Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Phantom V3 LE BR/VA Review  (Read 1357 times)
Dalian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Dark Side Points Please

« on: September 29, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »

Here's my review of my new Phantom V3 LE saberstaff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIp6mGf6Xmg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIp6mGf6Xmg</a>

This saber is just awesome, I've been using it all week and just loving it.  Most of my opinions about the saber are included in the video, but here are the highlights:

Specs:
Phantom V3
Blade LED Color:Blazing Red
Blade 2 Color:Violet Amethyst
Blade Length:Standard 32"
Blade Option:Mid Grade
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Staff Setup with BuckPuck (4x Batteries & 2x Universal Chargers Included)
Hilt 1 Model:Limited Edition (LE) Version
Hilt 2 Model:Limited Edition (LE) Version
Blade Tip::Round Tip
Coupler:Standard Pommel (No Sound)
Hilt 1 Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound)
Hilt 2 Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound)

Here's the ratings:
Hilt: 10/10
Looks great, feels great, both separated and connected

Blade: 9.75/10
This may be slightly my fault, and may be slightly UPS's fault, but one of my blades is slightly indented on one side where the retention screw is, fixed it with a quarter turn in the hilt, also planning on getting an extra blade, just in case.  Other than that, super sturdy and super bright.

LED Color:
BR 10/10 Absolutely brilliant, "Blazing" is probably the best description of it. 
VA 9/10 It's definitely purple when alone, but a bit more toward the DVA side of the spectrum than the BH, and next to the BR it's a bit too blue, but I have some LEE filters on the way.  Both are extremely bright and can illuminate entire rooms.

Overall: 9.75/10
This saber makes me really happy, and is just one of the greatest things I own right now.  Other than the blade color being a little off, this saber is perfect, and definitely won't be my last.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:39:20 AM by Dalian » Logged

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR/VA Phantom LE V3

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:23:41 AM »

Great review.  I am 5'11" and it is nice to know that the 32" blades would make a staff that I would be able to wield nicely as well.  My hold up with getting a staff in the past was not being able to determine whether to go 32 or 24 on the blades.  Now I have my answer.  Point to you for helping me.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Dalian
Knight Officer

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »

Just an update, here's what i've done with the VA blade

The pictures actually do it a lot of justice

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »

Very nice setup. Looks quite good.
Glad to know how it works with shouldered people like us.

Thanks!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Dalian
Knight Officer

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:22:17 AM »

No problem, I know it's a tough decision that's not talked about too much on the forums here, I actually made a mockup of the hilt with some cardboard for the sizing for my shoulders, then took a tape measure and measured out approximates for the total length of the sabers (all the sabers, initiate w/ 24, initiate w/ 32, standard w/ 24, standard w/ 32, standard w/ 36) before I started choosing details like color and blade type etc.

If you have large hands and/or broad shoulders I would definitely go with the standard, you just get a lot more room to work with, then base the blade length off your hight.  I'm pretty sure if you asked nicely US would cut your blades to 30" or 34" if you would feel more comfortable with that.  I will also say that the 32" blade is great for single saber stuff too, the balance is nice and I can move the blade very efficiently around my body and it feels like a good comfortable length.  That being said, I havent used a 36" blade yet, but I have one on the way in the form of a grab bag. I will give a comparison when that comes in.

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »

You mentioned thinking it would be interesting seeing an initiate staff with the 32" blades and that's exactly what I have ordered and in production right now. Well that and a couple other sabers lol. But I'll put a review up comparing it to some other sabers. Look for it in the next week or so!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Dalian
Knight Officer

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »

You mentioned thinking it would be interesting seeing an initiate staff with the 32" blades and that's exactly what I have ordered and in production right now. Well that and a couple other sabers lol. But I'll put a review up comparing it to some other sabers. Look for it in the next week or so!

Cool!  yeah, I feel like it might be a bit more nimble, seeing as it's a bit lighter and a bit shorter, but like I said, I have wide shoulders and large hands, so the amount of space I get with the standard is very comfortable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: