Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Dark War Glaive  (Read 13394 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« on: March 19, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »

Dark War Glaive.  Discuss.

Smiley

https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt-DarkWarGlaive

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:03:14 PM »

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:06:23 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Darth Luran
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »

No vid?

Looks good Deep!

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:47:01 PM »

its so beautiful! Cry  really cool that you give us an option on what color claws we can get, either  way its a beast of a saber Cool

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »

(jaw drops)  I want one.  Now.  But which one to get... black claws, or silver claws?  Could I order an extra set of claws so I can switch 'em?

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

(jaw drops)  I want one.  Now.  But which one to get... black claws, or silver claws?  Could I order an extra set of claws so I can switch 'em?
yeah i second this question it would be pretty sweet to have both colors

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »

The sticker shock on an extra set of claws might be more than yall are used to seeing on our site.  They are quite an expensive component on this saber and we don't have a lot of extra ones made.  These are not stamped metal; the claws are very thick for durability reasons and have to be individually cut on a water jet.  It's a pretty time consuming operation.

Our cost outlays for a hilt come as a unit, not by individual part, so I can't give you a firm price right now.  We'll crunch the numbers and let yall know, and we'll try to make the cost as reasonable as possible, but knowing what I know about machining costs, I don't see how they would be less than $6 a claw  Undecided

As for a video, I'll be making one Monday.  Got some cool things to show yall.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 02:26:56 AM »

Holy cow time to start saving for this bad boy right here im gettin this with sound too! Love it!!  Grin

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Xaelk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 04:45:38 AM »

This would be beautiful without the claws! would that be possible? would it cut down on the price if it is possible?

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »

Oh, why don't you twist my rubber arm?
I remember hearing something about a possible collector's version with blue or red handle- if that's happening, I might hold off- I've got an idea for an NYC-inspired saber, incorporating the colours of the NYC flag- white, blue, and orange. Blue handle with silver(white) accents and orange blade, or perhaps blue and orange hilt with white blade.

But that black and silver is just siiick, I like it!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »

Not gonna lie, I like the Dark Glaive better than the regular! Especially with the silver claws!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

The sticker shock on an extra set of claws might be more than yall are used to seeing on our site.  They are quite an expensive component on this saber and we don't have a lot of extra ones made.  These are not stamped metal; the claws are very thick for durability reasons and have to be individually cut on a water jet.  It's a pretty time consuming operation.

Our cost outlays for a hilt come as a unit, not by individual part, so I can't give you a firm price right now.  We'll crunch the numbers and let yall know, and we'll try to make the cost as reasonable as possible, but knowing what I know about machining costs, I don't see how they would be less than $6 a claw  Undecided

As for a video, I'll be making one Monday.  Got some cool things to show yall.
  i wouldn't mind paying $24-$50 for four claws i remember TCSS offering claws in the past for a short time and they are quite rare i'am sure other people/sabersmiths would like the claws to customize other sabers as well Smiley

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 11:08:55 PM »

NICE!! still out of my price range right now, but a guy can dream right??   I will also have to through my two cents in here. I like both the silver and the black claws, but I think two black and two silver alternating on the emitter would be SWEET!!!

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Get it?

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »

Wow! almost makes me wish i waited instead of jumping on the original War Glaive... almost.  If i can get money and a coupler, this will make a great contrast staff!

Family Arsenal
Me:
War Glaive - MLS units: VA, SD
Luke ROTJ conversion - Consular Green
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!
2 of my own builds. (third in the works)

My wife:
Collector's Edition Prophecy - Consular Green
1 custom build in the works (Double bladed, Pink and Purple)

DarthJalovick
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

There is no pain where strength lies.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 04:38:32 AM »

Does a coupler work with the War Glaive? Cuz I would love a Dark War Glaive staff with silver claws Cheesy

Victory without honor is empty and hollow.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: