Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 458448 times)
KyewReaver
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #1860 on: September 22, 2018, 11:33:47 AM »

there is a reason I have a bunch of them, I've got a clapped out Tula (it didn't have much rifling when I got it), a Tula Cavalry Rifle (about five inches or so shorter than the standard) that I bought to sporterize because I thought that it was already cut down post war and decided not to, an tula M44 that is terrifying and I've only put one round through it while sitting behind a sandbag wall, a Finnish M39 that is pretty accurate but very heavy, and a Chinese 91/30 copy that still had packing grease on it when I got it.

I love them, but most of the mosin rifles I have handled have been about as precise off of a rest as spitting at a target/

Sorry to hear that. That can definitely be the case with any rifle of questionable rifling though. My bore was black as homemade sin when I got it. Pitted badly once I got it clean. It was giving me 4 inch groups at 100 yds with milsurp ammo. I sporterized it (per the pic above) - thumbhole stock, Timney trigger, recoil pad, cheap bipod, etc. - and the groups shrunk to about 1.5 inches. Not a tack driver, but nice considering the shape the bore was in.

Incidentally, mine also went to Finland. It wasn't converted, but it has the proofmarks on it. Has brass sling swivels and stock fittings. Could never find the complete story behind it.

The Force is a tool with no will but that of its master, the same as a lightsaber. Good or evil comes from the entity using the tool, not the tool itself.

- Kyew Reaver

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #1861 on: September 22, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »

Well, the Chinese copy and the M39 are pretty good (about a 2.5-3 inch group at 100 yards, with hand loads), and I do know somebody who had one that was in *perfect* shape, I mean still in cosmoline, bright bore, and zero rust. Cycling the bolt was. . . dificult. . . until his uncle suggested using a swab soaked in kerosene to clean up the bolt and receiver. But it was precise. He also had one that made my tula 91/30 look minty.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

KyewReaver
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1862 on: September 23, 2018, 01:38:48 PM »

Cycling the bolt was. . . dificult. . . until his uncle suggested using a swab soaked in kerosene to clean up the bolt and receiver.

Pro tip on cleaning cosmoline... get a couple cans of brake cleaner. They have enough pressure in them to blow crap out of small crevices, and the brake solution makes cosmo turn to almost water. Take the action out of the stock first though.

To get cosmo out of wood stocks, this stuff works pretty good:
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/stock-work-finishing/stock-finish-strippers/old-fashioned-whiting-prod1133.aspx
My uncle has a method that I can't remember... something about toilet bowl cleaner. I never used it (which is why I can't remember it) but he swears by it, and he's been gunsmithing 20 years or so. I'll have to ask him about that again.

The Force is a tool with no will but that of its master, the same as a lightsaber. Good or evil comes from the entity using the tool, not the tool itself.

- Kyew Reaver

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1863 on: September 24, 2018, 11:14:42 PM »

Had a 91/30 I bought for $79.00 right after I turned 18 (It was MY first gun purchase) I sold it about 8 years later when I decided to move to Massachusetts (and I had a friend that really really wanted it, and since he gave me $160 for it, I felt I came out a winner.)  Fast forward 20 more years, I miss my 91/30... would love an M44, and in the back of the safe down at dads I've got two 440rd cans of Ukrainian MilSurp that I bought 25+ years ago that we found recently...  Now I really want another Mosin, since I have more ammo that I would conceivably shoot from it.

No, the ammo is not for sale... it is incentive to find the Mosin I want.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #1864 on: September 25, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »

I have been reloading the same hundred or so cases for the past few years, I don't shoot often so that works out for me.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

KyewReaver
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1865 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »

Had a 91/30 I bought for $79.00 right after I turned 18 (It was MY first gun purchase) I sold it about 8 years later when I decided to move to Massachusetts (and I had a friend that really really wanted it, and since he gave me $160 for it, I felt I came out a winner.)  Fast forward 20 more years, I miss my 91/30... would love an M44, and in the back of the safe down at dads I've got two 440rd cans of Ukrainian MilSurp that I bought 25+ years ago that we found recently...  Now I really want another Mosin, since I have more ammo that I would conceivably shoot from it.

No, the ammo is not for sale... it is incentive to find the Mosin I want.

Or upgrade and get a Dragunov! That's my next frivolous gun purchase. I've wanted one of those for a long time.

- Kyew Reaver

MatthijsR
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1866 on: October 04, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »

more gun lovers!

I got into shooting a few years ago (nearly 10, time flies) and been hooked ever since.
As per law we can only own 5 firearms heren and offcourse I have as many as I can legally have;

Bushmaster AR15
F-1 Fire Arms 3gun AR15
CZ Shadow 2
Heckler & Koch G36

Well I say I have as many as I can, but just sold my Glock to save up to get my hands on a Kriss Vector in 9mm.

Next week a friend and me are flying out to Kentucky to participate in the Blue Ridge Mountain 3gun shoot and visit the Knob Creek Machinegun shoot.
Can't wait. Oh yeah, somewhere between those 2 I'm picking up my first Ultrasaber from a friend (which I used as a postoffice to bypass the customoffice here, bunch of leechers)

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #1867 on: October 04, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »

Next week a friend and me are flying out to Kentucky to participate in the Blue Ridge Mountain 3gun shoot and visit the Knob Creek Machinegun shoot.

Jealous. Been wanting to get down there and see that, but seeing as it's 8 hours away, it's not exactly a day trip (night shoot is better anyway).

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1868 on: October 04, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »

So is this where I should post pics of my recently constructed Han Solo blaster (airsoft) or is this just for real guns?  And in case you were wondering no it is not from the other guys, I would not buy their overpriced third party stuff.  I put it together for under $20 and I think it looks real good but not meant to be a replica accurate depiction.  Let me know or if there is a more appropriate thread for Star Wars guns.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1869 on: October 04, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »

So is this where I should post pics of my recently constructed Han Solo blaster (airsoft) or is this just for real guns?  And in case you were wondering no it is not from the other guys, I would not buy their overpriced third party stuff.  I put it together for under $20 and I think it looks real good but not meant to be a replica accurate depiction.  Let me know or if there is a more appropriate thread for Star Wars guns.

Put it somewhere now! Anywhere!! I want to see!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1870 on: October 05, 2018, 04:02:06 AM »

Well then, here you go:

With the short clip

In my hand so you can get a size perspective.

I actually prefer it with the long clip.

The breakdown...

Toy replica WWII Broomstick Mauser: $5

Custom Blaster Muzzle: $12

Daisy scope: Free cause I had it already

Being able to run around shooting BB's after watching Solo:  PRICELESS

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1871 on: October 05, 2018, 08:18:39 AM »

Well then, here you go:

With the short clip

In my hand so you can get a size perspective.

The breakdown...

Toy replica WWII Broomstick Mauser: $5

Custom Blaster Muzzle: $12

Daisy scope: Free cause I had it already

Being able to run around shooting BB's after watching Solo:  PRICELESS
That is freaking awesome!! Great work. But yeah I would post it in the Cosplay section LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1872 on: October 05, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »

Great replica there, Edon. I like it

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #1873 on: October 05, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »

With the short clip

**sigh**

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1874 on: October 06, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

Well then, here you go:

NICE!
I think someone started an airsoft thread somewhere on here many moons ago, but since it technically fires projectiles, and it is a replica C96, I'm good with it here.
Besides, y'know... Han's blaster...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 153   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: