Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultra Edge Blade or Heavy Blade  (Read 9121 times)
quillen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »

thanks hobb

André Fava
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 04:30:20 AM »

nice duel guys  Shocked

i think i get the point now

but which one is brighter?
ultra edge or heavy blade?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:47:12 AM »

I like the mid grade, because I think it feels the way a Lightsaber is supposed to feel. The blade is supposed to be weightless. The mids are relatively so compared to the hilt. And from what I hear you have to TRY to brake mid grade blade. Like beat a lamp post with it to get it to brake. Other than that I've heard they only brake if you duel hard and only after you've been using it for a while, and wear it down. And manufacturer defect of coarse.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:01 AM »

Hmm, I would have to say  I like the heavy duty blades better. Ultraedge is great, just doesn't have that flare that I like. Got a standard issue saber with a heavy duty blade and a blue LED, and wow is it bright. Love it. Mid grade and anything else just doesn't work for me. I do a lot of dueling and about three or four of my blades have bent almost in half on me while a couple more (might be some that have bent too) have lost the tips. But, the heavy duty, though it has some scratches and dings in it, has yet to let me down.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 11:00:49 AM »

Hi

wich one of this two is better to make duel?

what is the diference of them?

there is someone with pics of the two blades with the leds on?
so i can see the diference?

and i have a mid-grade blade, its ok to duel with one of this two? heavy or ultra edge?

thanks

I highly insist on using heavy grade blades as a staple whambamthankyouslam recommendation since filming saberdueling matches with these produces a vintage SW episodes IV to VI vintage scifi lighting visuals on photos and vids from having the light bound at a calculated borderline surface of the polycarbonate, instead of an ultraedge that lets the light completely engulf the whole blade, making it look like a regular dim flash beam on photos and vids, imo.

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Atanvarno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 12:11:13 PM »

the question is not whether you should use ultraedge or midgrade for dueling. Ultraedge is a different blade in nature not in its sturdiness.
Basically, Ultrasabers offers 4 types of blades.
1.Standard Midgrade
2.Heavy Midgrade
3.Ultraedge standard
4.Ultraedge Heavy Grade

Ultraedge Heavy Grade is the most sturdy, has the most weight and is the best for heavy dueling. You should NOT duel with the standards blades, if you go heavy dueling. Standard blades ar good for shows, for light dueling, but they will break if you are into heavy dueling. Not to mention that they WILL definitly brake if you use a stardard migrade vs. a heavy grade blade.
The difference between Standard blades (types 1 and 2 in my post) and Ultra Edge blades (types 3 and 4) is the way that the lights travel to the blade. UltraEdge blade are bright, and the blade has a more "full" aspect. it is illuminated uniformly. Standard Blades have a film inside them that helps reflect the light, they tend  to be brighter, but only the first part of the blade, the light tend to dim close to the tip of the blade.
Bottom line, if you are into heavy dueling, definitly go with a UE Heavy Grade.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

the question is not whether you should use ultraedge or midgrade for dueling. Ultraedge is a different blade in nature not in its sturdiness.
Basically, Ultrasabers offers 4 types of blades.
1.Standard Midgrade
2.Heavy Midgrade
3.Ultraedge standard
4.Ultraedge Heavy Grade

Ultraedge Heavy Grade is the most sturdy, has the most weight and is the best for heavy dueling. You should NOT duel with the standards blades, if you go heavy dueling. Standard blades ar good for shows, for light dueling, but they will break if you are into heavy dueling. Not to mention that they WILL definitly brake if you use a stardard migrade vs. a heavy grade blade.
The difference between Standard blades (types 1 and 2 in my post) and Ultra Edge blades (types 3 and 4) is the way that the lights travel to the blade. UltraEdge blade are bright, and the blade has a more "full" aspect. it is illuminated uniformly. Standard Blades have a film inside them that helps reflect the light, they tend  to be brighter, but only the first part of the blade, the light tend to dim close to the tip of the blade.
Bottom line, if you are into heavy dueling, definitly go with a UE Heavy Grade.

Good try but incorrect.

1. Ultra-edge mid-grade = trans-white 1/16 inch walled blade. Known outside US as white thin walled.
2. Ultra-edge heavy-grade = trans-white  1/8 inch walled blade. Known outside US as white thick walled.
3. Standard mid-grade = clear 1/16 inch walled blade . Known outside US as clear thin walled.
4. Standard heavy-grade = clear 1/8 inch walled blade. Known outside US as clear thick walled.

The only difference between ultra-edge and standard is the color, white vs. clear.
Mid-grade blades  are suitable for spinning tricks and light contact.
Heavy-grade blades are suitable for full contact combat sparring and advanced full speed contact choreography and just about any amount of beating one can apply. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 08:37:58 PM »

there's a sticky post about the blade differences on the general US forum group by Deep.

Ultra Edge has nothing to do with Heavy blade.

UE or nonUE is the type of film and whitish coloring of the blade, which tends to work better with secondary colors (2 LEDs to make the color).
Primary colors (Red, Green, Blue) tend to look better with nonUE (the clear polycarbonate blades).  UE reduces the total light coming from the emitter, but diffuses it better/differently than nonUE.

Mid Grade  and Heavy Grade has to do with the thickness of the blade wall.  HG is twice the thickness of MG and is obviously stronger.
Because of that thickness, it will reduce how much light is emitted compared to MG (by a slight amount). 

As two separate attributes, you can get these combinations:
UE MG
UE HG
nonUE MG
nonUE HG

If you're just twirling and/or doing light combat, MG is a good buy.

If you do a lot of sparring (especially heavy),  HG is the way to go so your blade doesn't bend or break.

UE or nonUE is a matter of personal taste and science related to the color of your LEDs.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: