Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dando Khann  (Read 2512 times)
Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« on: March 19, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »

Well, I know it's later than I had expected, but there was unexpected stuff that came up.  Anyways, here's Dando Khann's character story, as requested.

Dando Khann sat patiently in a bar on Nar Shaddaa, waiting for his quarry to arrive.  He peered silently at the bar’s patrons from under his dark hood, his face concealed by it’s cowl.  Although the atmosphere in the bar was dingy with smoke, his lungs were clear, thanks to a Force technique he’d developed for the purpose.  A serving droid scooted past, depositing a drink on the table in front of him, but he let it sit there, having bought it only to keep the bartender off his back.  A cheer went up from the patrons, but he ignored the commotion, sensing that it was in response to the sport being broadcast on several of the holoscreens throughout the barroom.
   Then the man he was after walked into the bar, nonchalantly tossing a credit chip to the bartender and taking a seat.  A rather tall Barabel, he towered over the other patrons, dwarfing Dando as well.  A huge blaster hung from his holster, and his belt carried a wide array of grenades and thermal detonators.  Dando instinctively reached for his lightsaber, but stopped when he remembered that he had left it on his ship, due to the mistrust of Jedi that had cropped up recently.  Instead, he rose and picked up his drink.  He walked over to the Barabel and sat down next to him.
   “Don’t you know not to bother Barabels when they’re having a bad day?”  The reptile snarled, turning red eyes on the human beside him.  Dando smiled, the edges of his mouth dissapearing behind his hood.
   “Maybe so.  Don’t you know not to steal when a Jedi’s watching?”  He returned, throwing back his hood.
   The Barabel surged to his feet, quickly drawing his blaster, but Dando merely waved his hand and the weapon sparked with electricity, scorching it’s owner’s hand.  Then he flew at the overgrown lizard, lightning crackling around his fists as he pummeled the thief into submission.  When he was done, the Barabel lay on the floor unconscious, and he retrieved the very human-sized wallet from the lizard’s pocket.  Then he walked calmly back out to his speeder and stepped in before gunning the engine and skimming over to where he’d left the victim.
   “Here you go.  Be more careful next time.”  He called as he tossed the wallet to it’s owner, waiting until the man had ducked into a doorway before speeding onward.
     He shot through the cityscape, ducking under bridges and around towers towards the spaceport where his ship was docked.  Keying a command on his speeder’s console, he looked ahead to see his ship’s autopilot lift off and hover with the hatch open so that he could park his speeder in it’s bay.  Letting the force guide him, he slid into the bay and leapt out while the hatch was still cycling closed.
   Dando dropped down from the speeder, landing softly on the bay floor.  Then he strode through the blast doors and removed his boots before stepping onto the plush blue carpet that lined the floors of his ship.  As the door closed behind him, he stood in the antechamber of his flying home and sighed in contentment.  He left the flying to his droid pilot, preferring to spend the large amount of time aboard meditating and relaxing.  And learning.  He glanced over at the training room, a blend of light and dark colors reflecting the training that took place within.  Tossing his heavy cloak onto it’s hanger, he moved into the training room and sat in the center.  There was a white and black pattern on the floor, swirling around the room before converging on a three-foot wide grey circle where Dando sat.  Along the sides of the room were four pedestals, either white or black marble, and atop these pedestals sat four holocrons.  Two of them were of Jedi origins, while the other two were distinctly darker.
   These were his teachers, from which he had learned everything he knew about the Force, and now he reached out with the force, accessing their knowledge and letting it flow over him in alternating waves of black and light energy.  Slowly, he pushed their waves together, smoothing it out as he balanced himself, resulting in a grey mist that floated through the room.  He levitated,  relishing the power that washed over him, countless techniques flashed before his eyes as he saw all the known ways of manipulating the Force.
   Opening his eyes, he saw his lightsaber floating through the air before him, dissembled but still functioning, arcs of energy pouring between the focusing crystals before coalescing into a sapphire blade at the emitter.  Grunting ruefully, he pushed the saber back together and reattached it to his belt.  He tried to slip back into meditation, but his concentration eluded him, so he stood up and left the room, allowing the holocrons to collapse into themselves again.
   Striding from the room, he moved to the cockpit to check in on his droid companion.  Based on the design of the Magnaguard droids, M-T67 was his advisor, pilot, cook, and friend.  The droid turned to look at him, his chest photoreceptor remaining fixed on the viewport.
   “Hey Matt.  Where’re we headed now?”  Dando leaned against the doorframe and stared at the disorienting hyperspace sky.
   “Not too far from here, actually.  Received a distress call from some traders who’ve been attacked by Hutts.  I thought you’d be willing to help.”  The droid turned back to his controls.
   “Sounds good.  It’s been a while since I’ve fought the Hutts.  I really ought to do it more often.”  Dando grinned a bit, remembering how much enjoyment he got out of seeing the Hutt’s reaction when their prey slipped through their coils.
   “Very well.  We should come out of hyperspace in fifteen minutes.”  Matt keyed a few buttons while he spoke.
   Dando nodded absently and turned back to his quarters, suddenly hungry as his meditation stasis wore off.  He walked into the kitchen, and pulled open the cupboards, rummaging for something to eat.  Mentally shrugging, he threw together a sandwich and plopped into a seat while he munched on it.  Soon a soft tone sounded throughout the cabin, signaling their imminent emergence from hypespace.  He brushed the crumbs from his robe and stood.
   Walking to the window, he watched the starlines appear and collapse back into stars, silhouetting several small cruisers hovering near a damaged freighter.  Dando’s brow furrowed as he took in the remains of the space battle.  A body bumped against the viewport, and he brushed it away from his view, his anger rising.  Dark lightning sparked from his fingertips, but he quelled it, instead reaching for his lightsaber.  Holding the dead hilt in one hand, he reached out with the Force towards the ships, sensing which one the Hutt sat in.  The others he crumpled mercilessly, but the Hutt would be taken care of personally.  He drew the ship closer to his, gripping it firmly despite the pilot’s attempts to break free with the thrusters.  When Matt had connected the boarding airlock with theirs and applied the clamps, he released the ship, confident that it was immobilized.
   Striding to the airlock, he activated it, igniting his saber’s deep blue blade.  Five guards were waiting for him on the other side, holding vibro-axes warily against him.  Dando Khann, Dark Jedi, sneered disdainfully and charged.  He sliced easily through their axes, decapitating several at one stroke, and taking off another’s arms with the next.  His forward momentum carried him past them, and the last remaining guard fired his blaster at the receding figure.  Dando whirled his saber behind his back, and the bolt reflected into the guard’s chest.
   He moved inexorably through the corridors, cutting down guards almost faster than they could throw themselves at him.  Never stopping, he relentlessly cut through doors and walls when he needed to, and eventually stood before the Hutt in the audience chamber.  The courtiers fled, some screaming, from the room, but Dando ignored most of them only cutting down the most annoying.  Soon the room was silent except for the hum of his saber, and he turned to face the fat worm on his pedestal.
   “Chuba doompa--”  The Hutt’s insult choked off as Dando applied pressure with the Force.  It writhed in agony, and Dando intensified his assault, lightning flickering around the worm’s neck where the choke was implemented.
   “I hate Hutts.”  Dando said, releasing the flabby body.  “Disgusting creatures with no sense of justice.”  Then he turned and strode from the room, throwing bodies out of his way.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:16:24 AM »

Oooh, dark. Grin Nice piece a writing! I like the idea of a justice seeking dark sider. Somewhat original, and unique. A good read!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:54 AM »

"I HATE HUTTS."

Thumbs up for the quote!

DandoKhaan
Knight Officer

Vibro Squad Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:37:21 AM »

this is freaking awesome!!!!!! this is exactly how i imagined my charecter. Grin and you made him such a bad-ass  Cool that i want jump in the air and shout. you have some serious talent!!!! keep on writing, cuz dude, you rock!!!!! Grin

Vibro Squad leader, boards are green and weapons are hot

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »

(Bows humbly)  Thank you.  I'm considering continuing this, just because it's so fun to write a total bada$$.  However, I'm worried that if I keep writing I'll ruin this magnificent piece.

DandoKhaan
Knight Officer

Vibro Squad Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »

you couldn't ruin this if you spent every day of your life trying Grin
so my advice, keep on writin!!!!

Vibro Squad leader, boards are green and weapons are hot

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: