Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3  (Read 1707 times)
Darth Bats
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« on: September 08, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »

I received my Prophecy V3 on August 31st (only about a week after ordering it, so awesome delivery rate!) and as ever, I was greatly pleased. 

The only thing I have found even slightly inconvenient about it is the placement of the Covertech wheel.  The wheel seems to be placed most appropriately for a left-hand-dominant two-handed grip.  I am ambidexterous when it comes to swordplay and enjoy wielding a saber in each hand, however, when using a single blade in a two-handed grip, I, like most, tend to use a right-hand-dominant grip. 

I recommend any right-handed duelists request that the Covertech wheel be installed 180* out from the standard postiton when ordering a Prophecy saber.  This can most easily be done in the comments section when processing your order.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »

Good choice!  I would be inclined to agree about the covertec knob, except that I use this hilt primarily single handed... so I don't notice it at all.  Luckily you can remove the thing with a simple hex wrench, in case it really bothers you.  Personally I find the hilt too short to be a solid two hander, but I have somewhat large hands too.

Let's see some pics if you're able!

Jare Tal’onidir
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

I am a Jedi..but the Dark Side has the best toys!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »

This is going to be my next saber, and based on both your comments, the covertec knob will come off first thing.

My Sabers:
FO Aeon v2: DVA Prophecy v3; SY Consular; VA Nickle Monarch; AS Shock; BR Malishock, AB Graflex, PO Manticore FOC with Obsidian; CG Liberator AS FOC with Obsidian; and a GB Nickle Prophecy v3 with Obsidian

Darth Bats
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:51 AM »

There's nothing WRONG with the knob, I just think folks might want it on the other side, and can ask for an alternate placement as opposed to just removing it.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »

I'm not sure what you're talking about.. the Covertec wheel is installed for right handed wielders.. your main hand goes up top and your second hand (left) goes at the bottom and the wheel is on the side opposite your palm, where you would want it.. unless you want the wheel in your palm, but that's not comfortable at all and with it on the side with your fingers you can at least move one out of the way of the wheel... can you explain exactly what you are experiencing and why it's not working.. maybe pics?

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

I'm not sure what you're talking about.. the Covertec wheel is installed for right handed wielders.. your main hand goes up top and your second hand (left) goes at the bottom and the wheel is on the side opposite your palm, where you would want it.. unless you want the wheel in your palm, but that's not comfortable at all and with it on the side with your fingers you can at least move one out of the way of the wheel... can you explain exactly what you are experiencing and why it's not working.. maybe pics?

It depends on how you're holding the hilt, but when you hold it button forward the covertech knob is at the bottom left of the saber, right where your trailing hand would go.  Like I said it doesn't bother me much, because I don't even use it as a two hander, but for some it probably gets in the way.

Darth Bats
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »

Personally, I wield most of my sabers with the activator button in the hollow of my grip, just under my thumb and forefinger.  With a right-hand dominant, two handed grip, this puts the covertech wheel directly into the palm of my left hand, whereas, if it were 180* out, it would fall into the hollow of my left hand, just below my thumb and forefinger.  I'll work on getting some pics up after I get a decent camera.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: