing.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 153   Go Up