Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: The Avatar Thread  (Read 28379 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 05:06:29 PM »

Now the burning question...considering the new setting...which would you rather have as a foundation for a character?

1. basic elemental bending...fire, earth, air, water...full range of base element abilities (no lightning, metal bending, etc.)

2. alternative elemental bending...a focused aspect to the baseline...a very limited base element ability plus a unique talent like metal bending, lightning, etc. (the idea is that the unique talent took up all your training time so the basics fell to the wayside)

3. technological ability...the machines, batteries, stun batons, etc. used by mundanes to deal with benders...this does not mean you are a bad guy (as per the show), just have access to the equipment and training with the same

4. (this is a home brew from an RPG I was working on, thrown in here just for grins)  beast master...has unique talent for locating, training, handling, communicating, etc. with animals...there are two types within this group...the general and the focus...ability to manage all animals with some measure or absolute connection with one type (near empathic/telepathic connection)

Smiley

I'll take option two, with a focus on lightning, with basic knowledge in general fire bending. Because why fight fire with fun, when fire IS fun? Grin Plus, lightning is just beastly. I mean, who didn't love seeing Mako break out of Aman's blood bending and electrocuting the jerk? That was one of the most BA moments of the series. Cool

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »

Lightning is fun indeed.  All of the special focus abilities have a sweetness factor.

The core healing, the blood bending, metal bending, etc.

I only added the caveat to the focus ability because if not, no one would consider the baseline ability...they would want all that and the unique talent lol.

Light side points please Smiley

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

Cool, we should make an Avatar RP

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »

I'm going to change my mind to Metal, it has the coolness factor.

Also watching Lin, Parkour herself through the air made it that much better.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »

Heh. I knew you'd like that. So how bad did it blow your mind when she lost her metal bending? That seriously shocked me when that happened.

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »

Heh. I knew you'd like that. So how bad did it blow your mind when she lost her metal bending? That seriously shocked me when that happened.

I was way sad but MJ said, "It's Toph's daughter of course she is going to get her bending back."

Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »

Cool, we should make an Avatar RP

Nice thought...but for these forums we are sticking with Star Wars and thus LED Saber related aspects.

Would be fun though  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »

Sad

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »

You know, Rogue.... there are a lot of forums out there specifically for RP, and there are many free services for creating said boards (I've run several of those RPs in the past). If you REALLY want to do an Avatar RP that badly, you could search for one, or create one yourself. Smiley I'd probably join one if I found one I liked the look of, but I need to boost my activity here and on Starship New Jersey as well as it is.... lol

I am not a color...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

I would take option 2 as well and repeat Manroons pick. Fire and lighting are already awesome on their own, but being able to use both is even better. Even if the fire bending is weakened a bit by also using lightning. Cool

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »

Sweet, Corellian and the Mando teaming up and frying our enemies. lol Tell me the Chi Blockers are all Imps. I'd love to fry some Imps.  Grin

I am not a color...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 09:15:21 PM »

Sweet, Corellian and the Mando teaming up and frying our enemies. lol Tell me the Chi Blockers are all Imps. I'd love to fry some Imps.  Grin

Lol I forgot all about the chi blockers.  I remember when I first saw the chi blockers introduced and I was like WTF?! How is anyone suppose to be awesome now, their just going to get chi blocked all the time.  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »

Which reminds me of how much I LOVED seeing Naga leap off the mountain on Air Temple Island and smack Mustache Man in the face. I seriously had to pause that and rewatch it like four times because it was so good. FACE! lol

I am not a color...

ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 32

I am small annoying fly! Hear me roar!

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

I'd go straight lightning. I've always had a love for it. Fire bending would be cool, but the lightning aspect of it is the coolest for me. =)

Give light side or dark side points depending on the reason you're giving them. I'd like to see which side I end up on...
I like making up nicknames for people. Wink
Aeon V3 LE w/ Sound: SRD
Libby, no sound: GB
Reaper w/ Sound, FoC: PO w/ FO

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:20 PM »

I'd probably be....um...this is difficult....some of my friends think I'd be a fire bender, others a water bender, but most think I would be an Air-bender....I hate having to decide...

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: