Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MY ARCHON V2! :D  (Read 5462 times)
weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: September 19, 2012, 02:16:36 AM »

OK, so it finally arrived! Smiley

Not that it took that long, it's just that I was massively impatient and wanted it straight away haha.

So I have to do a simple review, as I tried to join Photobucket and a few other sites to get some photos on here, but my computer apparently hates those sites, so it'll have to be just words for now. Although I'm going to film a video review very soon, comparing this awesome saber to my old Master Replicas ones.

The setup of this saber is as follows:

Archon v2 with Guardian Blue blade, UltraEdge Heavy Dueling blade, and Obsidian Sound. (no QD, no FoC)

Anyway, on to the review:

Purchase/Customer Service: 10/10

I was a bit of an idiot here, as I didn't select Quick Disconnect even though I really really wanted the option, because I didn't take the time to find out what "Quick Disconnect" actually meant. (you'd think it'd be at least a little bit obvious, but apparently not to me). I'm not going to deduct any points from US for that, as it was my own fault. The menu to select the options you want is clear and user friendly, and the guys respond to questions really quickly, and give as much information as they can. I know that being on the site, I'm preaching to the choir here, but the customer service provided by Ultrasabers is awesome.

Packaging/Shipping: 10/10

It took barely even a week to get here, and I live in Australia, so I was expecting at least 2 weeks or so. The packaging itself was great as well, really well protected and in perfect shape when I received it. What else is there to say in this category? Well packaged, fast shipping. Awesome.

Product: 10/10

This is my first purchase from Ultrasabers, so I didn't know what to expect. The pictures make the sabers look really huge, and kinda bulky. But my spirits soared as soon as I opened the package, and found a light, sleek saber hilt waiting for me to wield it. I absolutely love this hilt. It's light and simple, and perfect for one-handed dueling and spinning too. The design is simple, but still really nice to look at and very comfortable to hold. The choke is in the perfect position, and the perfect thickness, for one-handed dueling, but for those who prefer two-handed, the bottom half of the saber has more than enough room to accommodate two hands.

The LED is massively bright, the sound is awesomely loud, and the Covertec clip works really well.  I bought a Catalyst pommel, and have replaced the Archon pommel with it, and I think it looks really nice, although I do love the Archon pommel. I have spent ages just staring at it, taking the blade off and putting it back on, and turning it on and swinging it around like a lunatic.

This is a great first saber, I'm really, really glad I got it. My only regret is that I didn't order it with QD, but I'm going to get everything I need to install that myself quite soon, so it's not even that big a deal. Having seen their work first hand, I can now put complete confidence in Ultrasabers to provide the best sabers at a great price, and I can't wait to get more!

The only problem that remains is trying to decide what order to buy them in!

Thanks heaps Ultrasabers, I'm gonna post a video review soon. 10/10!

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR
*US Archon v2, GB with Catalyst Pommel
*Master Replicas Mace Windu
*Master Replicas Anakin ROTS
*Hasbro Darth Vader removable blade

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Currently working on two custom sabers.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:54 AM »

Congrats on the purchase! 

The Archon is the most favored saber in my arsenal.  In addition to the points you made, which I totally agree with, there it's versatility!  It is one of only two (I believe) models that UltraSabers offers that are MHS interchangeable on the pommel, hilt, AND emitter.  This allows for a wide variety of configurations which, when combined with the option to change out the LED unit, gives you the ability to turn it into a totally different saber.  Depending on how many MHS compatible parts you obtain, you can turn it into a number of different sabers!

In fact, with my original Archon purchase, I bought a vented coupler (to change out the neck which allows light to come through), and a War Glaive emitter.  Each of these adds a really cool twist to the saber.  I also recently purchased an additional emitter, and a different (more streamlined) coupler, which give me even more flexibility.  I plan to post pictures of these as soon as I can, but I wanted to give you a handle on the depth of coolness that you have unlocked with the purchase of this particular saber!  My next purchase for it will be an Arctic Blue LED unit, to swap out the Blazing Red one that it came with, to take it from the Dark, to the Light side at will.  Surely, the epitome of saber goodness!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:25 AM »

Yeah, I definitely agree with you Abraxus, I'm well aware of how ridiculously versatile the Archon is. Right now I've just made a small change, with the Catalyst pommel replacing the Archon one. But I'm going to install an MLS unit so I can swap out colours too, and I'm going to be buying a bunch of MHS parts very soon.

I probably should have mentioned that in my review, the fact that because it's so simple and compatible with MHS, there are SO many options for customizing it. Smiley I'm really excited to get a lot more of the MHS pieces and make my Archon truly my own.

I'm looking at getting the silver War Glaive emitter with some black claws, although I might only use one or two claws in total, I love that look. And I'm definitely looking at getting a vented coupler as well, they look awesome.

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »

Nice. Can't wait to see your Archon V2. Depending on what you feel like, the Classic or Old Republic Jedi would suit the saber best for custom sound fonts. Did you make sure to get the mini usb cable for that?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

Nice. Can't wait to see your Archon V2. Depending on what you feel like, the Classic or Old Republic Jedi would suit the saber best for custom sound fonts. Did you make sure to get the mini usb cable for that?

I rather like the default Obsidian for a good Luke ROTJ font, but there are others out there that work very well too.  Also, for the USB cable you can use any mini-USB such as ones for MP3 players (that's what I generally use) or even PS3 charging cords.

Very nice choice, I quite like the Archon.  One day I'll have to add it to my collection, but for now I'll just drool over all the ones on here Wink

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »

Congrats on the Archon! It is my DREAM Ultra Saber... oh well.. someday Tongue

Though, I do have it's predecessor Wink

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »

I cannot wait to see the pics.  Like Master Nero, I want to add that saber to my collection as my first was the Archon V1.  Gotta keep the family together you know.  Trying to decide whether to save my money to get the Archon or go Microwaving and get a Grab Bag now.

Thanks for sharing the review.  Makes me want it even more now.

Great choice on the setup as well. 

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »

Smiley wow, I knew the Archon was awesome, I had no ideae you guys love it this much though!

I'll definitely post pics soon, can I just ask though, is there any way to post pics without them being on any website? I'm really awful at this kind of thing, this is pretty much the first proper forum I've ever been on, so yeah.

But I'm definitely gonna post a video review, since I do actually already have a YouTube account haha.

And yeah, I've already got a mini USB cable, they're not too hard to come by, like Nero said, any mini USB cable will do, and I've had about 5 of them for ages.

The one thing I don't have, though, is a computer haha. I'm just using my work computer at the moment, so I can't really bring in my saber to install sounds and stuff, but I'm really happy with the Obsidian, it goes well with the Archon (especially with a GB blade), so for now I don't need to change it anyway, but I'm getting a computer soon so I'll definitely fiddle around with different fonts then. Smiley

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:20:16 AM »

I'll definitely post pics soon, can I just ask though, is there any way to post pics without them being on any website? I'm really awful at this kind of thing, this is pretty much the first proper forum I've ever been on, so yeah.

not really. But, it's pretty easy to make a photobucket account or just use tinypic.com and you can upload the pics (one at a time unfortunately with this site), copy the URL for the pic and click on the insert image button or type [img*][/img*] (minus the * symbols) and past the URL in the middle of the "][".

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »

OK, I have pictures! Cheesy

So, when I first opened the package:

Then when I had them both out (I bought a Consular for my brother, I didn't put it in the review because once I'd seen it I just put it straight back into the packaging to keep it looking awesome):

Then, of course, I turned them on:

Then I compared my Archon v2 to the old Master Replicas Anakin (one guess which one I love more):

Seriously, look at the difference in brightness. It's ridiculous how awesome Ultrasabers is.

And then, this is my Archon the way I have it currently, with the Catalyst pommel:

Hope you like the pics, I'll do a video review very shortly. Smiley

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »

Very nice!  I love that you have blue on the Archon, that always reminds me of the "Revenge of the Jedi" setup for Luke's second lightsaber (which was going to be blue, but later changed to green).

You can see it in this trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXTLd_aspE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXTLd_aspE</a>

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

Well, that pretty much settles it: I need me one of these bad boys in VA.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »

Nero, you get a point simply for giving me that awesome trailer!!!!  Nothing like seeing the ROTJ saber in blue.  I thought I was doing pretty good to be holding onto some books that had Revenge of the Jedi and then you give me this.  Well played brother, well played.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

I pointed you as well, Nero.

I have only heard about that trailer, but never thought I would see it.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

Awesome Trailer!! I like the way it looks in blue. point from me too

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*