Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Video Game?  (Read 14856 times)
weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: September 19, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »

OK, so I don't know how many of you have heard of Star Wars 1313 (I'm assuming everyone), but it's impending release prompts me to ask the question:

What would your PERFECT Star Wars Video Game be?

Anything goes here, so it could even just be an existing game with a few changes made, or an old game made for modern consoles/with modern graphics, or a completely new game, or an EU storyline made into a game...

The possibilities are endless.

Mine would be a single player (I don't like MMOs, otherwise I'd be spending all my time playing The Old Republic) RPG where you play through the life of a Jedi around the time of the Clone Wars and after, where the intro of the game would be training as a youngling in the temple, and then surviving Order 66, and then trying to get in touch with other Jedi and trying to avoid the empire (my favourite time period within the Star Wars universe is the years between episode 3 and episode 4, I love thinking about what I would do if I'd survived order 66 as a Jedi).

It would be open world, pretty much think Skyrim, but in the Star Wars universe, so you'd be able to create and customize your character. You'd be able to travel to other planets whenever you want, as after Order 66 you acquire a ship. You can choose your own path after Order 66, whether you abandon the morals of the Jedi code in favour of taking revenge on the empire, using your abilities and powers to become a damn good bounty hunter, or trying to restart your own Jedi Order.

I would literally never play any other game if that came out haha.

So... Your turn!

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR
*US Archon v2, GB with Catalyst Pommel
*Master Replicas Mace Windu
*Master Replicas Anakin ROTS
*Hasbro Darth Vader removable blade

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Currently working on two custom sabers.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

Mine would Star Wars Galaxies 2. possibly taking place during episodes 1-3. And a nice new set of beautiful graphics. And NOT dumbed down like the NGE made it. I'm talking Pre-NGE, Pre-CU (CU wasnt as bad as NGE but still), but with better graphics and some cool features they added on in later years like flying your ship in the planets atmosphere and landing it and such.

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

KotOR 3, instead of SW:TOR

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »

Hmmm good question.  I would personally like to play something that's between Jedi Academy (JK3) and The Force Unleashed in terms of gameplay, but set during the New Jedi Order series.  Fighting Yuuzhan Vong as my favorite EU characters?  Totally badass.

Of course, something set during the OT would be awesome too, I'd love to be able to play through classic moments in the movies.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »

A new x-wing game. Not that garbage rogue squadron starfox with a starwars skin.

But another well done with modern graphics xwing starwars game, that takes you all through the war after palpatines death untill the truce is signed with the imperial remnant.

Or better yet, one that takes place during the vong war, i really would love to blast a few coralskippers.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

Hmmm good question.  I would personally like to play something that's between Jedi Academy (JK3) and The Force Unleashed in terms of gameplay, but set during the New Jedi Order series.  Fighting Yuuzhan Vong as my favorite EU characters?  Totally badass.

Oh man, a Vong-killing game would be ridiculously amazing. On a similar note, I actually think that a FOTJ-based game would be awesome. Some mystery elements, general creepiness, a cosmic storyline and epic action.

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

Oh man, a Vong-killing game would be ridiculously amazing. On a similar note, I actually think that a FOTJ-based game would be awesome. Some mystery elements, general creepiness, a cosmic storyline and epic action.

Truth!  Or maybe they can just make a series... starting with NJO.

First game:  New Jedi Order
Second game:  Dark Nest
Third game:  Legacy of the Force
Fourth game:  Fate of the Jedi

The cool part about FotJ is that they probably wouldn't have as many characters to focus on... but then again I think it'd be fun to play as all different characters in NJO.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »

Battlefront 3

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »

Truth!  Or maybe they can just make a series... starting with NJO.

First game:  New Jedi Order
Second game:  Dark Nest
Third game:  Legacy of the Force
Fourth game:  Fate of the Jedi

The cool part about FotJ is that they probably wouldn't have as many characters to focus on... but then again I think it'd be fun to play as all different characters in NJO.

Heck yeah! So Mother/Abeloth would be not only the final boss of that game, but the final boss of the entire series.... that seems fitting.

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »

Heck yeah! So Mother/Abeloth would be not only the final boss of that game, but the final boss of the entire series.... that seems fitting.

It would make a pretty mean buildup, although it would be a little tough to even out the various games.  You'd have a MASSIVE NJO game, then a teeny Dark Nest one, then a mid sized LotF lol

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »

i would actually like to see in a jedi based game, things going on with other characters before the vongese ware as well, the galaxy didnt revolve around the skywalkers, im sure guys like corran and kyp got up to some interesting antics in the years leading up to the war

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

i would actually like to see in a jedi based game, things going on with other characters before the vongese ware as well, the galaxy didnt revolve around the skywalkers, im sure guys like corran and kyp got up to some interesting antics in the years leading up to the war

Yeah I was always a bit disappointed at how little those characters really play into things.  They do have bigger parts in various parts of NJO, but past that they're just part of the Council... which basically means they sit in their temple and deliberate lol

Some character development of them would be nice, and playing as them would be AWESOME.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »

All good suggestions. Personally, I would like a real multiplayer simulator setup. Your controller is an X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE, etc cockpit and you fly your missions with the actual controls. I'd want to play that every day. Heck, I'd wear the gear while I played.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »

All good suggestions. Personally, I would like a real multiplayer simulator setup. Your controller is an X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE, etc cockpit and you fly your missions with the actual controls. I'd want to play that every day. Heck, I'd wear the gear while I played.

hah, you and me both, full on simulators like they describe in the books
thats what i want

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »

Somehow I knew you'd understand. Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print