Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon Le Bone/Tooth mod  (Read 4937 times)
Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: October 05, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »

Greetings saber folk.  This is my first ultrasaber, first mod, and first post. 

This is my Aeon Le-fire orange lightsaber.  The bone/tooth effect was done with a dremel on pvc pipe.  The bone is held on with friction.  The pieces fit so well that they are completely solid and snug.  The black rings are gorilla tape, which has a nice grip like texture.  There are also a couple of o rings.  Nothing on the saber is permanent (in case I change my mind or make other mods, which I will).  Let me know what you think.  I also am making a curved hilt and am in the middle of the painting process.

Maybe I will post those curved hilt soon.  Is it cool to post stuff thats completely original?  I will put an ultrasabers blade in it and then its probs kosher.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »

Posting your own builds is totally fine, so long as you aren't advertising another smith's store or linking to one or something. We actually love seeing stuff like that. There's a guy here named Darth Cooper who posts some AMAZING builds from time to time, and several others of us have been known to post a flash conversion or two. Wink

That looks great! Man, I love FO. It's such an underused color and it looks so awesome, particularly in tooth and bone sabers. Good work! Can't wait to see that curved hilt. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »

I want one.

What size was the PVC you used?

Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »

1 1/4 inch pvc.  1/4 wall.  I spent a few hours yesterday carving and then rubbed dirt and water on it for a hint of color.  Here are some more things. 1 pic of the last saber and my in progress custom curved hilt. word

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »

Nice saber........definitely want to see the curved hilt

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »

That is beautiful. What color blade is it going to run? What materials did you use? And if I may ask, what did you do for the weathering on the emitter? I love the little burn marks.

I am not a color...

Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »

The curved hilt is no where near done.  It is missing a whole bunch of accents and all the electronics.  Yo ultrasabers, you should release a curved hilt.  I got some ideas...

Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

The CH is all pvc except for that gold knob.  All the marks are from sanding off the bad acrylic coating.  It will be pristine when done.  I am thinking it should be Consular Green or red and a short blade.  It will also have a bunch of cool rubber grip accents.  The gold pieces are a very thin pvc.  The load bearing structure is the black pvc handle.  It is gunna be sick when I have some funds for all the parts I need.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »

I might suggest Emerald Green for it. It's a recently added Forum-Only color that I think would fit nicely, from the pics I've seen. Smiley

I am not a color...

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 12:11:27 AM »

Just out of curiousity you wouldntbbe tryin to make a Darth Bane saber.........Not to say the US Bane ismt a beautiful saber......but if youve read the books you would know that he uses a curved hilt saber thats is ornated with bone

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 03:40:50 AM »

I haven't read any books with him in them, but I don't know a little about him and his hilt.  Genesis sabers made an amazing darth bane curved hilt.  I just bought some materials to try a similar style.  I am just getting into this stuff and love it.  When I got my aeon I almost instantly broke my tv with it and I am definitely getting or making more sabers.  The tv's death was a turning point in my training. 

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »

Really digging this, the black and gold really pop next to the white bone.

Is it Sentinel Yellow?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tooth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

It is fire orange.  Just hard to photograph.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »

Jedi_Grevan......Curved like a hook yes....but I don't recall it stating that it had any bone on it.  Now there is a saber smith who did one with bone....

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »

Uh Oh looks like I have soem feirce competition! Here are some of my works.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7390.msg100036#msg100036

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8861.msg131616#msg131616

Very Nice work! The curved saber is great! And I love the carved bone too!  point!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: