Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 453033 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2025 on: June 09, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »

Movie quotes is another thread LOL

What about Movie GUN quotes? Is that a thing?  Cheesy Cheesy

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2026 on: June 09, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »

Ooooo. I've seen my fair share of black marketed guns when I served

Well now you must elaborate!   Cool

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #2027 on: July 04, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »

I've got a fond Nerf memory to share....

A few years ago, after Christmas, I took my kids and a couple of my now 15 year old's friends to a nearby park where we had a Nerf war.  They had various guns that they had gotten as part of their Christmas haul, i was using two Slingfire rifles.

For those of you who don't know, the Slingfire loads its darts through a magazine, and it uses lever action to chamber a new round.

So anyways, my son and his friend come up on me after I've fire a couple of shots; they figure, "Ha, ha...he's got a Slingfire in each hand, how's he gonna reload?"  Not realizing that I, having grown up in the 80s and 90s, have seen way too many action movies.  I just make sure my hands are positioned right and snap the rifles down and up, *KA-CHACK!* and chamber new rounds one handed.

My son grabs his buddy by the shoulder, "RUN!  DAD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!"

Oh, man...we still laugh about that.... Cheesy

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #2028 on: July 04, 2020, 03:11:37 PM »

that is funny , yea us dads have a few tricks

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2029 on: July 04, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »

I've got a fond Nerf memory to share....

A few years ago, after Christmas, I took my kids and a couple of my now 15 year old's friends to a nearby park where we had a Nerf war.  They had various guns that they had gotten as part of their Christmas haul, i was using two Slingfire rifles.

For those of you who don't know, the Slingfire loads its darts through a magazine, and it uses lever action to chamber a new round.

So anyways, my son and his friend come up on me after I've fire a couple of shots; they figure, "Ha, ha...he's got a Slingfire in each hand, how's he gonna reload?"  Not realizing that I, having grown up in the 80s and 90s, have seen way too many action movies.  I just make sure my hands are positioned right and snap the rifles down and up, *KA-CHACK!* and chamber new rounds one handed.

My son grabs his buddy by the shoulder, "RUN!  DAD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!"

Oh, man...we still laugh about that.... Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8OsYE8kiqg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8OsYE8kiqg</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2030 on: July 04, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »

Hell, Chuck Conners was doing that with his Winchester on the Rifleman in the 50s.  My dad talked about seeing some ranchers doing that to when he was a kid before that.  I haven't found any info but it seems its been a "technique" for a while.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2031 on: July 11, 2020, 08:02:26 PM »

What about Movie GUN quotes? Is that a thing?  Cheesy Cheesy

You mean like this really good one from Harry Callahan?
"Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #2032 on: July 11, 2020, 09:14:12 PM »

Hell, Chuck Conners was doing that with his Winchester on the Rifleman in the 50s.  My dad talked about seeing some ranchers doing that to when he was a kid before that.  I haven't found any info but it seems its been a "technique" for a while.

Yeah, I knew Chuck did it before Ahnold.  It's a neat trick to watch, even better if you can do it.  I didn't do the full twirl, I just snapped them down then back up.  But it was very satisfying watching my kid panic, LOL.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2033 on: July 15, 2020, 11:50:57 PM »

So this could just as easily go in the venting thread. 

I own two shotguns and a scoped 30-06.

This weekend I had to call the sheriff about the large party going on at the Air B and B next door to me. It took them about two hours to show up. Mean while I had drunken idiots trespassing on our property. Stumbling through the woods,  coming to my house because we have a cellphone signal enhancer and their Facebook posts are all important.  I was pretty pissed. My wife and kid were really freaked out by the whole situation.  She gave me her consent to go and purchase a pistol.

I went to BassPro. They will only sell guns and ammunition by appointment!?! Three people behind the counter doing nothing and not a customer in sight.  "OK. Can I get an appointment?" The next available appointment is in August.  I hate California's stupid gun laws. They feel very unconstitutional to me. A two week wait to buy ammo even? Wtf!

So I went to a little mom and pop gun store. The guy in line in front of me, he waited two hours for one box of 45acp. They will only sell one box, of one type of ammo, per person, per day and that is only after a background check. So ridiculous.

Anyways.  In ten days I can go pick up my new Springfield Armory 1911 loaded target 9mm. I know, a 1911 in 9mm it's sacrilegious.  It was literally the last semi auto pistol they had in stock.  It was that or nothing. I feel lucky to have gotten it. I'll post a picture when I have it in hand.

I'm really starting to hate California. I've lived here my whole life and I'm about ready to move out of state. Thanks for reading.  Sorry for bitchin in this thread instead of venting elsewhere.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #2034 on: July 16, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »

This weekend I had to call the sheriff about the large party going on at the Air B and B next door to me. It took them about two hours to show up. Mean while I had drunken idiots trespassing on our property. Stumbling through the woods,  coming to my house because we have a cellphone signal enhancer and their Facebook posts are all important.  I was pretty pissed. My wife and kid were really freaked out by the whole situation.  She gave me her consent to go and purchase a pistol.

I went to BassPro. They will only sell guns and ammunition by appointment!?! Three people behind the counter doing nothing and not a customer in sight.  "OK. Can I get an appointment?" The next available appointment is in August.  I hate California's stupid gun laws. They feel very unconstitutional to me. A two week wait to buy ammo even? Wtf!

So I went to a little mom and pop gun store. The guy in line in front of me, he waited two hours for one box of 45acp. They will only sell one box, of one type of ammo, per person, per day and that is only after a background check. So ridiculous.

Anyways.  In ten days I can go pick up my new Springfield Armory 1911 loaded target 9mm. I know, a 1911 in 9mm it's sacrilegious.  It was literally the last semi auto pistol they had in stock.  It was that or nothing. I feel lucky to have gotten it. I'll post a picture when I have it in hand.

I'm really starting to hate California. I've lived here my whole life and I'm about ready to move out of state. Thanks for reading.  Sorry for bitchin in this thread instead of venting elsewhere.

I will simply state i agree

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2035 on: July 16, 2020, 12:32:43 PM »

Love this

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2036 on: July 16, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »

This weekend I had to call the sheriff about the large party going on at the Air B and B next door to me. It took them about two hours to show up. Mean while I had drunken idiots trespassing on our property. Stumbling through the woods,  coming to my house because we have a cellphone signal enhancer and their Facebook posts are all important.  I was pretty pissed. My wife and kid were really freaked out by the whole situation.  She gave me her consent to go and purchase a pistol.

I went to BassPro. They will only sell guns and ammunition by appointment!?! Three people behind the counter doing nothing and not a customer in sight.  "OK. Can I get an appointment?" The next available appointment is in August.  I hate California's stupid gun laws. They feel very unconstitutional to me. A two week wait to buy ammo even? Wtf!

Anyways.  In ten days I can go pick up my new Springfield Armory 1911 loaded target 9mm. I know, a 1911 in 9mm it's sacrilegious.  It was literally the last semi auto pistol they had in stock.  It was that or nothing. I feel lucky to have gotten it. I'll post a picture when I have it in hand.

I'm really starting to hate California. I've lived here my whole life and I'm about ready to move out of state. Thanks for reading.  Sorry for bitchin in this thread instead of venting elsewhere.

By appointment?  What the actual Hell.... and I was peeved about the waiting period in FL.  When I was 24 I bought my first handgun....Ruger .357.  I had rifles for hunting that were bought for me by my dad when I was younger but this was MY first gun...that I purchased with my money.  Proud moment I'm sure you all will agree.  I initially wanted a .45 but that gleaming hunk of steel called to me.  Back on point...I walked in and 4 hours later walked out with my new gun.  2 of those hours were just shooting the breeze with the owner.  Took no time for my background check to come back with no flags.  Is it alright to ask opinions here on a purchase?

You mean like this really good one from Harry Callahan?
"Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Wonder if Harry would carry the S&W 500 now a days

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #2037 on: July 16, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

Love this

I remember seeing T2 with my brother and parents when it came out, the audience was WHOOPING when Schwarzenegger did that twirl with the shotgun.

And can we all agree, that line from the Duke is one of the best ever?

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2038 on: July 16, 2020, 07:54:44 PM »

Is it alright to ask opinions here on a purchase?

Of course

You know it's kind of funny, I have a few acquaintances who are pretty anti-gun. You know the kind, the ones who always ask "Why would you ever need a gun? Just call the police!". Or the even more insufferable "Who needs an AR15 to hunt deer??"

Funny how things change. In the current state of civil unrest, damn near all of them have decided to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights for the first time only to find out that it isn't nearly as quick and easy as they have been told by the media and takes even more effort and expense to get a license to carry. These jokers have even asked ME if they could BORROW one of MY guns, LOL. I just channel Rorschach.

"All the anti-gunners will look up and shout 'GIVE US A GUN'

And I'll look down and whisper 'No.”

The only good to come out of 2020 so far has been that gun control efforts will be dead for another generation thanks to all this.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2039 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:24 PM »

I will simply state i agree

Agreed.

I also agree with our Lord Commander.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: