Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anakin ROTS stunt (with graflex comparison)  (Read 3835 times)
sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« on: March 17, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

I received my latest saber purchase today.

An ANAKIN ROTS STUNT by my best saberfriends at Ultrasabers. It is absolutely a gorgeous saber and already my favourite belt hanger.
The color i selected was Arctic Blue since i didn't own that color yet and my mouse accidentaly stopped on that color while i was selecting colors for my order (the Force maybe?). The Arctic Blue was green when my saber arrived but that was easily solved with some sparkling new batteries. Damn that thing is bright. It lights the 36" ultraedge blade nice and even. Though i might cut down the blade a bit because of my short stature. 32" suits me as perfect and i keep hitting things with a longer blade.

The saber itself has a nice wheight to it and the shiney hilt really makes this an eye catcher. It is beautiful in both its wheight and size. I was at first a bit scared that it wouldn't be a nice hilt to duel with but i was relieved when i was proven wrong. The copper button on the back is exactly where the space between my index finger and thumb is and my little finger barely touches the controll box when i wrap my hand around the hilt. The hard rubber t-track grips ensure a great grip for the secundary hand and the covertec wheel doesn't get in the way while dueling and spinning.

Here are some pics.

the full hilt with flash

the full hilt without flash

A nice pic of the light coming from behind some greebles. (like neon, i love it)

Since i own a graflex unit i thought it would be fun to do a quick comparison.

So here are the emitters

The control/activation boxes

The mid sections

and finally the 2 of the most precious items in my collection

So overall I just love this saber. I ordered it as soon as it was available and i haven't been so hyped on a saber before.
verdict:

5/5

Special thanks to the guys at Ultrasabers for their patience and time with me. It has been a bumpy ride with this order but i am so glad its finally here.

MTFBWY

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »

Thanks for the review, glad you are happy with your stunt.  Its nice to be able to put the Anakin in people hands for a good price, these are going FAST!

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:31:15 PM »

Ahhh! Now I want one even MORE! lol I'd never seen a side by side of these with the actual graflex before. I was always worried the Anakin MR/Hasbro was bigger than it was supposed to be, but in your pics it looks like they're really about the same size all the way around. *sigh* I guess I know what's next on my list of US purchases now.... XD

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »

very nice review the MR/Hasbro Anakin and vader are the most accurate mass produced hilts, its nice to see a side by comparison

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:57:05 AM »

But I want a Luke, not an Anakin. lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »

How does the activation switch work on this?  Once it's converted, is it a momentary or is it a latching switch?  Do you press the strip itself down on the top or that s-curve shaped gold piece on the side of the strip?

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »

But I want a Luke, not an Anakin. lol.

You an' me both, Buddy. You an me both... lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »

How does the activation switch work on this?  Once it's converted, is it a momentary or is it a latching switch?  Do you press the strip itself down on the top or that s-curve shaped gold piece on the side of the strip?

Its a regular switch on the side. Push the curved piece up and the saber will activate and push it down to deactivate it.

You an' me both, Buddy. You an me both... lol

You can always buy this saber and do some slight cosmetic changes to make it Luke's saber. Canonwise this is the saber that Obi-wan gives to Luke Wink

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: